Birthday Cooking Quest!

THE GOD EMPEROR SUPER DUPER MASTER CHIEF DANK DUKE MAGOHI NEEDS YOU TO FIGHT FOR WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT IN THE WORLD, HIS BELLY

(yeah i totally did not make that title up)

what would the Birthday be without a cooking quest? EXACTLY a birthday without a cooking quest!

now we cant have that, so i am making one, am i not amazing to do that for you? all the amazing prizes that you can win for something you do anyway to feed yourself?

HERE IS THE DEAL, COOK A DISH THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD/HAPPY/WHOLESOME/NICE (you get it)

YOU WILL HAVE TO DESCRIBE YOUR DISH AND PROVIDE ME WITH AN IMAGE, I CANT BE TRUSTED TO LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL, WE DONT WANT THE INCIDENT TO REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN.

tldr:

• cook a dish that makes you feel nice/good /happy/wholesome
  • describe the dish with MD ingredients (optional, will give points)
  • provide a Picture, with name please
  • you have 1 month time (so that means 14th of May)

Rewards:
1st. 3 GC anni crit
2nd. 2 GC anni crit
3rd. 1 GC anni crit

(estimated rewards, kinda made that thing in 5 minutes, will be discussing with some treasury person, hope they will sponsor if not i will come up with something, might change to reward pool who know i certainly dont)

Edited by MaGoHi

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I pushed him to make this quest, and god forbids me from not submitting an entry into a cooking quest!

So I present:

The Runny Chocolatey Brownie of Addiction!

Ingredients:

• 8 Winderwild eggs (preferably the unfertilized unhatch-able chicken-like kind). Replace with Angien Eggs if you're filthy rich without a moral compass. Replace with Drachorn Eggs if you have a death wish. Just not Elemental Eggs *glares at Fyrd*
  • Butter, two sticks. I have no idea how you'd even find them, perhaps Taurion might know where you can get some.
  • Sugar, about 1.2 cups. Crushing some candy canes should do niceeely.
  • Some flavorful herbs. I've heard they're called "vanilla". Maybe you can find them with a herb basket. Maybe you can't.
  • Coffee extract. Or powder. Or Espresso if you're fancy. Popular with lab researchers. Perhaps you should visit the Golemus lab to find out more. Or not. I can't promise you won't be turned into an experiment.
  • Flowers! Wait, no, flour! Go rob MaG, he collected a ton! Wait, no, that's still flower. Erm, perhaps the Golem Mill might have some? Anyway, you need 2 cups of this stuff.
  • Salt. This shouldn't be hard to find. Could even bully someone and harvest their tears for their salt content! Or blood, blood is pretty salty too, right?
  • CHOCOLATE! 1 bar (better be dark chocolate, 70%). Ask your date on Valentine. What, no date? Well, at least that would take care of your salt issues!
  • Cocoa powder. 0.4 cup. Don't snort them. They may be addictive, but not THAT type of addictive.
  • Utensils and an oven. A whip, mixing bowl, container bowls, a pot, spatula, measuring cups, baking tray, parchment paper. If you feel like this is a bit NSFW, you're thinking of the wrong type of whip.

