Redacted

Fang Archbane

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1360547982' post='132402']
But back to the point. Some very important people have told me that playing on another account [b]while[/b] letting an "alt" get farmed is in bad taste.
[/quote]

It's the while (bolded) that's the key term. For some reason, when I go idle on an account, go to the main page, and click 'login' (to try and login with another account) it just automatically logs into the account that I set as idle. I thus have to logout of one account before logging in on another. Maybe this is [i]intentional[/i].

I'm sure that there are ways around this, however I don't use any of them. Maybe this is the 'bad taste' that the others were talking about?

Edit: Yes, I can see the thinking that FFS isn't benefiting Fang Archbane, at least not directly. However it removes the sacrifice of taking on a role. If you only logged onto one account at a time, then you'd have to choose how you spend your time - as a punching bag, or as a fighter. I think that this is intentional also.

Edited by Change

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1360550226' post='132406']
It would deprive people of training.
[/quote]

That's your choice to make. Believe me, I quite like what you're doing, especially since I'm in skilldamage from unbalanced fights. It's very helpful, so thank you for your [b]time and effort[/b]. Mind you, this time and effort becomes a lot less when you can just idle away while having fun on other accounts.

Did awiiya play on another account at the exact same time as he was becoming a tree? If he did, and if others did similar things, then I guess I've greatly underestimated the sacrifices that some people here have made for their roles.

Edited by Change

If your main issue with being a dummy is that you don't have fun while you're at it, you're doing it wrong. You need to be active, create your own fun, and talk to people, then the people who hit you talk back. Of course, if you're just an idle target anyway, nobody will bother to interact with you. That way you're just the punching bag in the gym, use it and forget it. That hardly even qualifies for a role, which is the one point that you try to make, but a sole farming alt.

[color=#CCCCCC][font=Georgia,][background=rgb(249, 240, 213)]Ann. 2221 - [2012-02-28 21:06:47 - Stage 11][/background][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]With having more than one account, you need to remember these rules;[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]You are not allowed to have (idle or active) multiple accounts in the same or surrounding scenes - log them out or keep them apart. This is to stop the farming of alts.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]You are not allowed to use multiple accounts to help someone become or remain MP6. Any number of a person's accounts are all allowed to be the adept of someone, but not the same person.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]You are not allowed to use an account to aid any of your other accounts. This means you cannot sell creatures on one account to give the profit to another, nor are you allowed to trade creatures or items between your accounts.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]More generally, you are not allowed to use multiple accounts to help, benefit, or otherwise influence one specific player for their gain or loss.[/font][/color]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]There is nothing wrong at all in this.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Look at Fang's intention in all this. Is it to abuse? No. He's just helping out and sacrificing his whole account for the Community.[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400] So many fighters appreciate Fang, I've seen it myself. To some he's an honor donor, some lower their exp on him, etc.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]"You are not allowed to have (idle or active) multiple accounts in the same or surrounding scenes - log them out or keep them apart. This is to stop the farming of alts.[/font][/color]"

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]That's exactly why he kept Fang at the park, and FFS at the GoE.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]"You are not allowed to use multiple accounts to help someone become or remain MP6. Any number of a person's accounts are all allowed to be the adept of someone, but not the same person."[/font][/color]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Not relevant here.[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]"You are not allowed to use an account to aid any of your other accounts. This means you cannot sell creatures on one account to give the profit to another, nor are you allowed to trade creatures or items between your accounts.[/font][/color]"

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I don't think there's much chance of this happening. He just wants to help the Community, you're gonna stop him from doing that too if you say this is alt abuse?[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]"More generally, you are not allowed to use multiple accounts to help, benefit, or otherwise influence one specific player for their gain or loss.[/font][/color]"

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]He's not benefiting a single person, but everybody. And he's been doing this for a looong time. He became MP7 too, and the Meteor in his Inventory as proof that this is a good path.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I don't understand why someone who's doing a good thing must be stopped, i.e. marked as alt abuse. What is he gaining from it? Nothing.[/color][/font]

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360575208' post='132423']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]That's exactly why he kept Fang at the park, and FFS at the GoE.[/color][/font]

[/quote]

*cough* [url="http://storenow.net/my/?f=5896"]http://storenow.net/my/?f=5896[/url] *cough*

Edited by Chewett
testing upload oddities

What my own personal dummy?I always wanted one of those.I won't forget your sacrifice Fang and put this to good use :)Picking side?I'm on my own side so
you are welcome to hop over into Necro whenever you have the bal..bandages for possible problems with shades.

