MP6 "The Protector Stage"

Blackshade Rider

Hello all,

Here I'd like to make a few statements about the current ups and downs of MP6 and also possible solutions/improvements.

For those who do not know what MP6 is, please let me inform you the best to my current knowledge from what I've learned. This may be a bit of a read so please take your time....

What is MP6?

MP6 is a mind stage that comes after MP5. You need a total of 28,000,000 heat scars and a total of 10 active adepts that's counted every 24hrs. ( Used to I believe was 30 active adepts) If you have less than 10 active adepts you will drop mp6 and revert to mp5. However in some cases if you prove worthy the gods of MD will allow you to be a perm MP6 (See a lovely player named Syrian)

This stage is also referred to as a "Protector status".

While in MP6 a player can choose to worship this "Protector" and or also adept them (if they are not already). They can pray erolen heat to this "Protector" and get small amounts of loyalty points. (Yes your protector can see the amount of heat you've prayed to them). But chosing to pick a new "protector" can cost you dearly. It's also said your "protector" you worship has life and death powers over you!!

Spells and worshipers

A Protector can only be beneficial to you with spells if they have the given heat they need and also the worshipers to back them. Protectors are given 7 spell trees consisting of various spells, all of which can help you in time of need, or possibly punishment of those who harmed said worshiper the protector is helping at the time.

I will quote how it's said for the spell trees below 👇

You need 1 worshipers for these spells 

You need 8 worshipers for these spells

You need 16 worshipers for these spells

You need 24 worshipers for these spells

You need 32 worshipers for these spells

You need 64 worshipers for these spells

You need 80 worshipers for these spells

Be careful with spell evolution pattern because its uncommon. More spells are activated based on the number of your worshipers. Spells learned here remain permanently in your spell inventory.

Once you reach the final level you will be able to reset the entire spell tree and try new combinations. (End quote)

Currently even with a perm MP6 such as Syrian these requirements are impossible to achieve due to population. MP6 is meant for more of a population. However in a way it is community elected. I've been keeping track of current population and if I kept correct we currently only have a continuous population of 25 active players. (Maybe half actually playing) 

Also due to population the spells you can get are almost pointless and serve little help as other spells that are similar you can get in the WP shop are much more powerful. Even spell tree level one is only good for new players. One spell may be useful to help any player (can not say as I'm sure it's a spoiler). But even this spell is weaker than it's sibling spell in the WP shop. 

I purpose we maybe give Perm MP6 players (not me *Points to Syrian*) the opportunity to have these worship requirements lowered Possibly to the current number our current perm MP6 has. This is so we can at least have one fully functional "Protector" . As perm mp6 is worthy of that status. I also purpose we keep those who have not earned a Perm mp6 status to be left with the current worshiper requirements.

A worshiper also has no spell benefits but I explain a possible new function below in the heat section 👇 

HEAT

Currently the heat system with mp6 is complete chaos. I've had some worshipers pray heat so fast and so much I couldn't use it all near enough. I purpose a suggestion that a player named Else stated here in another topic I am involved with concerning MP6

👇

https://forum.magicduel.com/topic/22855-various-complaints-personal-comments-about-ledah-and-blackshade-rider/?do=findComment&comment=197671

I think what Else purposed in this other MP6 topic is a great idea to the mp6 system. Some way for a protector to store and use the heat prayed to them for a later use when needed. 

MP6 are able to see how much heat you pray to them overall (even if you didn't use the heat) . It almost acts like a score board in my eyes. Maybe we can possibly use this as a Score board? It already keeps track of how much heat that player prays so what if we use that and it also store that heat. Change the way to see how much heat a worshiper prays to clicking on the said worshipers name. 

IN this we could also add a system for the worshipers based on another one of Else's suggestions of ( tele to prot, chase prot ect)

A worshiper that is loyal should be rewarded from time to time yes? Maybe if we have said spells worshipers can learn as temp spells non Regen (without a protector) non stoneable as only gives 2-3 casts..

An example would be .... If said worshiper prays 25k heat to their protector them they unlock a said temp spell such as "tele to prot". A spell such as this only useable on one's self and would tele them to their protector. 

The more this loyal worshiper prays the more different spells they can learn to help them maybe "better help their protector" or maybe some small weak spells that can help themselves in a sticky situation if their protector is not online. 

Attacking

Mp6 currently can only attack and be attacked if you are in an alliance. I feel this should be changed as MP6 as a Protector can't help some people due to this. Such as MP3 and MP4 and mp5 of no alliance. While yes we have some players who keep alts on hand to try and help, this can help take a small burden off them if we allow mp6 to be attacked by all MP lvls and not have to be in an alliance. This can also help the worshipers a protector may have that are mp3 or mp4 to train and make it to mp5. 

I am unsure if I can say the heat scar requirements to surpass mp6 but know it is very high up there.  I feel mp6 should be able to have this ability both perm mp6 and temp mp6s

Currently also there is a known bug you can read about here 👇

I think this could be implemented as a form of punishment for dropping mp6 and then regained while having casts of a prot spell from a spell stone.

Currently I know this is a long read so I will stop here and answer any questions someone may have. 

