Typos, Formats, and Other Issues.

Fyrd Argentus

Do please reply to this post as additional items are found.  I hope Chewett deletes them from this list as they get fixed, as there is no value to the historic record here.

QDOC - "setup" > "set up", oxford comma after "rewards", "his" > "their" (gender assumption)

Profile page - "considere", extra tab before "Current Consecutive Days" wraps line, oxford comma after "drawn avatar"

Uploading Custom Avatar - "also that IT HAS not been " add words

Creature Page "soemthing"

Spellbook - "are are" double word, "in such A way" add word

Wish Shop - Guardian Army description "but but" double

--Mirror Ritual - "oponent" 2p's

--bottom of page - "tu" > "to"

Item Inventory/Transfer/More Information - para 1 - "usualy" 2L, "do not mistake them BY inventory weapons" > "FOR", "wont", "setup" > "set up"

- para 3 - "actualy", "reson", "comitee"

- para 4 - "wont", "actualy", "comitee", "dont", tottaly, wont, beeing, wont, nogocible, defenetly, indentintly, easyor

- para 5 - "the other PART" > "the other PLAYER" or PARTY, "valuibles", "wont", ".!"

{this should also probably be re-written, where it talks about value points (obsolete name), and that there is no money - there is now, SC, GC....}

- para 6 - "commitee", "?.", capitalize "i" twice

MD Shop - "have ," (no space), "cant", 2 spaces in line after your

- "you have 1 shop resets" (not plural), "wish SO by" > "TO", "untill"

When you send an in-game PM, the buttons at the bottom include CANCEL.  This is not "cancel the send", it should read EXIT or some such.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

When programing a clickie and you fail to provide a location (blush) you get a sentence with misspellings.  "whem with comma" should read "them with commas".

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 11.24.41 AM.png

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• 2 weeks later...

When you edit a top level forum message and are finished, the button should say "save" like on replies, not "edit topic" - which at that point you have already done, you just want to save your work.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• Root Admin
4 hours ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

When you edit a top level forum message and are finished, the button should say "save" like on replies, not "edit topic" - which at that point you have already done, you just want to save your work.

For reference there is nothing we can do with the forum as it’s a standard package.

Sorry no screen shot.  I refer to the description of the 1000Wn armor item "Swift Lament", +1 defense.  It is the first and only piece of equipment a newbie can buy.

a) It claims to add to some abilities - briskness and/or speed, which it does not.  Suggest you delete this claim.

b) Newbies at this level will fall victim to the rule that armor can no more than double base defense -- i.e. it actually gives them nothing at the stage that they can buy it.  Each will be puzzled about what's going on, wasting energy on the issue.   Note they have 500 defense from GWI housing, but less than 1 base, and get nothing.   I suggest adding a warning about this effect.  "Note: Equipment can no more than double your base stats."

c) I'm given to wonder if equipment shouldn't be stronger in effect, but this is not the place or time to bring it up, so I won't.  ;)

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

On gateway island, the description of the Grassan switches over suddenly to talking about Huvourers.  Say what?  Name changed? Also talks about throwing rocks and Grassan doesn't have a ranged attack.  Needs fixed.  {Later: description in the Armory is the same.}

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.40.27 PM.png

Edited by Fyrd Argentus
Added info

When looking at other players' inventories, the item descriptions are on pop-ups that always goes DOWN.  When you get to the bottom half-dozen items, the popup is chopped off so that you can't read it, because only the portion inside the scroll window is visible.

This could be fixed by having it pop UP if you're at the bottom part of the window, or by adding half-dozen blank lines at the bottom of what is being scrolled through.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

When using silvertongue on a Mac (OS X Chrome), the letter "S" shows as a box, which usually indicates an unrecognized character.  Apparently this is not the case on a windows computer.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the menu strip along the bottom of the page, two things "bug" me.

1) Why does it suddenly pop up 3x size after you use the text box in the right panel to do a "give" operation?  Using it then is the last thing you want to do, but is the first thing you HAVE to do because it obscures the scene.

2) It would be so much more useful if on the first line it showed all the usable objects with pictures, a line feed, then everything else with pictures.

3) Not a bug - it would enhance the value of this menu if you could click on a non-usable item and trigger the "give to..." box.

• 2 weeks later...

An oddity using clickies -- if you type a password and hit "speak words", the password remains in memory.

If you type a password and hit "return", it works for one pass, but the password is NOT stored, and you must type it each time you visit.

This is a big problem if the code loops back after you make an entry -- it drops out instead of continuing to execute.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Principles page refers to "Enthropy" with an H.  All the tokens refer to "Entropy" with no H, which is a real thing in english thermodynamics.

I always assumed this was a made-up word, or else Romanian, but now I think it's a typo.  Let's be consistent.  Probably other places....?

• 2 weeks later...