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360575208' post='132423']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I don't think there's much chance of this happening. He just wants to help the Community, you're gonna stop him from doing that too if you say this is alt abuse?[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Georgia,]"More generally, you are not allowed to use multiple accounts to help, benefit, or otherwise influence one specific player for their gain or loss.[/font][/color]"

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]He's not benefiting a single person, but everybody. And he's been doing this for a looong time. He became MP7 too, and the Meteor in his Inventory as proof that this is a good path.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I don't understand why someone who's doing a good thing must be stopped, i.e. marked as alt abuse. What is he gaining from it? Nothing.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

He [b]wants[/b] to help the community, that is, he probably [b]likes[/b] helping the community. Therefore, helping the 'community', while it might be called selfless, is a selfish act. Also, does everyone like what he's doing? Maybe some people don't want people to have a punching bag, thus he's harming that part of the community by his actions. No one is stopping him from helping the 'community' by being a punching bag. Ironically, what you want to let him do is harm the 'community' by being a punching bag, and something else simultaneously.

So you're saying that rules should be bent around someone's selfish wish to help the 'community'? I sure hope that someone doesn't decide to help the community by trying to make people learn to fight for themselves (and using multiple accounts simultaneously to do so). Yes, it's arguable whether or not Fang setting a consistent ritual for people to practise against encourages people to learn how to fight. One could legitimately take the position that it doesn't help people learn.

One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter.

Edited by Change

1) Fang Archbane is not an "alt", he is my Main.
[color=#800080]If a player has multiple accounts, they're alts of each other, there's no "main" tag other than defined by ourselves. You have multiple accounts and so FA is an alt, just one that's used a lot[/color].

2) His very ROLE is to be farmed. He is my ONLY account that gets farmed.
[color=#800080]That it's the only account doing it, is mostly irrelevant. That it's the character's role, is rather hmm.[/color]

3) He does more good than bad. Yes, i hear it every day. "why supercharge the noobs if they learn nothing about fighting?"
[color=#800080]Depends upon perspective, to yours, and those using it, yes. To others, particularly those that had to work hard for their stats etc, it would probably be the opposite.[/color]

I would agree with Burns in that you shouldn't be purely there as a "punching bag" - if the sole use of that account is as such then you are bordering abuse, however if you were to interact with others through it and other things besides allowing others to attack you, to make a fuller role out of it, then it is more permissible I would imagine

Hi Change,

If one (Fang in this case) wants to do something for the community, then he should accept the consequences, good or bad.
In his case, he should play with just his main account: Fang Archbane.

There was a history on this exact subject with more ppl "selfless" helping each other with multiple alt accounts. He himself mentioned about it : "CrazyMikes in Maze".
Fang is just testing the ground and attempting to "win the community" in his wrong-doing.

Currently there is nothing I can do, nor I will (too soon), but as there is already an announcement about this exact activity, then he should have been punished on spot:
- jail for both accounts
- PM from council : choose account to be banned according to announcement ..(see above)

He has already a history in "mistakes" and he is always testing to see what other rule he can bend.
And worst of all, he is [b]again [/b]challenging the Council to act "against the good of community".

Fine, Change, let him do it. Lets see what he will become.

Also, do note :
[quote]As an MP7, he can not. Hed become the next Eon, and that is something he will never do.[/quote]
He is just [b]bored[/b] of his good-deeds.

