Show viscosity on the map

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1310349942' post='87554']
elaborate? what do you actually mean?
[/quote]

Orange light already has meaning on upgraded maps.

Add an indicator of viscosity.

Color mapsites green that have viscosity <= 0. Yellow means viscosity 1-20, red means 21-40 viscosity. Something like that.

There is probably a better color scheme that won't conflict with the orange...

Or you could have a toggle switch between two different views.

Could be a higher level shop purchase.

Do you mean the "Map" which you can see by clicking the left-side of the browser?

If so I do like your idea so that it will be easier for us to know which parts of the map has high viscosity levels.

On second thought, leave clear areas clear, add colored dots only where there is positive viscosity, more dots for more viscosity like with people.

Green would be a good color - like moss or Dr. Suess's oobleck.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

and the dots wouldn't conflict with player dots?

You know there are more than just orange dots on the map currently?

Nice enough idea, not sure it would be workable though(in it's current vision)

Edited by Grido

[color="#8B0000"][font="Palatino Linotype"]Maybe a soft glow on the paths in the map. Something light that doesn't distract from the dots. Might be better to put the glow where the viscosity is positive. Then there may not be as much color on the map. [/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to get into the spirit of Mur's announcement, maybe viscosity should be shown by big black dots, BIG ones, so that the only part of the map we even SEE is the clear part..... sigh. Readjusting to the new reality....

Why not just green line along roads? Thicker for low viscosity, thinner for higher viscosity... and no line in terra incognita of 'unexplored'?
I sssume at some moment viscosity will be readjusted to show this thinner line (it's binary atm)

I would love it if high viscosity would makke the map blurry, when visc is below 0 everything shows normal, but when visc gets higher the map will get vague and when visc hits +40 there will only be one big grey spot left. This would be a lot more complicated to make then just black dots or green lines though. But I would prefer it if at least no color would be added.

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1311289469' post='88527']
[b]I would love it if high viscosity would makke the map blurry[/b], when visc is below 0 everything shows normal, but when visc gets higher the map will get vague and when visc hits +40 there will only be one big grey spot left. This would be a lot more complicated to make then just black dots or green lines though. But I would prefer it if at least no color would be added.
[/quote]

Love this idea :)

No idea if it would be able to be implemented or not, but it is rather fitting.

• 2 years later...

elaborate? what do you actually mean?

What Fyrd means is : show me where to grind my ... "volition" as I am lazy.

This is a coding task requiring some knowledge of javascript or flash if people are interested. Requires investigation also.

It should be as easy as applying the new "technology" of new clickables (areas covered by a location) and then setting the "alfa" for that area depending on the viscosity.

Also, this is a stupid idea because it will only show it in the current map. While you are in MB you will never see what's in LotE or MDA, UG, labyrinth.

So .. from my point of view : nice but pointless.

-----------------------------------------

I guess that this feature has a secret agenda to bring color into MD :)

i have to agree with no one here, it makes checking for high viscous areas for volition too easy. possible it could be made that you could view all the maps from anywhere to make the may a little more useful when showing highly viscous areas in other maps but i feel this isnt really needed and the maps should stay as they are and not show viscous areas

Sy

• Root Admin

i'm against it also. If you want a suggestion in that direction..think of heat veins accumulated viscosity info, thats something interesting, and fits as concept too. Seeing viscosity density on the map does not keep the uniformity of how viscosity should be seen. If md is seen as a "fluid", viscosity values placed on the map will turn it into piles of more or less stones, not a fluid anymore. Heat veins, could be seen as rivers of this fluid, and then viscosity along a heat vein becomes relevant. Its not something used in any way right now but it could be.