HC and RPCs

Burns

Imo, it's a bug that RPCs can gather heads at all as they can't win the contest...
last month Day lost his rewards because Raven got off first, this month MRD (who already won a HC and should therefore be not able to gather heads at all) will most probably do the same...

that might need a coded solution... :P

[quote name='Burns' post='32391' date='May 28 2009, 12:15 PM']Imo, it's a bug that RPCs can gather heads at all as they can't win the contest...
last month Day lost his rewards because Raven got off first, this month MRD (who already won a HC and should therefore be not able to gather heads at all) will most probably do the same...

that might need a coded solution... :P[/quote]

Agreed, there is little point in winning the HC if you won't even get a reward....

[quote name='Raven' post='32393' date='May 28 2009, 01:22 PM']I didn't go and play in HC because of reward cuz I knew that I probably wouldn't get it etc etc.. Reason was way more simple.

And HC is unfair isn't it?[/quote]

Yes, the competition is unfair, but whatever position to finish in, you should still get the reward for, if you are eligible to win.

[quote name='Raven' post='32393' date='May 28 2009, 11:22 PM']I didn't go and play in HC because of reward cuz I knew that I probably wouldn't get it etc etc.. Reason was way more simple.

And HC is unfair isn't it?[/quote]

Oh so now using bugs is allowed? RPCs are allowed but the normal players are forbidden? Isn't that a double standard or should I say hypocrisy?

• 2 months later...

Well, the last HC, two RPC got involved.
Raven and MRD.
Both of them is known to disrupt the HC all the time.
I guess that is the unfair in the HC.

I understand MRD do what he does coz he doesnt make any reasons or excuses for what he is doing.
He just disrupts because he can.

What ticks me off is when in the beginning of HC (I ask Raven if I can have his heads) Raven told me that RPC cannot help players in HC and he is in it to make the players tougher. He is the chaos bringer and Mur supports his role. I have no choice but to accept it.

Then Raven goes and gives all his heads to Amoran, hunt me down and takes all my heads and gives it all to Amoran, making sure all competition is eliminated for Amoran.

I guess he was not just playing a chaos bringer but also a hypocrite.

The last HC, I lost to Raven, not to Amoran.

I guess I would not be this pissed if Raven never said anything about RPC cannot help players in HC.

I know that HC is unfair, but for a RPC to lie and double cross, it is sad coz a RPC should conduct themselves in a more dignified manner.

I feel a RPC should be above politics, not by becoming someones pet to go hunting.

My apologies if my words offend anyone, but it still stings to know that a RPC can lie in your face and does not feel guilty about it.

I accept my second place, but can Raven accept that he has tarnish the rep of RPCs who are suppose to be respected.

Yes, it is. Moreover: if an RPC wins then that RPC is not given anything (so he/she has no need to win) but the second place receives only the prize for 2nd place even if s/he should be first.

[quote name='CrazyMike' date='16 August 2009 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1250431969' post='39578']

What ticks me off is when in the beginning of HC (I ask Raven if I can have his heads) Raven told me that RPC cannot help players in HC and he is in it to make the players tougher. He is the chaos bringer and Mur supports his role. I have no choice but to accept it.

Then Raven goes and gives all his heads to Amoran, hunt me down and takes all my heads and gives it all to Amoran, making sure all competition is eliminated for Amoran.

I guess he was not just playing a chaos bringer but also a hypocrite.
[/quote]

And you asked for help with heads etc and she didn't.

P.S.: Srry for spam Chewy :P

Edit: Also I'll try next HC if its still happening. :D

Edited by Raven

True, I did ask for Raven's heads, this is coz that was my first time going for HC and I didnt know about the RPC's status.

Well, no point in crying over spilled milk.

This thread is not about Raven being a hipocrite and a blight to the goodname of other RPCs (though it would be nice to have that in his tag so that nobody gets caught by surprise, Chaos Bringer and Confirmed Hipocrite)

Anyways, is the RPC getting heads a bug or is something that is sanctioned by Mur.

That is the question that begs to be answered.

It would be interesting to know if this is a bug or otherwise, making the competition harder for MP5 is one thing like removing heads from circulation so the competition longer but is it not some what unethical for the RPC to collect heads and either win messing up the rewards or just give the heads away to people they want to win because they can,and yes I know a powerful player that hasnt won before could technically do the same thing but once they have won they have won they cannot do it with rpc they cant win so they can keep doing it as much as they feel like.

Well I searched around for a bit and found this:

Quoting Mur:
[i]: right...well as you can see you are not on the winner list, mainly because rpcs can;t win
: yes, its actualy a rule, rpcs can compete but not win[/i]

P.S.: Make different topic about me being hipocrite if you want.

That brings up a whole can of worms.

RPCs who were not on the winner's list can compete but cannot win.

MRD has won it before but he still taking heads.

Tarquinus has won it before he cannot take heads.