Steps

1. Chop the chocolate. Doesn't matter how, they'll get melted later. Thin flakes makes it easier to melt, but not too thin, else it'll melt on the chopping board
  2. Put the butter into a small pot, and heat it slowly to a boil. Don't burn it.
  3. Crack 4 eggs into the mixing bowl. Separate the yolk from the remaining 4. Also put them into the bowl. Do whatever with the extra whites.
  4. Whip the eggs together, until harmonious. As harmonious as Ledah and MaG were when they schemed to kill Granos.
  5. Slowly pour the boiling butter over the egg, whipping vigorously to prevent the egg from cooking
  6. Put the chocolate into the hot mix, and whip some more. No, not BDSM style. Whip til the choco melts into a nice blend!
  7. Put in the vanilla, coffee extract, sugar crushed candy canes, cocoa powder, and salt, and continue mixing
  8. Put in the flour! Make sure to pick off the pedals... wait, no, that's flower again, urg! Make sure the flour don't clump, use your hand, a strainer, whatever.
  9. Now, get rid of the whip and use a spatula to fold the mixture together. The longer you mix, the chewier the final brownie will get
  10. Put your parchment paper over your baking tray. Some oil could be used to help it stick. Some trimming and folding can make things looks nice. Some social skill may help with that valentine chocolate. Just sayin :3
  11. Pour the mixture into the tray. Put into oven. This is a very complicated step. No, really, it varies a LOT based on your equipment. Usually I'd say half an hour at around 220 Celsius. Or 493.15 for you weirdos with a Kelvin oven.
    • Personally, I pour half. Bake for ~7 minutes. Pour remaining half. Bake for 8. Cover with foil. Bake for another 5-10 minutes. This is the result of repeatedly experimenting with my oven, which is technically not even an oven!
    • You'll need to tinker a lot to get a just-right result to your liking. Including with ingredients.
  12. Take it out. Wait. Wait longer. Wait til it stop smoking, I don't care how good it smell damnit!
  13. Cut and enjoy. With tea. Or coffee. Depending on how "cultured" you are ;)

Why this makes me happy

I've been using this recipe a lot. Tinkered with it, a lot. Changed multiple steps. Tried multiple techniques. Baked dozens.
The thing is - I also barely ate any. This is a treat I make for family. Friends. Guests. I do like sweet, and I love what I made, but what makes me happy is to see others enjoys it (and choke on that sweet, sweet calories!). I'm still tweaking it batch-by-batch. The process of making, the experimentation, and most of all, the joys and appreciation, is what makes this dish special.

So, while I'd love to have the MD community try it some day, the best I could do is to post pictures here :D

These pics may have come from 3 different batches that I made in the past week - I recently tested the double baking process (that also changed a lot of the steps). It's just one improvement of, what I hope to be, many more in the future :D

kulrj4M.jpgSG2mhSC.jpgM9hr8Dj.jpgZphEeF2.jpgWkZsPVA.jpgWDaIwsk.jpg999kPGm.jpgSQCard7.jpg

Edited by Demonic God
typos

• 2 weeks later...

Winderwild Parmesan

I have cooked a version of one of my very favourite meals in the other realm. For MD purposes I have utilised the meat of a winderwild and have dug up some wild growing vegetables from the community garden, left by former gardeners. The soft cheeses are from knator milk.

Recipe

Chicken Parmesan:

1 breast of winderwild

Tbsp soft cheese

2 cloves garlic

1 small ball of mozzarella

Black Pepper

White pepper

1 red onion

1 tsp aromatic herbs (oregano)

1 tsp sumac

250g squashed bushies (passata)

1 winderwild egg beaten

½ cup flour

½ cup breadcrumbs

1 tbsp oil

Vegetables and side:

Small butternut squash

1 carrot

5 florets broccoli

Honey

Mixed spice

Sumac

3 cloves garlic

1 ciabatta roll

1 tbsp butter

3 cloves garlic

1)     Chop red onion finely with a clove of garlic and sweat them off in a small pan with a little oil.

2)     Once onions are soft, add the passata, oregano and white pepper and cook on a low heat while you prepare the rest.

3)     Take the winderwild breast and cut the thick part so it flattens out and smack it with something heavy until it is flat.

4)     Put the soft cheese, a chopped garlic clove and some black pepper and roll it so the stuffing is not visible.

5)     Prepare three bowls – one each with beaten egg, flour and breadcrumbs. Dip the chicken into the egg, the flour, the egg again, the flour and then into the breadcrumb bowl ensuring it is perfectly covered. Leave to the side for a moment.

6)     Peel the butternut squash and chop into even cubes, making sure to keep the seeds. Spray the squash cubes with a little oil and sprinkle the sumac and black pepper and place over two thirds of an ovenproof dish.

7)     Peel the carrot and cut into chunks, cover in honey and a little mixed spice. Add the carrots to the remaining space in the ovenproof dish. Put into oven on a medium heat.

