Analysis of Council Approval Poll

awiiya

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I would like to thank you, Awiiya, for the time you took to do this for us.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I believe there is no need of personal commenting, the majority of the votes shows what most believe even if it was anonymous.[/font]

• Root Admin

[quote name='Ackshan Bemunah' timestamp='1357461439' post='129837']
I get the feeling that people created alts simply because we discussed the possibility.

Pret-ty fun-ny.
[/quote]

What fun lives these people must lead.

As an interesting point for most polls of importance people have felt its fine to vote as "alts" Mur and I were looking to have a unified MagicDuel account that worked for the forum as well as the game but there were some issues that needed to be resolved before doing it.

As an interesting point for most polls of importance people have felt its fine to vote as "alts" Mur and I were looking to have a unified MagicDuel account that worked for the forum as well as the game but there were some issues that needed to be resolved before doing it.

• Root Admin

These numbers came in very handy in the current situation me and council debate at this point.

please explain me..what means "trust the council" ? trust they can do/solve things, trust as in confidence, trust in abilities?

You can not trust a faceless figure unless you trust its actions blindly, you wouldn't trust me if i didn't had a name .. the trust concept in this poll is a bit confusing and i would like to understand those numbers better

• Root Admin

but isn't the decision to be judged and not the judge itself?
i know what you mean because i lived it on my own skin so to speak, people accept what i decide even against them because they respect ME, and that respect/reputation is afterall what you struggle for in md

if any council member reads this, consider this thought

Personally, when asked the question I am answering by referring to council's decisions the whole time we have a council. IIRC we had a council rotation a while ago (not sure if there were more than once, and if all members were rotated or just a part of them), so my answer is probably not the best one to reflect my thoughts on the current council, but more of the track record of the council in general (it's hard to specifically point your thoughts on people you don't know). I wonder how many are in the same position as me.

I thought this was already understood but it seems it isn't.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1357701760' post='129940']
please explain me..what means "trust the council" ? trust they can do/solve things, trust as in confidence, trust in abilities?
[/quote]
Unless explained before what each poll means, the generality of the poll invalidates itself on a different level of details.

The pools were:
- I approve of the Council
- I trust the Council's decisions
- I think the Council promotes the growth and health of Magic Duel

That mean that there might be a chance for one
- to aprove the council but not to trust it or to think they are doing NOK (promotes the growth and health of MD)
- to disaprove the council but trusts the council of think they are doing OK

I don't see how that can be unless some specific cases or mental issues and neither were under questioning.

The only result is seen only if you take this poll as a single question and you with the average for each Strongly agree/ agree / Neutral / Disgree / Strongly disagree.
And in this case we see that the council is quite neutral.

Any interpretation based on particular cases of what "might" mean will lead to wrong conclusions.

[b][color=#0000ff]“The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.”[/color]
-- Ernest Hemingway[/b]