Ann 5168

Ungod

Mixed feelings. Gotta be strong. This is how I think most people will gather resources now:

before, you'd get 3 pickaxes, get to the quarry and swing them, coming back every 10 mins and making sure you don't deplete or go under the land's (determined) number; you needed someone to enforce that, but you could time your gathering with a fair estimation

now, you have to get tools for the resources specific for that land; on one hand, it binds you to a land (not gonna mine in GG and go for bark in LR), on the other, it diversifies your gathering (can't mine ore only, also getting tools will require visiting multiple capitols); the timing is also going to be off, although there isn't that much of a difference in cooldown for several tools

So, to sum up, gathering is getting more specialized and more diversified at the same time, with efficient ant-like gatherers going MIA. It sounds like a good change for the gameplay, so I'll just bid sayonara to the days I went with three buckets/pickaxes in GG because there was nobody to pick up those tools anyway (my excuse for hoarding).

To be fair, things like Memory Stones have been scattered throughout the realms pretty evenly.

I honestly only see this update as placing everything else on par more or less with Memory Stones.

It isn't too bad. I strongly suggest using only a mobile web browser with Desktop View on (as the normal mobile view is a bit... Squished) and optimizing from there.

• Root Admin

I didn't get around to summarizing it so I shall do that now, apologies all:

Some people were unsure of the change, to be clear it was after various complaints about specific people grabbing large amount of tools and gathering large quantities of resources.

One comment was that some people were unsure if it was known that independent tools would not work alongside shared/public tools. This is an intentional change which means that an independent tool cannot be utilised alongside additional shared tools. The next stage (detailed later) will focus on reviewing the current available tools and resources.

We had a discussion about whether independent tools should be excluded from the restriction. Some people favoured this however I will not be making this change until I (and those helping me) have reviewed and discussed the distribution of tools and resources.

Some discussion about the stages of the resource rework which I will discuss on a secondary post (to be posted later).

Thank you everyone for putting forward your opinions, I will reply to people above now.

• Root Admin
On 3/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, Ungod said:

It sounds like a good change for the gameplay, so I'll just bid sayonara to the days I went with three buckets/pickaxes in GG because there was nobody to pick up those tools anyway (my excuse for hoarding).

Interesting opinions, thanks Ungod!

On 3/23/2021 at 5:56 AM, Ungod said:

I meant it's not very efficient, i dislike the occasional 'you are not in this scene' and loading times

Whats problematic about the loading times?

The "not in your scene" bug is probably A25 bad sceneloading, I probably need to do some performance optimisations on it after it was implemented by Mur.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, Pipstickz said:

I don't gather at peak efficiency, so I see this as a competitively positive change for me. It can be frustrating that gathering goes so slow sometimes, but it is what it is.

It is what it is, but it can change. I always listen to those who listen to me :) 

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 8:16 PM, Chewett said:

We had a discussion about whether independent tools should be excluded from the restriction. Some people favoured this however I will not be making this change until I (and those helping me) have reviewed and discussed the distribution of tools and resources.

Sure, there should not be 2 common items of same time usable at the same time.
As you may guess, I am on the side of excluding the independent tools from this restriction.
Considering the independent tools in the same category with common tools with same restrictions feels like an insult.
Having an independent tools is a priviledge earned (or probably payed). No matter how over powered the items are, you only show the disregard toward the effort to acquire these items and you give a bad vibe that everything gained or bought in this game can be changed/lost with little to no notice.
Is this "bad vibes" that you want to advertise ?