365 Ideas

Burns

Even if your ideas are not fully matured yet, just post a little note about it, maybe somebody else can pick up on it.

Mur talked about growing veggies or plants and such, Rumi will be dealing the details of that, so that's one idea.

I consider to revive the Fight Club and make a (bi)monthly tournament similar to the [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/tags/forums/Sparring+Ground+Championships/"]SGC[/url] that some might remember, targeting solely accounts under 1 active year because otherwise it'll end just like the SGC, with mostly Shadow and Clock competing against each other and the rest of the people losing the thrill.

As Mur said we're going high speed, so just spill out what you got, and if you see potential in a thing somebody else said, contact them if you want to improve the idea, or just vote their posts up or down to anonymously tell them if it's any good.

Hooray for crazy mode!

I was already preparing a clickie with a simple concept: [b]Bingo Hour[/b]

A event that would happen every day and the winner would get a "small" reward something like a SpellStone.

(actually i'm gathering some of those to put the quest/activitie up.)

edit: Prize could also be something new like: a free teleport to any MD location

~dark

Edited by DarkRaptor

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Just like there are empty aramors in GG, there can be "monsters", i.e. players who do not interact, all over No Man's Land.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]They should be set with easy rituals for newbies to attack and train on. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Oh, and they would reset everyday :)[/color][/font]

Could it be possible without raising too much spoilers to have a "[b]Scene of The Day[/b]"?

I think it could be very interesting to all newcomers to know and actually see how vast is MD, one scene per day.

The scene could be displayed with a short description and it would be also nice if some older player(s) could be around to answer any extra questions about it. ( avoiding all sorts of spoilers beyond the scene itself ofc)

~dark

Idea of a permanent implemented "Quest" or Contest dealing with the idea of how the people see the lands of MD in relationship to music (style or genre) and how a musical "picture" of each land is slowly shaping over time. Each turn should be about 2 months (with a pause of 1 months in between) ongoing because of the variety of decisions, taste and research which every participant will need to succeed.

The bigger idea is that you need to explore everything of MD which you have access too. For each turn of 2 months you will have to go to one announced land and find the most fitting "song" (from your point of taste) for every scene in this land - always in mind in which land you´re. Important is to get the mood of the scene, which includes for example the possible history (could be your personal history too) the scene has.

Aim of this quest?

Get into touch with all lands and scene of MD mixed with "the" or "your" history of each land/scene and give the whole realm a musical picture formed by the inhabitants them selfs.

What do we need?

A room where the favorite (most voted) songs for each scene are visible like a musical library.

I would like to do this - working with others together. Please contact me through forum PM if you have interest to work on this.
All constructive ideas which form this quest into a much better experience as it is now are most welcome ;).

So far I have no idea if this quest need any winning prize (I consider this a win/win situation because we create something together) but if a prize or winner is needed we need to find how to judge this contest.

Edited by Menhir

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1357811580' post='130098']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Just like there are empty aramors in GG, there can be "monsters", i.e. players who do not interact, all over No Man's Land.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]They should be set with easy rituals for newbies to attack and train on. [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Oh, and they would reset everyday :)[/color][/font]
[/quote]

The idea is to not have too many NPC's that players depend on them, they should be fighting real players.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Ah, okay Chew :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And another suggestion... Log-in bonus everyday! (not the minute amount of stats...)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This would be for logging in on days [b]in a row[/b].[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Log in for 7 days in a row and get something, maybe [/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]random crit with a little heat and age[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]. Log in for 2 weeks in a row and get a silver coin perhaps. 3 weeks would give a spell stone, etc. :) [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And so forth...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]If you do not log in one day, the counting gets reset and you start again from 0 days in a row.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1357816038' post='130104']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Ah, okay Chew :)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And another suggestion... Log-in bonus everyday! (not the minute amount of stats...)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]This would be for logging in on days [b]in a row[/b].[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Log in for 7 days in a row and get something, maybe [/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]random crit with a little heat and age[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]. Log in for 2 weeks in a row and get a silver coin perhaps. 3 weeks would give a spell stone, etc. :) [/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]And so forth...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]If you do not log in one day, the counting gets reset and you start again from 0 days in a row.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

My opinion on this:

I was always against features which supported "player" with more free time than others, in all MMORPGs I ´ve ever played. The more you play the better you`re automatically over time - you don´t need an additional extra bonus for being here. I was here 99% of the last year but I would not like it to get gifts for that. Xmas Gifts are similar but once a year, that´s enough.

Edited by Menhir

[b][color=#ff8c00]MD ARENA [/color][/b]

[color=#ff8c00]Mp4 = need location[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]Mp5 = need location[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]Mp6 = need location[/color]

[color=#ff8c00][b]Entrance Fee[/b]: [b]1 silver coin to MD treasury[/b][/color]

[color=#ff8c00][b]Battle:[/b] [b]Price:[/b][/color]

[color=#ff8c00]50 wins Item[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]100 wins Spell stone[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]150 wins Creature[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]200 wins 5 silver coins[/color]

A number of ideas:

A scavenger hunt, several items hidden all over MD, each item gives a certain reward, and the player who collects most items gets a bonus. -I will leave it up to someone else to work out the details, if they're interested.

