Resigning from BHC position

Eon

lets not get deviated from the topic here EON is resigning it has nothing to do with the council. What will we do IF Eon actually resigns? How will if any will the BHC be run? Thats my concern, imo if it aint broke dont fix it and Eon and his BHC isnt broken. Its due to the lack of players that the most recent BHC sucked but again how is he suppose to keep the other players motivated to win? thats not his job, his job is to provide a well rounded platform for people to attempt and prove themselves, which he is doing.

This may not be true for all of us, but for many of us (as well as Eon, as he's made clear): Mur will always have the highest position in MagicDuel. No Council's words will be as valuable to us as words from Mur. He made MagicDuel, and he lead it well for many years. It saddens me that he is gone and that others must take power, as he is quite irreplaceable.

I mostly agree with Eon, on this.

Mimsy

Edited by De Mimsy Porpington

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1339774085' post='114915']
I almost guarentee, that if the next BHC does not involve Eon, there will be MANY more players participating. I would certainly play.
[/quote]Next BHC might not have Eon as the organizer, but I'm sure he'll still participate... and i doubt there'll be any change in participation.

[quote name='Juni0r' timestamp='1339767932' post='114905']
Its due to the lack of players that the most recent BHC sucked but again how is he suppose to keep the other players motivated to win? thats not his job, his job is to provide a well rounded platform for people to attempt and prove themselves, which he is doing.
[/quote]

I don't know about other people's opinions here, but I thought the role of an organiser was all aspects of it? Including making the event enjoyable for the participants? Keeping them motivated etc?

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1339784070' post='114940']
I don't know about other people's opinions here, but I thought the role of an organiser was all aspects of it? Including making the event enjoyable for the participants? Keeping them motivated etc?
[/quote]

Of course you'd eat at my words, but what i meant is how is he to get inside their head and make them think yeah i really want to win and get stronger. He keeps them motivated by placing and up holding his rules. He teles or removes those people who attempt to break the rules or succeed in doing so. like Eon mentioned its a contest to promote the strongest players beyond that of stats with the use of teamwork and spells. if they choose not actually work simply because Eon is allowed to take part in this competition then that falls on them. IMO the idea of the BHC is make it a challenge unlike the HC where once you win you cant compete, this is what i liked about the BHC its a chance to show you didnt just win because you bought your way into first or had your friends help. So yeah i think am just ranting now.

I wasn't commenting about Eon also competing, that's a whole other thing - each side of that argument seem to be arguing completely different things, but meh.

I mean, is there no way to increase motivation? Someone said if it was cheaper they'd participate - is having gold/silver available a requirement of being a good/strategic fighter?

What he did (and what you describe he did) was make and maintain the rules, and I think he did a fairly good job. Could've been clearer in the rules (based on the replies to the start thread), but the rules were there and he kept to them, as well as making sure everyone else did as well.

But I didn't see him do anything to motivate or encourage participation or activity (not that I was in it) - granted I have no idea what tools he might have to do that, but I figure there might be something, or someway to do such with what he has?

People seem to have covered the email/first post itself though, so I don't think I will further :)

4*15sc = 60sc
6*10sc = 60sc
10*6sc = 60sc
15*4sc = 60sc

It's about finding the balance. If you charge 'too much' not many will compete. If you charge 'too little'/nothing you won't get as much.

You can charge less and still make the same, because it's then open to players who can't afford a higher price.

None of the gold or silver goes to the winner as far as I'm aware. If I remember correctly some things went to the postman, but i'm not sure about it all. Some silver supposedly goes into the winners land treasury.

I charged 1 gold coin or 15 silver coins during the BHC so only those serious to compete would join. If i set it it too low then people would get a bunch of others to sign up and just hide in some far off spot and roleplay all their heads to the single person. How do I know I that would happen? Common sense and I've had others tell me they wanted to do that.

If someone wanted to try that then they'll have to pay up. I feel it worked out for the most part.

One gold coin for someone who is serious about competing really isn't that much though.

How do you really motivate people into joining something they most likely consider boring and think they'd have no chance in? Great prizes and constant promotion in the trigger box/ mood panel couldn't get a larger crowd. I doubt too much else would, unless you'd like to pay people to sign up.

Edited by Eon

Proper attendance -vs- price equation..... marketing 101

The total price is not just coins, so at for low coinage, the attendance is independant of coinage, and raising the price won't matter.

As the price goes up, it will become significant and attendance will start to trend down more and more rapidly, until it takes a nose dive at the point where nobody has the coinage to join no matter what the draw.

Multiply attendance curve times fee charged (straight line trending up) and you'll see profits peak when the coinage is just high enough to start making attendance drop noticably, but not too deep into that zone.

I don't have actual numbers of course.

So you want to change the BHC to limitless-participations HC ? Maybe another version of HC should be proposed in the development focus instead of messing with BHC.

Also Fyrd, i think Eons point is to avoid making to low, since then ppl will be able to pay others fee in order to get help, as mentioned in the previous post.

• Root Admin

I am deeply sorry I had to see Eon resign from a role I considered was perfectly fit for him and somehow I feel responsible for the situation.

