Md Awards 2010 - Suggestions

Grido

Friendship is too individual, we'd want everyone in MD to vote,how would they know how good the friendship between me and cato is?

Mine is just one opinion, if you convince others it can still go in

Heating, i think we went through already, if you mean heat sent to protectors, then it's just a number of whoever sent the most, too clear cut

everyone will vote for their own, naturally

please post multiple suggestions in a single post, otherwise it's being spammy, thanks

[color=purple]posts merged - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

• Root Admin

[quote name='darrydabby' timestamp='1289974739' post='72301']
final vote

Best AVY - might work... very open
Best King - pretty pointless, people vote for their king
Best Knight - knight? and whats the different to Hunter and such?
Best Hunter
Best PL spoiler - whats this?
Best Spammer - spam is not something encouraged
Best Partner - again friendship
Best Trading - you cant measure something like this
[/quote]

people can now check when their accounts were made...

if a certain person got suggested (like I plan to suggest Ravenstrider for that), who is above 100 AD but he was "created" in this year, it can easily be checked with a screenshot.

I said it, but I guess nobody read it, so I'll repeat it, why taking only those that were made from the point of September (random guess) rather than from January, since it is Rookie of the Year, not Rookie of the Second Half Time.

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1289955054' post='72279']
Rookie could get extended to <365 (I think someone else commented this), you do ofc then have the issue of are they still rookies?
If you want one for some intermediary period, then suggest a name for it? I believe it's like this way currently because rookies get rewarded for progressing well at a young age, and veterans for sticking around and still playing for so long, the middle don't come under either of those too...fittingly (imo), so some other..err...description or such would have to be thought
[/quote]
Annoyingly enough the only name I could think of was 'best middle aged person' which is not a good name, albeit moderately funny. I think the rookie issue was raised last year, at least it sounds like something I mentioned before and the argument that 365 makes them no longer rookies seems familiar too... even though they were rookies at some point during the time. "Brightest noon"? Considering rookies are rising and veterans are setting... seems a bit forced though.

[quote]
On suggestions to remove;
Least Convincing Alts
Most Annoying
--both were removed last year btw, but were in first year
[/quote]
I pleaded towards a removal last year because there wouldn't be enough new candidates. I know someone new I'd nominate for least convincing alt and I suppose I know someone who will get their first nomination for most annoying this year, albeit not from me.

Id like to make a trophie, will get to it, its going to be the most annoying first though :D, i hope that its good enough, itl be a digital one

Id also like to nominate *BFHLIGHTHING* for the LHO of the year, because of his kind service to me as a LHO and a friend :))

[color=purple]Posts merged - Grido[/color]

Edited by Grido

[quote name='The Great Pashweetie' timestamp='1290045243' post='72380']
Id also like to nominate *BFHLIGHTHING* for the LHO of the year, because of his kind service to me as a LHO and a friend :))
[/quote]

Nominations have not started yet. Read Grido's post carefully.

Done;
- Changed some names of awards with [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72291"]suggestions by Awii[/url], and also Veteran > Fossil
- Marvolo is now listed as the artist who's drawing the trophies/medals
- Added - Best Artist, Funniest Character awards

Things raised but not settled on;
- [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72224"]Award of best rp couple[/url] - yes/no?
- [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72254"]Requirements[/url] for [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72279"]Rookie[/url] [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72310"]award[/url] (3 links there)
- Award (name) for [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72279"]middle[/url] [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8403-md-awards-2010-suggestions/page__view__findpost__p__72353"]aged[/url] people? (2 links here)
- Did I miss anything?

And any awards people think shouldn't be on the list? We currently have 22 awards

Just some suggestions

-Best Magicduel Contribution
-Most likely player to be stabbed by Marind
-Best Spell Namer of the Year
-Best Mur jokes of the year
-Cleverest player of the year
-Best random fact giving player
-Least player likely to Lose a fight
-Most likely playre to fantasise about Magicduel
-Most likely Player to get into a Bar Fight with a grasan
-Most likely person to win a starring contest with a Drach
-Best No-Body of the year
-Best Me of the year (personal favourite!)
-Best creature carer of the year

Random and funny but some maybe just slightly relevant. Please comment and tell me which you like!

Rex

[quote name='Rex' timestamp='1290104126' post='72471']
Grayhawk gets my vote on this.
[/quote]

there isn't need to vote for this now that there is activity days... veterans players with al least one year...
and I'm speaking about best % of activity days...

Edited by MRAlyon

• Root Admin

[quote name='MRAlyon' timestamp='1290104468' post='72472']
there isn't need to vote for this now that there is activity days... veterans players with al least one year...and I'm speaking about best % of activity days...
[/quote]

there are lots of people with best % so it would need to be best % and highest AD

Anyway this is a specific person, and a pretty pointless award, is it for you?

You might think 100's of awards would be great, but I have to sort stuff out for it, and giving out the awards would then take about a day, no jokes there

Last year we had I think 18 awards, took 1-2 hours to give them all out (~40 page chat log), who would stay around for all 100? because I wouldn't like to. As it is, I'd like the list to shorten to 20 or less if possible

Best artist can we chosen however you want, suggestions would aim at avatars (if you knew who drew them), or items, people who hire themselves for personal paper artwork, I could name people, but then that'd show bias. The public nominate the options for the vote, then the public votes based on the nominations, up to you how you judge it.

Pre-eminent Role Player is the award for the Best Role player, not for the middle aged person

LE: Oh and Awiiya is the third person for vote counting

Edited by Grido

[quote name='Kafuuka' timestamp='1290032740' post='72353']
(...)I think the rookie issue was raised last year, at least it sounds like something I mentioned before and the argument that 365 makes them no longer rookies seems familiar too... even though they were rookies at some point during the time. "Brightest noon"? (...)
[/quote]

Thanks Grido, and I liked the [b]Brightest noon[/b] for the middle aged.

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1290118481' post='72512']
I presume that means that you agree with the idea of that award as well?

Guidelines on it need to be set, is it just anyone over 100 days, and not on the vet list, or something else?
[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"]CORRECTION:[/color]

Maybe a limit of more then 200 days (including 200) and less then 600 (including 600)? I don't know how many days are needed to make an old player, and of course away from the vet list...just my idea.

edits 1 and 2: typos and wring ideas.

Edited by Sephirah Caelum

aaront learn to read, specifically the first post

@Seph, it's just over 700 AD to get on Vets list currently, and someone needs to agree to it or come up with an agreed alternative on the basis for it

I get what your on about grido :) I know its a lot of work! Bu ti was just suggesting that maybe the lesser awards shoud not be awarded a medal or a trophy but maybe like 5 rainbow candy to winners orf the silly categories.

Hope the whole thing goes smoothly and if you need any help just shout :)