New Headcontest For All

Lifeline

I just read the announcement about the changes in the head contest and got an awesome idea. But let me first briefly explain the situation:
Several things have changed – the two most important ones being a much faster distribution of the heads and stage2 lasting twice as long.
Every player gets a lot more heads now what leads to stage1 getting finished much quicker than ever before even if 8k score is needed now. Stage2 however is twice as long. In the current head contest the second stage is even longer than the first and in the future they will probably be equally long in average. This is a huge change because in the past stage2 changed nothing at all and everybody just retired.

So here my new idea:
Allow everybody to participate again and win once again. For the last several months the head contest was dull. Nobody in mp5 participated and mp3 was full of alts.
If everybody is allowed to participate again including all the vets there would be much more action and the head contest would be alive again for a long time. I remember ideas about a veteran head contest only which wouldn’t even be necessary anymore if anybody could participate and win again. I am certain it would bring much more life back into MD and a new purpose for a lot of players and new motivations for all those who are interested in competition and combat.

• Root Admin

But then surely the vets will win again and again, unless you get them to help one person, and it all means that the vets have ALL the power

This would be a good idea if the principle of "anyone can beat anyone" applied but it doesnt

[quote name='Chewett' date='29 November 2009 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1259512258' post='48713']
But then surely the vets will win again and again, unless you get them to help one person, and it all means that the vets have ALL the power

This would be a good idea if the principle of "anyone can beat anyone" applied but it doesnt
[/quote]

first of all i said participate and win [b]ONCE[/b] again.
second vets are mostly mp5. and strength has only very little to do with mp5 or mp4 head contest. u dont get a sword balance(all heads)with raw strength and tons of stats.

but anyway all of that doesnt matter at all because what is the head contest like right now? nobody even participates or has any competition on mp5. the last several month the silver medals on mp5 even went to random people who never really participated but just idled somewhere where others didnt bother to go. and mp3 is full of vets anyway with their alts. so why not bring more fire to the head contest and fulfill the wishes of many vets who would love another go at the head contest?

i agree with chewy. most people if they see certain names up in the HC contest its fairly pointless to try. When anyone who plays the game enough to try and compete for a competition sees...ohh i don't know GRIDO:(no personal stab you just happened to be a high ranker in HC :P) for example they won't even try. Shadow games only work in stage I which like you said will now be really short. Instead now they have to sit at the GoE where, lets be honest, some vets have more power in 2 creatures than even someone newer has in their whole creature army. Of course, some argue..well that's just mp5 and your fault for not having 6 drachorns. You see the same thing in MP4 and MP3. I know MP3s with 70 days age on them or longer. There are MP4's over a year old and have creatures some mp5s don't have. I understand as well as the vets do about the contest and how isn't fair, but I assure you if people were allowed to compete in heads again you would see a huge drop in the participation by the newer people.

Pretty much this post to me says "Let the vets play again"

Why did noone in MP5 participate? Because you vets run MP5s off. People, like me, came to MP5 with stars in our eyes thinking we made it to the big time. Just to be trampled and mauled at every moments move by 5 or 6 drachorns. Now, I'm not saying that's wrong or that new MP5s must overcome this obstacle. Obcviously alot of MP5s quit due to this. Happened all the time, though latly I havn't even seen mp4s move to MP5s with few exceptions. Mostly because they are scared to death at the thought of coming to this stage to get trampled on.

Why is MP3 full of alts? Because vets are bored of sitting around with their untouchable mp5s, so the make mp3 alts that come along and destroy newcomers. Sure ya start out with the same time and creatures, but with the know-how to tear apart even a fairly experienced mp3. You wonder why the population of MD is down as a whole. simple....VETS

The HC is only an example of it. There are many, many more that could be listed. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that all the old school players try to drag the game down. But there are plenty who are...and we all look around and wonder why the population of MD is going down...some blame Mur for all his techno work...some blame the game and its "boring" gameplay...some blame drama and the forum...you know who I blame? The same people that made this game great...the VETS...
I blame myself too. I may be 264 days old, but I don't consider myself a Vet. I blame people who walk around and wait for the VETS to do something, start something, get this game motivated and going again. Put a pulse back in it to make it breathe. I blame all of us who have any knowledge of this game. I just try when I play to remember the reason I started playing, the reason I try to create something more...for the days I spent in wide eyed glory of Khalazdad, Ravenoid, King Bull, and many other people who still play in this game and keep what bit remains alive.

