Dst

Fenrir Greycloth

Seriously? This you regard as a reasonable topic? Self reflection doesn't ring a bell does it?
Do I have to bring out that lovely wine etiquette again?
Or should I just state why dst is allowed to say whatever she wants to say, just like you are allowed to write topics that are seen as nothing but proof of lack of intricate and complicated intelligent thought processes.

The same reason I am allowed to get annoyed at your annoyances, is the same reasons you are allowed to get annoyed at dst's annoyances.
And she is allowed to write and do whatever she wants, as long as it is within the boundaries of the rules.
Did she break any?

Edited by Metal Bunny

Well... i know nothing of the demotion stuff!
BUT
dst hunting people down ?????????????? What the hell is that ??? Who's hunting who and why ???

Limp for months ??? It's your choice if you let yourself attacked by other people ! It's your choice if you stay in a sanctuary and NEVER be attacked by ANYBODY ! I'm trying to say there is NO HUNTING in md ! if you choose NOT to be attacked you can do so very easily !

And Yeah, a long time ago i did fear dst ONLY because of what other people said ! But when i got in contact with her ! She's actually a decent player ! I have never seen a thread of meanness in her actions ! I don't think I'm that blind, i had my doubts in the begining as well, i even told her that ! But she proved to me otherwise !
So , If she's "mean" to some, that doesn't mean she's EVIL, since she's nice to others!

So if this is a personal confrontation ..... take it out to the Tribunals and finish the story !

Edited by Master

[quote name='Master' date='13 January 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1263408607' post='52666']
Well... i know nothing of the demotion stuff!
BUT
dst hunting people down ?????????????? What the hell is that ??? Who's hunting who and why ???

Limp for months ??? It's your choice if you let yourself attacked by other people ! It's your choice if you stay in a sanctuary and NEVER be attacked by ANYBODY ! I'm trying to say there is NO HUNTING in md ! if you choose NOT to be attacked you can do so very easily !

And Yeah, a long time ago i did fear dst ONLY because of what other people said ! But when i got in contact with her ! She's actually a decent player ! I have never seen a thread of meanness in her actions ! I don't think I'm that blind, i had my doubts in the begining as well, i even told her that ! But she proved to me otherwise !
So , If she's "mean" to some, that doesn't mean she's EVIL, since she's nice to others!

So if this is a personal confrontation ..... take it out to the Tribunals and finish the story !
[/quote]

B, she is not attacking via game mechanics. She is attacking verbally, and harassing people. So, avoiding her when she writes nasty things on PLs, spreads rumours, and reveals personal things is wrong. I have tried to talk to her about it several times, but she gets angry real fast, and asks me who I am to do this? Apparently, because I am not Mur, I cant question the actions of others.

Chewett, you warned me on three seperate actions. I learned from them. In any workplace, it is not a simple three strikes you are out. It is three strikes for doing the same thing over and over, and you are out. I was performing my duties quite fine, up until the last week or so. You even told me that you were considering on making me a Global Mod because I was doing it so well. So what changed? I closed one of your friends topics because he bumped it three times in a row? (Time lapse does not matter. I believe bumps are spam.)

I removed some useless posts on a topic Mur made because I had misread the post he had made.

I was sent pms regarding each incident, and I was never given a chance to change. I do not think this is a good procedure for dismissal.

If you can set up a meeting with Mur, I would very much like to speak with him. I would like to bring up several things with him, because you are obviously not going to change your opinion.

This topic, as far as i can make out, you want either dst to be banned, or to force her to change, or for everyone to hate her for her actions.

No, i dont believe driving players from MD is fair, but i also dont believe that getting someone to change is also not right.

Allowing someone, one person, to force you out of a situation, or in this case game, lets that person win against you.

What I want, and what needs to be done are two different things. I keep those things separate, because one is not always right.

Then Grido, I have to disagree with you on that. Players should not hesitate to play MD because someone IG is harassing them.

Whether or not dst does in fact harass people, I don't know, and don't attempt to make a judgment on. She has never harassed me, but that likely says little about whether she harasses others.

I think it's incredibly safe to say that dst will not change her ways with a forum post by Fenrir, someone whose opinion I am sure she has little to no respect for. If one truly wanted her to change, a more effective medium would be sending her a private message, or engaging in a mature discussion, to which I've never seen her disregard and be unreasonable of. The only thing involving the entire community does is give dst even more motivation to hate people, and feel attacked. Attacked people turn hostile. This is a fact.

So, whether or not dst does harass you, there is only one viable option that you have in response to her behavior: ignore her. If you want to take away all of dst's power over you, do not speak to her, of her, or around her. If you want to increase her level harassment, do the opposite: start a forum board about how you wish her to change.

Fenrir, in my mind by making this forum board you are following the example you suggest dst has laid and causing turmoil and unhappiness in the realm. I think it's time that you take the advice you offered to dst. "Please change your ways." You have good intentions, and that is clear to me and others. I don't consider you a bad person. The reason that no one listens to you is not because you tell the truth, but because you assault others with your opinion. If you truly want dst to change, perhaps setting the tone with a promise to change your ways would do more to avoid conflict, and she would be more willing to take your entreaty as a serious and calm wish for change. At the moment you stand steadfastly assuaging dst as the solitary culprit, while the true issue is both players.

