365 Ideas

Burns

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1357892870' post='130195']
Im not entirely sure how you can this with this such certainty when no one has any clue of what it actually is based it. It could be based on that...
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Apologies. Thanks for pointing that out :)[/color][/font]

[quote name='Dragual' timestamp='1357906352' post='130224']
I've mentioned a War feature which was, not entirely shunned by the community. Actually, I think it was well accepted.
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I wonder why my post was shunned :blink:[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] (the one below)[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I suggested to replace it with HC, if possible....[/color][/font]

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1354877033' post='127772']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#008000]Wars/Tournaments.[/color][/font]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Everything would be based on a new thing called "Land Influence" or LI. [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Keep wars (tournaments) of 6 lands (namely Marinds Bell, Loreroot, Golemus Golemicarum, Necrovion, MDA, and East) every 3 months a year, kinda like the heads contest but on a massive scale. A land would get LI for winning these wars. 3 of the strongest fighters from a land would participate. Winning a battle against an opponent would not only increase LI of the respective land but also increase land loyalty (i.e. landscore which reduced AP cost when travelling through a land) by 25 or something like that (can be decided on later). [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]LI would determine the strength of a land. At the end of the tournament, a win/loss ratio would be used for this. Total LI throughout the realm would be 100%. The land that wins the tournament would have the highest share of that, lets assume it turns out to be 40%. This would mean that the rest of the lands together would have 60% LI, but obviously less each individually. (for example: Necrovion has 40% in this case. Loreroot would have, say 13%, GG would have 9%, MDA might have 13%, East might have 17% and MB might have 8%. All make up 100% together)[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]The land with the highest LI in the realm would gain a certain stat bonus for all its members. Second would get half of that, and so forth.[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I dunno, just something to encourage activity, teamwork and most of all, competition. Also, I've heard some people say that these days the purpose of lands and alliances has completely degraded and they are nothing more than methods to make walking through the land easier. I want to change that, and I believe this will do that trick.[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]What will this do?[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1) It will create that "spirit" of teamwork. You'll see people of the same land in groups, learning and training hard together to win the next tournament.[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]2) Competition between lands. The "bragging rights" if you know what I mean ;)[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]3) Something to attract new players.[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]4) Competition not only on the global level, but within lands too (to become one of the 3 fighters chosen)[/font][/color]
[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]5).......[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I'll even state the flaws of this myself if people want to discuss them:[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]1) If a land is too strong, such that there is no competition against it, what then?[/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]2) Would this actually increase a person's loyalty towards his/her land, or decrease it by causing them to switch sides? [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]3) Such a large update of introducing LI and also organizing such tournaments will take along time to code and be implemented. Why do this when there are still bugs and other problems? (My answer to this would be that it will attract lots of players and increase activity. And I believe that more players and more fun is more important than some bugs which can be tolerated meanwhile.) [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]EDIT: [/font][/color]

[color=#008000][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I thought about the battle system... as far as I think, there would be 3 fighters from each land and 6 lands in total. 2 lands would face each other at a time (obviously) and that would be one round, which means that 3 rounds would take place simultaneously. It would be best if one of the 3 fighters from each land are MP4. Lands have a choice to send whichever player they like (out of the 3 chosen at the start) to fight their opponents. A win would score a point, but no negative points for losing. One by one, all lands would face each other (this will take 4 days if there are 3 rounds per day simultaneously like explained above). To give fighters time to regenerate vitality/talk, the fights in a round can be kept at different times of the day. After the 4 days of contesting, LI will be changed respectively according to who won the wars. This would also mean that it wouldn't matter how badly you got beaten. In a war, the side which wins 2/3 fights would be the winner. If two or more lands win equal number of wars, then yes, the "how badly you lost" part can come into play. [/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]After reading over, I think 4 lands would work, not 6...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]...and twice a year would be best :P[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[color=#4b0082][size=5][font=georgia,serif]I've gotten some dates from samon, Lazarus, Rumi and phantasm. [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=5][font=georgia,serif][b]Halloween is taken[/b]. Maybe a Friday the 13th or an alternative creepy date may work for those of you who still wish to have your event on that day. Those who have spoken to me already are solidly there.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#800080][size=5][font=georgia,serif]Edit: I've been asked about Halloween being taken. There are at least 3 events listed for that day already, which is why I said Halloween is taken. I wasn't trying to be mean about it. Just trying to get things spread out a bit.[/font][/size][/color]

Edited by Mya Celestia

Another idea: A reoccurring journey through the east. Pretty much [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/12885-expedition-through-the-east/#entry120553"]the way Ackshan organised it[/url]. The east is the hardest land to travel through, but holds lots of interesting secrets. It could be used as a nice way to fill up for example two Days of Tranquillity, holding one journey in the summer and one in the winter.

[color=#4b0082][size=5][font=georgia,serif]I believe I have all dates listed in the calendar that were given to me along with some sort of title. If I've missed something or you'd like something I've listed for you changed, please don't hesitate to message me. :)[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#4b0082][size=5][font=georgia,serif]@samon: I have your dates in my calendar[/font][/size][/color]

-It would be cool if we celebrated important events that have happened in game, such as opening the angiens shrine, the day lands of the east was opened, AL happeneings, ect., by going there and having a ceremony/party kind of thing.
Happens: anniversary of the event.

-real life sand castle building competitions :)
Happens: N.hemishpere summer one year, S.hemisphere the next year

-masquerade, where all names are hidden, music plays, and we have some events.
from [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11506-illusion-masquerade/page__fromsearch__1"]this[/url]
Happens: a random day.

-Some land-specific events might be possible as well, each land could hold an event that means a lot to their citizens. I think the land leaders would want to come up with those on their own.
Happens: probably random days.

The return of Torch Competition, but with some modifications.

-Perhaps torches could be coded so that viscosity is not a problem.
-Torches should only give access to land gates, not restricted places.
-Only main lands can participate.
-Better rewards. For this land treasuries should be implemented.
Everyone likes rewards :). Land leaders, kings/queens could then reward top scorers and/or defenders.
-Other changes I haven't thought of yet.

This is just an idea that came up in an interesting discussion with MRAlyon and Lazarus about war in MD.
It obviously needs some work.

Edited by Azull

Well UG would fight for necro of course ;)... (just kidding).......(or am I? :ph34r: )

It's just a suggestion. When TC was still going there were problems with not being able to fight against torch bearers with different mp levels. You mentioned this yourself once if I remember correctly. And now there is Established Housing to consider as well.
But as I said, it was just a suggestion. If we all like this idea, maybe we should discuss possible modifications to TC in another thread.

I was reading the topic about Mur wanting us to implement an ongoing type of quest and he mentioned Origami, or the Japanese art of paper folding. I will be creating a monthly quest aimed at the study and practice of Oragami and this will have anyone who wants to participate make one or more Oragami figures based off of the month or time of year, like it could be based on the season, animals, plants , shoes rocket ships, you name it, but will have to relate to that months calendar of events( the one you see when logging on to the game I think it's called the days festivities) the on the 12 th month of the quest there will be a Oragami showdown where each participant makes mobile of the things they made to show the rest of us and there will be public vote on who's should win the showdown prize which should be some rare creature or something.t

Edited by ZenTao

• 3 weeks later...

[size=5][color=#4B0082][font=georgia,serif]I'm not one for bumping threads, but...[/font][/color][/size]

[size=5][color=#4B0082][font=georgia,serif]There's still lots of dates open. Mur's birthday is coming up fast! [/font][/color][/size]