No clue where this all came from, just now getting over being really really sick for a week. Just been reading all the posts over the past week and building this up.

Edited by phantasm

I dont know I personally like the idea of vets being able to win once again who knows maybe it will but a hold onto the mp3 alts for a month or two :P besides with the amount of vets and strong players around it will take quite a while before everyone can place again and it would bring a bit of exitement into the game for this to be allowed that just my personal opinion though.

i see, a head contest with almost no participation is preferred to one that is alive.
of course new players wouldnt stand a chance in the first months on mp5. but they can just wait and participate after all the vets killed eachother. the current head contest is a shadow of what it once was. i loved the high competition a year ago it was what made the head contest fun. there is no spirit or challenge in the head contest anymore at all. its all about waiting until the month where the least people care to bother about it. u ask around a few days before the head contest starts who wants to win and then u can already decided ok i get my gold medal next month after agreeing who wins in which month.
why should the head contest be something that every player just being a few weeks on his MPlevel can win? after half a year the vets will have won and not be able to participate and until then new players had plenty of chance to build up their forces to compete. i dont understand why it needs to get lowered to a level where everybody can easly win without much commitment.
make it respected again and a goal that is worth reaching. a goal that is worth training for. a goal that makes u feel like u accomplished something. and not something on ur to do list that gets done when all the competition is out.
its a competition so make it a competition again.
the rules and all are fine its just the participation that is lagging. a year ago people were proud when they managed to get a silver medal in the head contest. now people get silver medals without even trying and just idling in some remote location.
is it not also more fun and interesting for new players if there is a real challenge in the game? something that only the best can win? i get motivation when i see a goal that is really hard to reach and dont even take anything else serious that can be won by not being 100% committed.

Ho PLZ don't do such a change. let me tell u it will only make strong people more stronger. Plz don't do it. Lets every body get a chance and have a equal Stats
First of all we iam a mp3 player face these problems
1) ALTS with lore root creatures
2) Players with sun god sets, royal guard sets and medusa sets ( I have no idea how they do this even at MP3lvl )
3) Token whore player with heavy token Creatures or Creatures from MD shops
4) The Archers which does 1dmg hehehe . I mean r u guys expecting us to defeat mp4 player( when we get up to MP4 lvl) who has lore root creatures. Yes i can but i have to use fully grown Garson, armors and elemental if i have to score a win but what's the point i get Person XP which i don't want and waste my creatures XP which is already fully upgraded.
5) Quest which is not game related. U guys all know i don't need to mention those.
6) Torch competition with no rewards

Now no Top of these thing if u allow Vets to participate in Head contest let me tell u simply " MANY WILL QUIT MD " It is fact u have to face it.
Iam sorry to make such a comment i respect Life line a Lot more than ANY Md players but i won't agree to this Idea if Mur will implement i will Go on a unconditional Strike hehehe :P

Head contest is all what we see a change to even the odds. If u implement Vet to participate i will tell the winners in Mp3 section now itself. Kyhpis, H, Chewette well u can start giving them 7 K Vit and 10 K Vp with 200 attack and defense Stats right away for next month too or perhaps for the next whole years hehehe No need to conduct head contest for mp3 hehehe.