Awi

I dont see anything wrong with dst. Dst is one player i struggle to beat (Out of many of the ancient players), she is a challenge. I do not only need to figure out how to counter her rituals but i need to take into consideration of her muscle power + the fact i might be poking a sleeping lioness;) Dst is a challenge but also a fun chatting partner;)

Oh i almost forgot to add that...there is no need to take offence on being called a coward after one of your arguements with dst. I for instance dont believe ive ever been called a coward by dst, but even if i was called one, i know if i am or not so what ever dst says will not affect me personaly. I may take it into consideration and thus make a reason to prove myself to dst.

Dst ftw >:o

• Root Admin

I was requested to investigate the reasons why fenrir was demoted as forum mod. i will post the conclusion in a separate topic so you can all rant and complain about my decision. On short there was no investigation, there is no need for one when you have a chain of command. read more there please.

I Agree with Fernir dst has used me as prey several times she is so harsh and now she cant beat me as easily.

Yes dst has verbally attacked me saying that was a bad ritual, and now she says i have a decent ritual.

Also dst has VERY MUCH Harrassed me about me sucking and now i dont

So you all may disagree with Fernir but i agree because

DST
-Has Harrssed Me
-Preied Upon my Soul
-And Verbally Abused Me
-Most Importantly DST has help me move ahead learn new techniques and also helped me beccome a better fighter. How? Through her self being, by being the way she is. :P

(I dont know how old this topic is but i was bored and read through any thread i found interesting)

I have to say that a player driving people from MD is not fair but with all due respect if somebody so easily is driven by simple frustration and a couple of insults or falling victim to some player from leaving a safe zone by all means if they choose to leave the game by all means go ahead. I mean I'm not the strongest player I've been victimized insulted repetitively when I was trying to run for king of lore root I've been labeled as a hater of bob chased to the end of the map turned into a ghost ran all the way the other way then end up running back the way I came.

With complete respect I believe I have been victimized the most in the last few months than anybody at all though considering most of it was my doing.
Also by the way you seem to be fighting for a position of a moderator a lot more than simply bad talking Dst. In my personal opinion I would suggest that this topic was actually raised in order to reopen you for to the possibility to become a moderator.

It has however become apparent through multiple posts that there was a valid reason for your removal though there are some posts supporting it. At the very least if I where running the choices I would suspend you from editing posts and begin a investigation.

You said you couldn't care less but you seem to be fighting for it pretty hard.

• 4 weeks later...

What a surprise, dst has abused her powers(once again I might add) to edit out my Whats going on Thing on the front page so that STD would not appear.

And then? She ups my warning level for "insulting a mod".

This kind of behaviour from a Mod shouldn't be allowed...

Be more mature DST. I was trying to make a point, one you failed to comprehend

Edited by Fenrir Greycloth

[quote name='Fenrir Greycloth' date='09 February 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1265753353' post='54188']
What a surprise, dst has abused her powers(once again I might add) to edit out my Whats going on Thing on the front page so that STD would not appear.

And then? She ups my warning level for "insulting a mod" lmfao. Pathetic.
[/quote]
Must be that dst has the powers of prophecy, because within moments of her vision you actually did try to insult a mod. Whatever persuasive power your post could have had, it is definitely gone by your poor choice of words.

Time and time again, I ask myself "why can people not understand to cut their losses?" When you loose a battle, the sane thing to do is withdraw, analyze what went wrong, learn from your mistakes and avoid repeating them. Are there any people who honestly believe this kind of posts work? There are way too many of them and all have failed to do anything but make the instigator unpopular.

I do agree that mods shouldn't use their mod powers because of personal things (insults, arguments, etc.)

Mods are there to make sure people follow the rules, and if it's against the rules for someone to insult a mod, why isn't it against the rules for someone to insult any normal members? And if you suddenly couldn't insult anyone, there would be a lot less opinion on the forums and a lot more accusations.

On the other hand, mods do deserve respect for what they do, unless they do a real bad job of what they do. After all, they don't get paid >>

But in the end, I think that if they can handle keeping the forum on track, they can handle a couple people trying to make fun of them.

Edited by Pipstickz

She wasn't "trying to get Phantom in trouble", because what will anybody do about it? It was more of a personal attack, which anyone has every right to do, under threat of social damage (in other words, sure you can go after and harass whoever you want, up until the point that everybody starts hating you...and reports you for harassment, but that's beside my point)

Actually, on lots of forums, insulting a mod does get you some sort of warning. So yes, she may be doing it because she doesn't like you, but she does have an excuse. At the end of the day, it's up to Chewett, and I sort of doubt he'd do anything about it.

More mods and less work, or satisfy a few people for nothing in return...

The choice seems obvious for him.

• Root Admin

If someone complains about someones post or a mood status i would remove it. Then it if was continually posted i would then issue a warn. This is what happened.

Dst just skipped the middle man and did it herself, not without telling the mods about it, With her evidence of what she did.

So there is nothing wrong there.

And fyi Fenrir if you think that is childish, what about rep spamming dst?, That is definitely childish.

The increased warn level is fair. And i agree with it.

She couldn't have bothered asking me to stop? Nope. She couldn't stoop that low, could she? I was making a point. One she failed to realise. Again, dst shows her complete unwillingness to see her errors. She is always right, even when she is clearly wrong.

You, as dst's friend, agree with it. Not as an unbiased observer.

Players can't provoke Mods, but Mods can provoke players? I call Double Standards.

I thought that the Rep System was supposed to be anonymous? Guess not. Yes, I neg repped her. For every time she abused her powers.