Idle/not Idle

(Zl-eye-f)-nea

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' date='27 July 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1280230582' post='64664']
I am frequently getting a bug where i go idle, but to everyone else I appear as if im live in game with no idle sign. Apparently others are experiencing this also.

Z
[/quote]

I'm getting the same "Idle mode activated" sign frequently for no apparent reason too

[quote name='Sharpwind' date='27 July 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1280249561' post='64672']
I'm getting the same "Idle mode activated" sign frequently for no apparent reason too
[/quote]
Different problem; Zleip clicks "go idle" but still appears to be active, while I believe you get the "multiple interfaces active" window.

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='28 July 2010 - 04:25 AM' timestamp='1280287550' post='64693']
Different problem; Zleip clicks "go idle" but still appears to be active, while I believe you get the "multiple interfaces active" window.
[/quote]

hmm... yeah my mistake, you're right but without me having multiple interfaces actually active
should I post it on a different thread ?

[quote name='pamplemousse' date='03 August 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1280885380' post='65032']
Also, when someone appears to be idle, I check the online list on the log in page and they do not appear to be logged in.
[/quote]
This is intentional, I believe. Notice that it seperates idle people: "Users online right now (x+y idle)"

• 10 months later...

It seems that idle time were reduced drastically from 6h down to 1h. As it was not announced and description was not changed I post it in the bug section.
If it was planned and executed but not announced pls move the topic to general forum section.
(I do not like the change from practical reason - there is too few ppl to train with most of the time anyway. Some ppl used to idle to allow them to collect losses for regular active training - so effectively the change means less targets online - and less availaible for training... of course one can just keep computer on and do a few clicks as manual idle override... but is it really nessesary?)

At least on three different accounts (myself, Lone Wolf, BHF Lightning) going idle resulted in character 'vanishing' pretty quickly - no attacks in logs (even though I know for sure there were training going on and ppl were telling me they could net see me later), yesterday I asked specifically to check when I would vanish after announcing I was going idle. 1h was the answer

EDIT: the change happened a few days ago

Edited by xrieg

There is a bug that crawls in MD from many years: after a certain time of idle-ing you disappear from the list but you're not actually logged out. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to you.

From what I know all changes are announced (even the secret feature - see Tengri) so I doubt Mur wouldn't have let us know if he changed this.

I just confirmed it myself, using an alt idled at MDP, and my work laptop, and home PC (totalyl different IPs/cookies/etc)
Sometime between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours later, the alt went offline.
Interesting...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...