Edited by Tipu

[quote name='Tipu' date='30 November 2009 - 04:10 AM' timestamp='1259550638' post='48738']
Ho PLZ don't do such a change. let me tell u it will only make strong people more stronger. Plz don't do it. Lets every body get a chance and have a equal Stats
[...]
Head contest is all what we see a change to even the odds. If u implement Vet to participate i will tell the winners in Mp3 section now itself. Kyhpis, H, Chewette well u can start giving them 7 K Vit and 10 K Vp with 200 attack and defense Stats right away for next month too or perhaps for the next whole years hehehe No need to conduct head contest for mp3 hehehe.
[/quote]

Bullshit, HC doesn't 'even the odds' at all, and is not meant to do that.
The stronger will win and get a nice shiny medal, that's what the contest is about, all other rewards, apart from the 1st place credit reward, are hardly worth the time you waste to win a contest since you can get those stats 10 times faster with casual grinding.

10k VP? 7k VE? what's that, nothing? i get more than that if i sacrifice the creatures i'm not using currently and re-raise them, they surely have their max age by the time i'm done with training my angiens, no big deal

plus, the longer this contest runs with the setting of vets being unable to take heads and win, even when we don't get rewards, the less interesting it gets, as Life already mentioned, anybody can just wait for a month with little competition and win the contest without doing anything for it, mp5 win that contests and get their medals for idling in remote places! no tactics, no hiding, not even strenght, they simply get the medals shoved up their lazy *****!

so, yeah, i guess i have to support lifeline on that matter, even though i'd like it better if us vets got a seperate contest to show off with a 'real' medal, one which is hard to get, unlike the golden head-medal... -.-

YES! I want to be able to participate in HC. I want to be able to take part of the blood shed that HC will become if you allow vets to play. It was a thrill when I competed. I slept only few hours. I don't really remember eating. And I think I also switched my phone off. For several days I was an adrenaline junky. I want that back!

Head contest is really one of the most interesting and challenging parts of MD..Unfair as it is it gives great thrills and sleepless nights.

I enjoyed participating in mp4 (Totenkopf i do remember how fierce competition you were :P)..and kind of regretted participating too early..should have waited until i was stronger and had a chance to win 1st place instead of 4..  HC Is  one of the things that i anticipate when i get to mp5..

But to compete against ALL of the vets? That would surely give me zero chances of winning anything..Some of them ok but ALL?? then there will be no point in playing..Now don't get me wrong..There is nothing that i would like more than participating once more in MP4...

But what would be fairer (even in an unfair contest ;)) is to have different contests for young and vet players..A special tournament for vets, on a different date maybe where everyone above a predefined amount of active days could participate and win (without even a limitation on how many times you are allowed to win)

Ps: It's offtopic but i think the structure of Torch competition should be changed as well in order to  make it more interesting for the community, especially now with citizenship eg..reward to winning  country, and then maybe a reward from the king to the top 3 performers from this country etc)..As it is now seems pretty dull and with minimal participation..

[quote name='Tipu' date='30 November 2009 - 03:10 AM' timestamp='1259550638' post='48738']
First of all we iam a mp3 player face these problems
1) ALTS with lore root creatures
2) Players with sun god sets, royal guard sets and medusa sets ( I have no idea how they do this even at MP3lvl )
3) Token whore player with heavy token Creatures or Creatures from MD shops
4) The Archers which does 1dmg hehehe . I mean r u guys expecting us to defeat mp4 player( when we get up to MP4 lvl) who has lore root creatures. Yes i can but i have to use fully grown Garson, armors and elemental if i have to score a win but what's the point i get Person XP which i don't want and waste my creatures XP which is already fully upgraded.
5) Quest which is not game related. U guys all know i don't need to mention those.
6) Torch competition with no rewards

Now no Top of these thing if u allow Vets to participate in Head contest let me tell u simply " MANY WILL QUIT MD " It is fact u have to face it.
Iam sorry to make such a comment i respect Life line a Lot more than ANY Md players but i won't agree to this Idea if Mur will implement i will Go on a unconditional Strike hehehe :D

[/quote]

Well I see your point here, allowing veterans to rejoin the would really only make those who are already strong... well stronger, especially in the MP3/4 levels where those who have pretty much stat farmed before the archer change can completely dominate everyone else. As a side note, number 1) - 5) can easily be done with a bit of preknowledge into the game, I've done it on my character and it isn't really an alt.