How does this work?

PS: So full of yourself that you need a dedicated thread to talk about yourself? Anyways, you have brought enough shame to your fellow RPCs without having to make a special thread to talk about you being a dog whose leash is held by ..... :)

Its just my opinion, so not indicative of RPC sentiment.
However, I feel that RPC participation in the HC is not a good idea. We aren't supposed to spend time doing quests, we are supposed to create quests afterall. So why should we be devoting hours and days to the HC? While it may be technically allowed, it doesn't make it right does it?
I'm not talking about adjudicating or mixing things up here either. Moving people that are hiding out in remote areas, is not participating, but collecting heads is.

Furthermore, RPCs using their power(even if you argue that it has nothing to do with your status or abilities as an RPC)to directly affect or determine the outcome of a HC seems wrong to me also.

Ok the HC thing has been like this from day one

I dont play in the HC as i dont have time and cant be bothered
Yes it is anoying that RPC can win but gain nothing from it and well as Firs says
RPC's should be spending time creating not playing :P

I also know code is there for stopping an RPC getting heads
as this is on wodin and he cant take heads.
so should not be too difficult to implement

I don't make rules for other people, but in my own mind, at least, I feel there is something not quite right about particpating in the HC, it is a bit unfair. I feel, as RPC, I should be in more of a helping role, not a hunt-you-down-and-kill-you role.

I know people particpate for the fun involved, and it isn't always about the reward, and yes, yes, heads is unfair, I know. However, those excuses seem to fall a bit flat when people who are able to win do not get the rewards that they are particpating and fighting for.

Thank you..... Pamps said it aptly.

I agree the HC is tough and unfair.

But to play the HC and have a RPC single mindedly hunting you is waayyyyy out of hand. (I dont mind what MRD is doing coz he just attacks everyone on the board, but to be singled out?)

When I was a LHO, i didnt train, didnt recruit but just concentrated on my role as LHO. (Some say I am stupid but I call it dedicated to the responsibility given)

I was kicked out when I started to RP and I realised I cannot play both roles effectively. (I didnt complain but instead moved on)

It is an honor to be a RPC, a LHO or an admin for MD.

So.... be a RPC, hold your heads high, be respected, do justice to the responsibility given.

Most of the RPC is doing a great job, lets not allow 1 or 2 bad apples tarnish the respected role of a RPC.

PS: Yes, you are giving RPCs a bad name and stop hiding behind Mur and keep saying Mur supports what you are doing. I dont believe that Mur supports the idea of 1 of his RPC being someone's running dog.

[quote name='CrazyMike' date='17 August 2009 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1250520099' post='39695']
PS: Yes, you are giving RPCs a bad name and stop hiding behind Mur and keep saying Mur supports what you are doing. I dont believe that Mur supports the idea of 1 of his RPC being someone's running dog.
[/quote]

I'm not hidding behind Mur and he never said that he supports it he just told how it is. Also I'm still wondering who's running dog I am. Care to enlighten me?

Hmmmmm.....

This thread is suppose to be about RPC's role in HC but since you ask.....

I regret that I did not save our conversation at Madman's Trial.

When I question you hunting players down for heads, you dared me to bring this up to Mur and saying that Mur knows what you are doing and supports what you do.

In the adult world, this is called name dropping.

I actually believed you and resigned to the fate that you will try to mess the HC up.

But when you start giving your heads to.....

And when on YM I told her that I will not give way to let her win, I can actually see you rushing towards me.....

You took my heads and again give it all to her.

You actually hunted for me when I was near her trying to get her heads.

I guess I must apologize for calling you a dog.

Dogs should not be insulted.

It is not your fault that you are weak of mind as she is known to be manipulative.

And if you still have no idea who your real master is.... I no longer feel angry for what you did, but I feel sorry for you.

My apologies to all who have to read my rantings.

It is not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings, but I am still trying to get over the bitterness of losing to a RPC.

HC is not fair, and I am just being idealistic to think that a RPC will not lie to me and do something else later.

This thread is to hopefully ensure that the next HC the same incident will not happen to other players who wants to play HC.

This thread being about RPC's and HC... Well it kinda turned into something else.

I probably could find parts of that conversation somewhere.. (Edit: Found few parts of our conversation but only fun parts... That is fun parts for me.)

And of course you can go tell it to Mur, he knew for that I won in HC (3 months ago) and he didn't really do anything to aprove or dissaprove it.

In adult world you would realize that this is a game.

I did mess up HC with giving heads to someone else didn't I?

And lol to her being my master, if you would mention some other woman I think I could agree with you.

I was in last HC for only 1st two days. After that I was on 3 days holidays. So tehnicaly you should be able to win with enough dedication, it was quite long HC.

You also need to realize that I'm RPC and one that doesn't always have a good side. bla bla bla etc

[I think thats it for now.]

Edited by Raven