8 )  Heat a little oil in a small frying pan, and when hot add the winderwild. Evenly fry off the winderwild until all the outside is golden brown. Add to a small oven proof dish, slice the mozzarella and place on top. Then spoon the tomato sauce around, with a little on top. Put foil over the dish and add to the oven on the top shelf.

9)     Add the butternut squash seeds to a small oven proof dish with the thoroughly washed, halved broccoli florets. Spray all lightly with oil and add black pepper. Add to the oven on the top shelf.

10)  Leave to cook for 15 minutes.

11)  Take out broccoli dish and keep covered. Slice the ciabatta roll and mix the butter with some chopped garlic and add to the middle. Wrap in foil and add to the oven.

12)  For the next five minutes, set table, grab some nice wine from the lands of the East.

13)  Plate the winderwild, I like to put the sauce in a separate bowl so I can micromanage my sauce to vegetable ratio. Put the roasted vegetables to the side of the plate and sprinkle with the butternut squash seeds for a nice texture. Don’t forget your ciabatta!

14)  Sit, eat and enjoy!

Happy birthday MD!

image.png.6e14260e54af7798d11bf3c2cb79c720.png

Spoiler

image.png.bf8874aa540b54beaf5f14d3fbd54fa1.png

image.png.bc48aecd501656c8e03948300e7a4bc4.png

image.png.ee862fef058651ac8a0acfe7c4fb3ecc.png

image.png.597c6197aab7b4fbe2d54da33c1cccc2.png

image.png.1483248a73a412c8700257603fe7cc77.png

I forgot to put my name with final picture! So here it is with the very empty plates :)

Edited by Ailith
derp

This is a classic Grasan steak, well done. You will need:

1. 2x Grasan steaks - Don't be stingy
  2. 1/2 large tub of aged Jade Garden egg fried rice
  3. 2x Winderwild eggs
  4. 1x extremely rare herb... an Onion
  5. Some Sunfire Oil

You will be pleased to know this recipe DOES NOT use entire stacks.

The first step is to gather all your ingredients together and take a picture. This is the most important step, so don't forget to do it. Why? Why not...

Spoiler

IMG_20210512_185903923.thumb.jpg.2dc6af812ae74c7d29f04b0295e2cdeb.jpg

Next, you want to place your steak into the frying pan. Heat it, eventually, and let it cook. Turn when you remember to. Whilst this is happening, attempt to dice your Onion and give up, as you are tired, and just cut it up somewhat.

Once the steaks are done, chuck the Onion in with a little Sunfire Oil, let them brown up. Dish up the steak with your leftover rice (that you quested for admirably). Remove the onions once browned, and crack your Winderwild eggs into the pan.

Realise you aren't so much after fried eggs as cooked egg matter. Cook accordingly. Once done, dish up.

BEGIN PREPARATIONS FOR THE SECOND SECRET DISH -

Spoiler

IMG_20210512_191126675.thumb.jpg.4d0637e109a362d3596bf19ce9c710e2.jpg

A CUP OF TEA

Spoiler

IMG_20210512_191858565.thumb.jpg.3e4121ce427e276f28bba9de20d19a4a.jpg

Place ONE (1) teabag of your choice into a cup. No doubt your chose brand is the wrong one.

Add ONE (1) teaspoon of sugary matter.

Add SOME (SOME) boiling water. Stir. Remove teabag once seeped to taste.

Add a LITTLE (LITTLE) milk and stir once more.

Enjoy. Then realise the MD mug has held pens for over 10 years and you don't want to wash it.

Last but not least, pose for picture with piece of paper that proves this abomination is, indeed, your creation.

Spoiler

IMG_20210512_193314658.thumb.jpg.e785cbc8aa488b7f28bb101fc14a0bbb.jpg

SUP MA DUDES AND DUDETTE(S), KNEEEL FOR I HAVE JUDGED

1. Ledah - 3 GC anni crit
  2. DG - 2 GC anni crit
  3. Ailith - 1 GC anni crit

RISE AS A COOK AND TRUE GOURMET!

thanks for playing hope you liked the food ;)

Edited by MaGoHi