General scene/creature makeover contests. While for some the theme could be announced long before for others it might be announced only 2 days before the deadline, or perhaps if you hold several over one day you could hold contests during only one hour. -Feel free to pick this up, though I wouldn't mind working it out myself either.

Recipe making contests, get people to write a cauldron recipe for a certain item and the best will get his recipe implemented. Alternatively, get people to cook/make something in RL and describe how they did it, accompanied with some pictures, as a reward the best results will get the means to make their creations in game. -Going to work this out some more myself, though any comments are welcome.

Quest: Explore MD

Every player that wants to participate will get a deadline(i was thinking of a week or 2) in which he needs to visit certain locations all around MD and make printscreen`s that includes the scene and the time of visit.

I was thinking the scenes they should visit should include the capitols of the lands, some unusual places as well as certain "special scenes" to make the quest more interesting (this is something like a feature of the quest i thought of and would like to hear some opinions on it)

The unusual places could include Oak fort in Loreroot, Gazebo of Chaos in underground, the various gazebo in MD Archives, windmill in GG, Champions Dome in Marind Bell, as for the land of the east we could use the temple, the tea market, knaty`s vacations house, etc(feel free to debate the places, these are just examples i thought of quickly so you can get the idea).

Now the "special places" are somewhat of a feature i thought of to make this quest more interesting and harder to complete.
I was thinking of using 2-3 places which ap requirement to enter would be to much for one player alone(around 400 maybe?).

As an example i would like to use Oak tower in Loreroot.

The required Ap to enter Oak tower AND the required ap to climb the stairs should be to much for one person alone.
The point of the high ap requirement, besides making the quest harder to complete, is to promote teamwork, community and a deeper understanding of the fighting system and/or the tools.

By using combo training strategy, it should be possible for 3-4 younger player(2-3 older ones) working together to achieve the ap required to enter the tower and after that climb those stairs together.
Even without combo training strategy, it is possible for solo players to climb the tower by using pieces of cake(quite the amount of cake required but yes, it should be possible to get those ap).

I was thinking of using 2-3 such places all around md so it wont be unfair to those that don't have land loyalty for that land.

Well, this is my idea, fell free to debate.

Edited by stavaroiu

[quote name='samon' timestamp='1357824502' post='130116']

Alternatively, get people to cook/make something in RL and describe how they did it, accompanied with some pictures, as a reward the best results will get the means to make their creations in game. -Going to work this out some more myself, though any comments are welcome.
[/quote]

I would love to participate in this, great ongoing idea!

The adventure log

Here's why:
1. It was updated, when done well, once or multiple times a day.
2. It highlights certain players, and makes the idea that players can change the realm real for new players who are skeptical
3. If someone takes turns writing or creating it, it could become a very successful way to improve activity.

A lot of us old vets have this idea of the Adventure Log as something that introduces or expands on the central philosophy of MD - or it should reveal some part of Mur's master puzzle that we call this game.

Honestly, I don't know that it has to be that. In the right hands, it could reveal not Mur's master idea (or cryptic clues towards it), but ours. The game is not Mur anymore. I think it's time to revive the Adventure Log - but this time without the burden of living up to Mur's intricate clues and mysteries.

As for WHO or with what mechanics... I'm not sure.

Maybe a new interface, like the mood panel, but designed less for momentary thoughts and more for grand plots and ideas.

Think big. Now is the time to.

As for my own ideas to help:
1. I could offer a rooting day festivity as always.
2. I have the watering can which always is set for fun (if you've never used it, ask me sometime)
3. There's the oldest game, or a version of fortune telling which I'm rather fond of.
4. I have Wiiya and Bubbles so I could start up my quests again.

Awi

Edited by awiiya

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1357842014' post='130133']
the majority of these ideas people can do now... so whats stopping you?
[/quote]

ouu but chewy, you know how many/some of us are, we dont wanna do this things we wanna get others do them instead while we just sit back and enjoy them (or criticise how they didnt turned the way we wanted them to be)

[font=georgia,serif][size=5][color=#4B0082]I've received a few dates so far. Nothing taken until Feb 22 so if you've got something you want to do right away say the word![/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Menhir' timestamp='1357817781' post='130106']
My opinion on this:

I was always against features which supported "player" with more free time than others, in all MMORPGs I ´ve ever played. The more you play the better you`re automatically over time - you don´t need an additional extra bonus for being here. I was here 99% of the last year but I would not like it to get gifts for that. Xmas Gifts are similar but once a year, that´s enough.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Xmas gifts have nothing to do with logging in [b]in a row [/b] :P[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I'd say it's a small challenge to log in for many days in a row (for many), so it's not like the rewards are given out for free.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

• Root Admin

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1357890588' post='130189']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Xmas gifts have nothing to do with logging in [b]in a row [/b] :P[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I'd say it's a small challenge to log in for many days in a row (for many), so it's not like the rewards are given out for free.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Im not entirely sure how you can this with this such certainty when no one has any clue of what it actually is based it. It could be based on that...