Abilities not forgotten with crits upgrade

Udgard

I just noticed today that my rit where a creature used to do damage targeted to weak creatures still does the same thing even though the creature has now been upgraded to a form that no longer has that targeting option. IIRC, back then I would've get the message "creature x does not know target y" or something like that. Since it's nowhere in the announcement, I would guess this was unintentional?

• 1 month later...

When elemental IV was set up in a ritual, its upgrade did not render its abilities forgetting - it is still stealing life strong. Seems like targets are validated (->forgot msg, freezed crit), but abilities are not - and higher lvl crit may still use lower lvl abilities.
(vague to avoid spoilers, hope it's clear enough)

I think this is similar to what I reported a while ago [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10094-old-creature-targeting-still-works-even-after-upgrade/"]here[/url].
A while ago I think I saw a log where a creature did forget it's targeting (can't target xxx) which had lead me to think it had been fixed, so this might have been a problem with specific creatures?

[quote name='Udgard' timestamp='1314329355' post='90756']
I think this is similar to what I reported a while ago [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10094-old-creature-targeting-still-works-even-after-upgrade/"]here[/url].
A while ago I think I saw a log where a creature did forget it's targeting (can't target xxx) which had lead me to think it had been fixed, so this might have been a problem with specific creatures?
[/quote]
yes, indeed. I was searching for abilities and hence I did not find the topic.
the crit in question is elemental IV who could still attack strong targets even after upgrading to elemntal VI.
Udgard's report seems to be related to the same issue: [b]please merge topics[/b]

Edited by xrieg

• 2 months later...

Same thing occurs with Pimps apparently:
One of the following is lvl 2, one is lvl 3; lvl 1 and 2 have multi random targeting, lvl 3 had all targeting:
as can be seen, both the lvl 2 and the lvl 3 are still using multirandom targeting....

[b]Darkfire[/b]'s [i]Pimped Grasan[/i] does [i]weaken[/i] to [i]multirandom[/i]creature(s) of [b]*****[/b] and:
- Weaken defence effect: -220
- maintains weaken on [b]Pimped Grasan[/b]
weaken (round:2 weaken: defence=-220|from 415 to 195; )
and remains with [i]5034[/i] vitality
- maintains weaken on [b]Dark Archer II[/b]
weaken (round:2 weaken: defence=-220|from 79 to -141; )
and remains with [i]4655[/i] vitality
- maintains weaken on [b]Heretic Archer[/b]
weaken (round:2 weaken: defence=-220|from 76 to -144; )
and remains with [i]3630[/i] vitality
[b]Darkfire[/b]'s [i]Pimped Grasan[/i] does [i]haoticdamage[/i] to [i]multirandom[/i]creature(s) of [b]*****[/b] and:
- hits haoticaly and does [i]1[/i] damage to [b]Sear[/b]
and remains with [i]21895[/i] vitality
- hits haoticaly and does [i]673[/i] damage to [b]Dark Archer II[/b]
and remains with [i]3982[/i] vitality

Edited by darkfire

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't think this is affected by targets, so far I only noticed when upgrade changes the ability but not the targeting options.

I should be able to test this soonish with grasan, but I don't think anything will happen. As far as I know grasan will still be able to attack but it will change to target all.

Ary Endleg's Pimped Grasan Huvourer does haoticdamage to multirandom creature(s) of Intrigue and:
    - hits haoticaly and does 147 damage to Unholy Pope
and remains with 1117 vitality
    - hits haoticaly and does 71 damage to Unholy Pope
and remains with 1712 vitality

So yeah... it's a problem.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...