Md Awards 2009

I am Bored

A couple people have said about this to me. If people want to use this thread to suggest different Awards then i'll try and sort something out.

For last years awards you can look at; [url="http://md-archives.com/articles/54/1/1st-Annual-MD-Awards/Page1.html"]http://md-archives.c...ards/Page1.html[/url]

LE: Note: These are awards for over the past year, not just for last week or whatever.
Hope you don't mind the thread hijack iab, i also alatered the title slightly.

Edited by Grido

[quote name='I am Bored' date='26 November 2009 - 05:46 AM' timestamp='1259210779' post='48507']
does you hijacking my thread mean you are lowing my warn level?[color="#0000ff"]No, because this post is also spam.So they compensate each other.DST[/color] darn :(
[/quote]

I nominate this for funniest quote :))

Anyway, most influential isn't bad, but there are too many categories inside influential to pick from, because people will usually have completely different ideas about what influential means. I mean, just look at the times. They went for the dude who created 4chan.org. ¬_¬

And best PWR.. since we have no more RPC.. what do we do with it? :P

Edited by Metal Bunny

Finally I get to this topic.
I propose to have a look on last year's awards and remove the ones that do not fit anymore. Like best RPC. As for best PWR, we can change it to best role player (yeah...I know that some of you will be thrilled about this category). This way everyone is included. And we can add more categories since lots of things changed. And the first one that pops into my mind is something like "Best quest" not Best quest creator since some of the players did not have the chance of doing more then 1 quest. I still think we should keep the noob of the year, most annoying and least convincing alts. On the other hand we can introduce something like:The most well-known alt. And why not an award like best helping player since there are few that help a lot and they are not LHOs. Hmm...let's see...what else? Oh...I just got an idea. We can keep the best RPC but only this year. We can give a "post-mortem" award to the best RPC :)).

I am out of ideas for the moment.

Cause right now I don't make the distinction between a PWR and a RP-er. Since last year things have changed a lot and right now almost all RP-ers are PWRs.
As for the RPC award...we can forget about it. It was just a suggestion.

last time we had best roleplayer and best pwr which are both purely roleplay and best rpc had a lot to do with roleplay as well. so how about adding the counterpart this time? we got roleplayers and fighters in MD. those are pretty much the 2 biggest main categories.
so how about a strongest fighter?
or well i know that stat grinders arent liked but its a huge part of MD so there could also be a most excessive grinder or something like that.

cant think of any more the old categories are good and mostly still fitting

why do u ask for a either or? creatures, stats, batlle knowledge all go together. they arent seperate. if u lag one of those 3 u cant be under the top fighters in gerneral. u are maybe the top fighter in ur category but overall u arent.
that either or doesnt make sense to me.
and i could ask the same question for roleplay how do u decide who is the best roleplayer? by the number of blue lines he writes?, by how good his writing fits his character?, by how popular he is?, how funny and witty his roleplay is? people will always decide differently and none of these categories are black or white.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Lifeline' date='29 November 2009 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1259495331' post='48694']
why do u ask for a either or? creatures, stats, batlle knowledge all go together. they arent seperate. if u lag one of those 3 u cant be under the top fighters in gerneral. u are maybe the top fighter in ur category but overall u arent.
that either or doesnt make sense to me.
and i could ask the same question for roleplay how do u decide who is the best roleplayer? by the number of blue lines he writes?, by how good his writing fits his character?, by how popular he is?, how funny and witty his roleplay is? people will always decide differently and none of these categories are black or white.
[/quote]

or perhaps a simple vote? who they think is the most powerful

You said "strongest" fighter. Strong does not always imply good strategy knowledge or tactics or all those. That's why I asked. Best fighter is most suitable cause it combines all the topics you wrote down.

As for RP-ers..well...I think it's easier. Just because you KNOW when a RP-er is good or not :D. I don't know how to explain it better.

These should be adapted or removed imo:
Best RPC - no more RPC
Best PWR - redundant
Best Dojo Staff - sparring grounds/GGG?
Rookie of the Year - but the description says < 80 AD =/= 1 year
Best LHO - most helpful person?
Least Convincing Alts - several alts have been banned...
Best Quote - "Awarded to the player or players who have given the best contributions to Yami no Sakura's list on the Forum." I don't remember such a list being updated the past months. Not that we can't start a new thread, but many funny quotes of the previous months will be lost.

Additions:
I like the best quest idea. Should it be the most difficult or the most fun or both?
Best fighter makes sense too, what about best puzzler? Totally unpractical to decide, but solving quests is also a main objective in MD imo.
Best debate and best debater; another one of MD's pillars.
Perhaps something market related, the market can always use more propaganda. Best slave/employee, best trader etc?