Most Addicted
Chewett

Outstanding Service to MD
Eon

Pre-eminent Role Player
Eon

Prime Quest
Brulant

P.S. I am 119 days old. I am not sure if that fits rookie. I have been here for ages but I was away for a while.

C

Edited by Chengmingz

The way i see MD you are given a choice. A choice you all recognize up to a point but not completly. Exept imagining a character and trying to influence the surroundings you are also able to imagine a completely different society than the one we live in.
It saddens me that you choose to imagine dragons and stuff but not to imagine a new way for society to function.
So gogogo. Host awards based on popularity rather than true value of a person, choose elections to lead your society, choose popularity to create classes (You know, class wars exist even in MD).
Its sad to see your imagination can only go as far as a character.
Or I guess you are all happy with the society you live in so you choose to copy that in MD.
I know its totally offtopic but i dont care that much.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1322972973' post='97177']
You may only nominate one person per category, where you feel appropriate please justify your candidate.
[/quote]

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1323129059' post='97306']
I'd like to nominate Esmaralda, Duxie, and Passant the Weak for Adventuring awards.
Also, Mya for Helper award.
[/quote]

I believe you are only allowed to nominate one person each catagory

I will say, that instead of nominating, I will suggest people be looked into for nomination. Because I do not agree with one of the rules set up for this year's MD Awards.

The one fossil that has been overlooked for years, and I mean YEARS is Firsanthalas. He's older than dirt and performed as well as he was able as a king.

He's been in game since I was mp3, and he was mp5 then...and he's mp5 now.

For the suggestion of Rookie of the Year: I will say JadenDew. She has grown tall from the tiny sprout she was when Amoran first met her in game. I have high hopes for her, too.

Of the protectors we have currently, for the position of golden protector.. I would suggest any of the current protectors we have, aside from those who only went protector temporarily.

For the category of evil villain, I will suggest Eon, of course.. however there are others too, hidden in the crowd. I wonder if you can find them?

*Note: This post will be edited as my suggestions increase.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

Adventuring Award: Brulant (he's very involved both in quests and testing stuffs)

Best Beautification: Shape Shifter (for the artworks)

Best Spell Caster: Azull (just envious for his 'lockinchaos' ^ ^)

Champion Fighter: Eon

Elite Evil Villain of the Year: Tipu (because he never forgets self-irony)

Fossil of the year: Chewett

The Golden Protector: Amoran K Kol (she was a protector when I discovered MD, 6 months ago, and she is still now)

Helper of the Year: Shemhazaj!!!

Most Addicted: Eon

Outstanding Service to MD: BFH Lightning

Pre-eminent Role Player: Zleiphneir

Prime Quest: Phantom Orchid (mostly for dream quest act 1)

Rookie of the year: Maebius!!!

Top Techie: Fyrd Argentus (his puzzles are all around the realms)

Edited by lashtal

I've noticed Grido that you accepted certain nominations from the same land in your main post, if you changed the rules along the way, let me know so I make a slightly edit in this list, and add some categories:

Fossil of the year - Marvolo
Golden protector - Shemhazaj
Rookie of the year - Passant the Weak
Pre-eminent Role Player - Ravenstrider

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

@Princ[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1323071074' post='97262']Also, if I've missed someone nominating someone of the same land, please point it out to me so that I may look into it and possibly correct said mistake.[/quote]
----
[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1323084485' post='97269']Pre-eminent Role Player - Tough call... Innocense, or if she refuses, Z (goatboy!)[/quote]I have heard nothing from Inno this year about the awards, I just know they gave me back the award that they won last year.
---
[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1323129059' post='97306']I'd like to nominate Esmaralda, Duxie, and Passant the Weak for Adventuring awards.[/quote]Please pick one.
---

I have removed those nominations I noted to be of the same land, there was only one removal of a player entirely (others had others nominating anyway). The removed nomination was nadrolski in the category Champion Fighter, this will be a valid nomination if anyone outside of Marind Bell nominates him.

The following categories currently have more than 5 nominations, if there are still more than 5 at the end of the nomination period (9th Dec) then the co-ordinators will discuss who to remove - this will be chosen from those with the lowest amount of nominations received. The lists that need to be reduced are highlighted in red on the initial post as well, for clarity.
*Best Beautification
*Fossil of the Year
*Helper of the Year
*Pre-eminent Role Player

I still need ages and account creation dates of those nominated for Rookie of the Year.

All posts above this one have had their valid nominations added.

Note: I hold no objection to people suggesting players for consideration that they are unable to nominate themselves. Please make it clear that they are suggestions though, and not trying to nominate them yourself.

Added above post

Maebius started on 23rd December 2010, this is after the previous awards had already ended. Is there any objection to allowing this, and altering the description of the award accordingly?

I support that entirely, Grido.
I'll avoid praising Maebius so I don't seem like I'm piling up subjective lines due to him and I being friends and of same alliance, but I'll make a point about the Rookie award - it was always a troublesome one with controversial rules (making a limit on AD in the previous contests which didn't cover the whole year), and now finally, the "no man's land" of AD (between end of the year and Christmas awards) is being covered as well.

Best Spell Caster - Amoran K Kol
Fossil of the year - Marvolo
The Golden Protector - Amoran K Kol
Helper of the Year - *Shemhazaj*
Pre-eminent Role Player - *Zleiphneir*
Rookie of the year - Passant the Weak
Top Techie - Chewett

Best luck to all

There is now approx 36h till nominations close (give or take a little bit).

All above this post have been added.

I need account creation dates and age of Passant the Weak, and Falronn.

The following awards have too many candidates;
*Best Beautification
*Fossil of the Year
*Helper of the Year
*Pre-eminent Role Player

To remind you - if there are too many candidates for an award, the co-ordinators will reduce this number. To help reduce it yourself, suggest a player to be removed from a category.

There are categories with spaces still in them, please suggest suitable candidates.

It was decided last year (or at least this is what I remember) that the players that are no longer active will not be nominated. Ravenstrider, Blackthorn are 2 players that should (and probably will) be removed from the nominations.

After it was noted to me Guillak's land affiliation, I have removed Princess Katt's nomination of him for Role-Player award, as they belong to the same land.

I removed others as well, but this is the only one that resulted in a name being removed from a list.