PS: Where's my name up there? :D I'm pretty sure I would give H, Kyhpis and Chewette a run for their money!

[quote name='North' date='30 November 2009 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1259577728' post='48753']
Ps: It's offtopic but i think the structure of Torch competition should be changed as well in order to  make it more interesting for the community, especially now with citizenship eg..reward to winning  country, and then maybe a reward from the king to the top 3 performers from this country etc)..As it is now seems pretty dull and with minimal participation..
[/quote]

Yeah, this is actually one of the problems regarding torch competitions. With rewards only being distributed to the lands, it pretty much puts off new players and players without a homeland from joining since there's absolutely no benefit and even if you are affiliated with a land your lord may also not do anything with the reward (aka. accumulate it). My suggestion here would be to implement some sort of mini-reward; possibly a very minor stat boost or a creature reward for a certain amount of kills attained or otherwise this event may as well die off due to minimal to no participation.

Why not just making a HC tournament just for vet players, where everyone can compete over and over again (perhaps even from all mp levels at the same time)

with no actual reward other than a special gold metal and their names inscribed in gold on the pillar under the statue in the tribunals in the order of most wins

Wouldn't that be something to fight and train for ??

[quote name='Sharpwind' date='30 November 2009 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1259593673' post='48760']
Why not just making a HC tournament just for vet players, where everyone can compete over and over again (perhaps even from all mp levels at the same time)

with no actual reward other than a special gold metal and their names inscribed in gold on the pillar under the statue in the tribunals in the order of most wins

Wouldn't that be something to fight and train for ??
[/quote]

Sounds like a great idea but the same vets would win it over and over. Imagine fighting a brick wall (eg... err.... Good ol' Lifeline) with over 9000 def and you barely do 1 to his creatures, if this competition existed then... well he'd probably never lose.

Why not organize a special HC where only vets can join, awards something like 'diamond heads medal', and will happen only once or twice a year? Or better yet, make it a FFA(Free for all) event, so even the newbies can join the fun.
But I think it would be better if a new type of contest is created other than the HC, so everyone will have something to look forward to again.

@Tipu
Personally, nos 1, 2 and 3 won't hinder you from winning HC. And I think that nobody's expected to win on his first month. Everybody gets older...

(Something tells me that the goal of the new HC improvements are actually more for the old players than the new ones and, based on our reaction, that goal could be/is achieved.)

Edited by Redd

last i heard, Mur is against the ladder ranking format, and it doesnt really fit with the idea of the game that anyone can beat anyone (not that it really happens like that) when there is a no. 1 spot

[quote name='Tipu' date='30 November 2009 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1259550638' post='48738']
[/quote]
Whoah there, H hasn't won at all and the only reason I bothered to participate at all was a medal on my avatar.

There is NOTHING the HC could give me that I couldn't get myself with a little patience (A fact that anyone who looks at my creature/Equipment collection would know)

You don't even need to spend money on MD Shop items to get strong if you know what your doing, I have several items in the Permanent Booster branch that I haven't even touched.

And While chewett2 is an alt (Obviously) I most definetly am not, and as far as I know H is not either.

And yes, Falsh Nubrigar, you would make it interesting :D
But I think I could stand up to you >:D

(PS: I am against this idea >.> the only reason I would want to play HC again is for the Gold Medal, and I can get that anyway :P)

• Root Admin

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='07 December 2009 - 05:36 AM' timestamp='1260164170' post='49353']
And While chewett2 is an alt (Obviously) I most definetly am not, and as far as I know H is not either.
[/quote]

H is most definitely an alt

[quote name='Kyphis the Bard' date='07 December 2009 - 06:09 AM' timestamp='1260166174' post='49357']
And yet we all know chewett2 is Chewett's alt.
[/quote]
actually pip was pointing out chewett2 is my main account :P