Thanks for the read and I look forward to everyones opinions on This 

*sighs* as i was so detailed in explaining why i think that the changes you propose are bad i dont quiet understand where i could have been even more clear, but let my try anyway

11 hours ago, Blackshade Rider said:

Currently the heat system with mp6 is complete chaos. I've had some worshipers pray heat so fast and so much I couldn't use it all near enough. I purpose a suggestion that a player named Else stated here in another topic I am involved with concerning MP6

👇

https://forum.magicduel.com/topic/22855-various-complaints-personal-comments-about-ledah-and-blackshade-rider/?do=findComment&comment=197671

I think what Else purposed in this other MP6 topic is a great idea to the mp6 system. Some way for a protector to store and use the heat prayed to them for a later use when needed. 

No, you dont need a way to store heat as there is already a way to store heat in heatstones, not having to do the extra steps of collecting memory stones and a heat infuser to create them would make it too easy

IN this we could also add a system for the worshipers based on another one of Else's suggestions of ( tele to prot, chase prot ect)

A worshiper that is loyal should be rewarded from time to time yes? Maybe if we have said spells worshipers can learn as temp spells non Regen (without a protector) non stoneable as only gives 2-3 casts..

An example would be .... If said worshiper prays 25k heat to their protector them they unlock a said temp spell such as "tele to prot". A spell such as this only useable on one's self and would tele them to their protector. 

The more this loyal worshiper prays the more different spells they can learn to help them maybe "better help their protector" or maybe some small weak spells that can help themselves in a sticky situation if their protector is not online. 

No, a worshipper should only be rewarded by the protector they serve, if they deem that as appropriate.

Attacking

Mp6 currently can only attack and be attacked if you are in an alliance. I feel this should be changed as MP6 as a Protector can't help some people due to this. Such as MP3 and MP4 and mp5 of no alliance. While yes we have some players who keep alts on hand to try and help, this can help take a small burden off them if we allow mp6 to be attacked by all MP lvls and not have to be in an alliance. This can also help the worshipers a protector may have that are mp3 or mp4 to train and make it to mp5. 

I am unsure if I can say the heat scar requirements to surpass mp6 but know it is very high up there.  I feel mp6 should be able to have this ability both perm mp6 and temp mp6s

No, we do not need MP6 to be able to fight with mp3/4 as there is already MP7 that can do this, in the first place you can only fight within your mp level and alliances give you the ability or rather grant you the exception to cross mp levels for fights

I think this could be implemented as a form of punishment for dropping mp6 and then regained while having casts of a prot spell from a spell stone.

No, as you can not influence who follows you, you should not be punished for something you can not influence directly, furthermore is the power or rather the abilities you get from being MP6 more like a privilege and losing the privilege is enough punishment already

in conclusio

1 hour ago, MaGoHi said:

No

PS: please read this

Edited by MaGoHi
the link didnt work

An interesting topic, it probably was a good idea to split from the old one as it attracted a lot of negativity for some reason!

It took me a few hours but I've now read the post, here is my feedback on your proposals.

Spoiler

HEAT

👇

I am not a fan of allowing MP6 to store up infinite amounts of heat. There are quite a few items and other mechanics in the realm that have been balanced around players only being able to hold around 4000 at once - you also already have Erolin devices. I'm also curious as to how it would actually work - would they only have 4000 effective heat for things like combat rewards? If you have so many people actively worshipping you and each spell costs 500 heat to cast you can already cast 8 spells - is it such a problem if some heat is nominally wasted? I just can't understand the purpose behind the change.

Spoiler

This is actually interesting. I'm not a particular fan of teleport spells in general, I think a few years back - or maybe even a decade ago, there was some serious talk about removing them but rewards for worshippers performing is something I can get behind.

Spoiler

Attacking

No.

For one, combat is not all there is to MD. I understand and have no issue with people helping others raise their Mindpower level, but it should not be done via MP7 or anything like that. The ability to attack MP3 freely has been abused before by people who are trying to help - themselves in that case. As it is, players can easily get to MP4 currently and if they wish to join an alliance can go down that path.

5 minutes ago, Ledah said:

players can easily get to MP4 currently

Not easy in the eyes of a newbie.  Without lifesteal, and with GWI citizen defenses, it takes a long time to get to 380,000 heat scars-- thousands of battles (x2 worrying about balance), which for a new player, is discouraging.

{But not relevant to this thread.  Sorry.}

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

4 minutes ago, Fyrd Argentus said:

Not easy in the eyes of a newbie.  Without lifesteal, and with GWI citizen defenses, it takes a long time to get to 380,000 heat scars-- thousands of battles (x2 worrying about balance), which for a new player, is discouraging.

{But not relevant to this thread.  Sorry.}

I'll be honest that is somewhat surprising as I was able to get a new account to MP4 in a few hours of playtime without leaving GWI not so long ago. No lifesteal either!

It used to take a few weeks to advance to MP4, there should be no need for people to rush through the game...

13 hours ago, Blackshade Rider said:

Spells learned here remain permanently in your spell inventory

This is actually a huge deal to me tbh...

------------------------------------------------

My idea regarding MP6s storing heat from worshippers was like having a budget:

2500/10000??

Teleport to protector spellstone: 8k?

Heal worshipper: 1k?

Heal adept:2k?

Remove effects from worshipper (mute, movelock,attacklock,etc): 5k??

Ofc no infinite amount of stored heat.

Also notice that grinders get 4k heat with almost any action, so need much higher numbers to buy stuff or limit the heat that a worshipper can give to protector daily, weekly, monthly. 

• 1 month later...