Story mode Poll

Nimrodel

Story mode poll  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Root Admin

The idea will work, Whether Mur does it, is a different matter. he Publicly admitted when he asked Junior to create the poll, that if lots of people want a feature, he will most likely implement it.

As for Story mode... Hmm.

The story is long and boring. With initially Mur having to finish of storymode, Then having issues with contacting the artist, Then having issues with the art. Eventually the deadline for chapter three got slowly pushed back and back.

Every now and then, you get a post asking when chapter three will be out, And each time we can refere back the the last time, saying "sometime".

Personally, I feel that the whole storymode need to be revamped so that it follows a correct pattern as Mur wanted it to. Removing some of the "old lore" rubbish, and possibly writing in the "old" adventure log into it. So that the storymode is about the legends. Or learning about what happening right at the start. That would resolve issues with Old lore.

Simiarly i can see why people want chapter 3 done, they want their specific rewards such as locations being opened for their specific path and to finish their story. But, In my view. Storymode is a large "issue" mur is having, which will only really be solved by a massive creative drive to either purge it, or finish it all off nicely.

So, my view is, forget story mode, we are creating history by ourselves, perhaps certain other more important things can be fixed than spending a lot of time fixing a load of "old lore" which has been deemed incorrect by Mur.

• Root Admin

Not to mention how biased the poll is... Really it should be something along the lines of

Do you think story mode should be fixed as soon as possible

Do you not mind either way if story mode is to be implemented as soon as possible

Do you think there are other priorities at the moment.

See, to answer your question, yes i do want to see it complete, or something done with it... But in regards to when? i could think of a hundred other things before this.

However on [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9776-help-change-md/"]this[/url] more accurate poll, Storymode was ranked, and it came it at around a similar value to several other features. And since it was an offical poll, i guess Mur did glean some infomation from it.

• 1 year later...

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I've been MP5 for 2 months... :))[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But since the story restarts from the beginning, I'm stuck where I stopped at MP4 (made the same choices).[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1361073707' post='132774']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Can this please be completed now?[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I really wanna complete my own story, but the "under construction" prevents me to.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

While the idea of completing it is a good one, there are actual difficulties that prevent it from being done.

From my last discussion with Mur there is issues with artwork and also the story that goes with them. Both of which are not finished, and are not in a coherent order.

The only person who can really properly finish it is Mur, which means people will need to properly discuss it with him to see what needs to be done. I am not inclined to bother mur currently for something like this so i shall not be the one who initiates it, so it will need to be someone else who knows enough about the storymode and their specific issues, to take the mantle.

TL;DR: it could be done, but Mur would most likely not like it. He himself was having issues finishing it and i dont think we should "force" an ending that isnt right.

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1361096756' post='132802']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Will the incomplete story mode prevent me from becoming MP6 (if it happens in the far future) or does MP6 have nothing to do with story mode?[/color][/font]
[/quote]

No, incomplete storymode does not stop you advancing or doing anything else.

And if it does, which im prettysure it doesnt, then i would be much more inclined to change that, than rush a "fix" for storymode

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Just noticed that votes increased from 36 to 44 (after I revived the the 2011 topic) for "[/color][/font]Yes. Very much. I am tired of seeing the -under construction- sign."

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So people DO want to see it completed even now :)[/color][/font]

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1361111005' post='132812']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Just noticed that votes increased from 36 to 44 (after I revived the the 2011 topic) for "[/color][/font]Yes. Very much. I am tired of seeing the -under construction- sign."

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So people DO want to see it completed even now :)[/color][/font]
[/quote]

And as i have said, while completing it is a good idea, there are more obstacles than just wanting to do it. Feel free to raise suggestions to my points.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Not priority of course. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But an announcement said that this year something would be his "last intervention in MD"... and if story mode isn't included in that, it'll always remain under construction like this?[/color][/font]

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1361115497' post='132820']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Not priority of course. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]But an announcement said that this year something would be his "last intervention in MD"... and if story mode isn't included in that, it'll always remain under construction like this?[/color][/font]
[/quote]

please dont perpetuate false rumors. That was not murs last action in MD and he is still working with myself and others from the backstage. Read the announcement properly.