I am also sorry that after such a long time, the council decisions are not respected as they should be. I would like to tell my view on this matter, please try learn from it something... try to be honest with yourselves while doing so.

The way I see it, both sides (Eon & Council) are right, and wrong, at the same time.

Eon invested a lot of passion in his role, and I believe he had no intention to cheat or abuse BHC in his favor. However, seen globally, the situation was not too good and demanded some sort of intervention, so Council did so.

Eon, your fault is that you should have anticipated this and avoid it...instead you just went along with it, thinking probably nothing can happen.

I gave Council the authority to override my decisions because I know they will do so only when its truly needed and on matters that I am not actively involved in. Because I am away from MD due to personal reasons (unrelated to md), the Council needs to step in on everything, and that includes to override things I set, if the situation demands it.

I try to think what i would have done if i were 'active' ... I think i would have probably told Eon "hey, whats going on, things don't seem right, we need to talk about it". Council can't afford a dialogue so to speak...but as I said Eon himself should have avoided such a situation in the first place.

I still believe Eon is the most suitable person for this role, but since he decided differently, what can i do..

Eon, your ego is as big as your stats..thats not so good.

It would be nice to halt the bhc event till an other warrior will cause enough 'trouble' and will be powerfull enugh to deserve this role ...

I will write in the next days something about council vs me situation, it is something i need t do, and this incident forces me in a way to xplain certain things.

Well im really agree with the ego of he she it :D

Ahem

let's see the BHC really can be much more nicer, with the opinion of the players I heard about great minds on MD like *Burns* with the fight club and i guess he was help with that, if you can do this take away the whole stats of every single participant in BHC what things you can do, null armor, keep all in just one land and much more I’m sure

So by this ways the BHC can be clearly more fun Eon need to work more on his/her/its ideas, I know, we have RL and need to attend it, if you are busy, but some players can help you.

I’m not really agreed with this:
Eon don't have advantage lol that just not true, no advantage with loyalty points on the east the most hard land to walk, a enormous number of stats, guild protection extreme number of teas, that isn´t advantage please someone tell me what is that, as many view all players had more fun on stat less

To stav I was on alliance with Lone and light also ignnus saw I can had the heads enough time to place 2-3 but as he/she/it, say not much aim for first place.

It’s really true that skill damage is a really strange stat but anyone want it, the players that not train much maybe they don’t care, but hard trainers really don’t want to be in the first place when they get the stat you will see no one will like to train with you.

As some players said hey we need to accelerate this lets give the whole heads to eon right ;)

advantages that ya mentioned loyalty, tea, ally, stats, i dont see anythin wrong with him havin those advantages, those advantages are as fair as one person havin fully tokened premium/wind drachs while other person having dark archer lvl 4 as his best creat

each of those advanatages can be earned and aint exclusive to anyone, but are rather obtainable by everyone

Why in the next BHC i do not exclude the last champion only for one BHC..... it will give the chance to have another winner .
Example:
-If i won the BHC(so Hard) , the next i will be out , giving the chance to us have another champion, the next champion will have one BHC "rest" after won the BHC , after we have another winner , i will alloyed to play again BHC... this will make BHC .....

-I won
-I Rest , waiting another winner
-After selected another winner , i will be alloyed to play BHC again..
-Another Player will rest, waiting more one winner....

Rest will be aplicable only for the "Actual Champion"......

[quote name='baiano' timestamp='1340186790' post='115496']
Why in the next BHC i do not exclude the last champion only for one BHC..... it will give the chance to have another winner .
Example:
-If i won the BHC(so Hard) , the next i will be out , giving the chance to us have another champion, the next champion will have one BHC "rest" after won the BHC , after we have another winner , i will alloyed to play again BHC... this will make BHC .....

-I won
-I Rest , waiting another winner
-After selected another winner , i will be alloyed to play BHC again..
-Another Player will rest, waiting more one winner....

Rest will be aplicable only for the "Actual Champion"......
[/quote]

the should be able to compete for gold and no point if there aren't any participations. There must ne a way to faily involve mp3/4 to the fight :P

some have more stats than me >>

in baianos suggestion there is one problem :D current champ cant defend the title, still i think it would be oke to have same champ again, but maybe instead of that rest period he doesnt get reward again, only gets to keep the title if he wins and well... prevents others to claim first place reward :D

[size=5][font=Arial, sans-serif]Well rest it’s ok, it’s a fair way to others to try the BHC and those that get 3 BHC won, will be the champions between they can discuss who is the best :P[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Fair way to Mp3 now with the upgrading rules (I’m agree with those) will be a problem at least one contest with just lv 1-2 creatures [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]But BHC about stats it will be a good idea to implement no stats for BHC also different ways to stop abilities like, Burning (heat) BHC edition no freeze its (summer: D), BHC Lonely edition just 1 creature of each kind, BHC Plain edition so no colored creature, maybe no tokens too BHC Rainbow edition just colored creatures, BHC All the Same edition all with permanent Mirror, etc :D [/font][/size]

Edited by Manda