Best regards,
No one

PS:
- We are not afraid of another Eon (there is no other with skill damage), even if he hates me and
- there are a few more ppl with HUGE stats ... I still wonder what were his true reasons for becoming MP7

Edited by No one

If i put up an alt as a punching bag, would I be allowed to do it too? Tomorrow if tom, dick and harry request the same, would they be allowed too? And followed by them, every alternate player in MD asks for the same should they be allowed as well? There was a place where people used themselves and their alts as punching bags. It was known as GGG - Golden Globe Gazebo. Initially they didnt mind being boxed and kicked. Later on, All they wanted to do was to be tapped gently on their backs. And anyone who wanted to learn boxing or kickboxing was thrown out and banned from that place. And oh, since everybody thought that learning the hard way was bad for them, MD became empty. And very very few, less than a handful knew the basics of combat.

I understand what you are trying to do here fang. It is appreciated by many, disliked by the rest. But if the council makes an exception for you, they'd have to make an exception for every single player who asks for what you are asking.

P.S. - I doubt there can be another eon. People may end up as bits of him, but never a whole eon.

Edited by Nimrodel

[quote name='Change' timestamp='1360586271' post='132438']
He [b]wants[/b] to help the community, that is, he probably [b]likes[/b] helping the community. Therefore, helping the 'community', while it might be called selfless, is a selfish act. Also, does everyone like what he's doing? Maybe some people don't want people to have a punching bag, thus he's harming that part of the community by his actions. No one is stopping him from helping the 'community' by being a punching bag. Ironically, what you want to let him do is harm the 'community' by being a punching bag, and something else simultaneously.

So you're saying that rules should be bent around someone's selfish wish to help the 'community'? I sure hope that someone doesn't decide to help the community by trying to make people learn to fight for themselves (and using multiple accounts simultaneously to do so). Yes, it's arguable whether or not Fang setting a consistent ritual for people to practise against encourages people to learn how to fight. One could legitimately take the position that it doesn't help people learn.

[/quote]

Therefore, helping the 'community', while it might be called selfless, is a selfish act.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]It would be a selfish act if he had he been gaining anything from it. I strongly disagree with your perception.[/color][/font]

Maybe some people don't want people to have a punching bag, thus he's harming that part of the community by his actions.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Definition of harm, since you CLEARLY do not know, is to deliberately inflict a physical injury. A book sitting there is very useful to those who want to make good use out of it. Is it harming those who don't want to read it? lol :))[/color][/font]

So you're saying that rules should be bent around someone's selfish wish to help the 'community'?

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I never said that, nor should it happen. Please read my post again if you still don't understand.[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]I can't agree more, honestly. But I must say, that is irrelevant to Fang's case. Neither is he a terrorist, nor is he fighting for freedom. Take advantage of him if you like, he doesn't mind that, but he's not the one attacking, we are.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Nimrodel' timestamp='1360590990' post='132458']
If i put up an alt as a punching bag, would I be allowed to do it too? Tomorrow if tom, dick and harry request the same, would they be allowed too? And followed by them, every alternate player in MD asks for the same should they be allowed as well? There was a place where people used themselves and their alts as punching bags. It was known as GGG - Golden Globe Gazebo. Initially they didnt mind being boxed and kicked. Later on, All they wanted to do was to be tapped gently on their backs. And anyone who wanted to learn boxing or kickboxing was thrown out and banned from that place. And oh, since everybody thought that learning the hard way was bad for them, MD became empty. And very very few, less than a handful knew the basics of combat.

I understand what you are trying to do here fang. It is appreciated by many, disliked by the rest. But if the council makes an exception for you, they'd have to make an exception for every single player who asks for what you are asking.
[/quote]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400].[/color][/font]
If i put up an alt as a punching bag, would I be allowed to do it too? Tomorrow if tom, dick and harry request the same, would they be allowed too? And followed by them, every alternate player in MD asks for the same should they be allowed as well?

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Allowing isn't the case her at all in my opinion. He's been doing it for a long time. Many of us have alts which we set up when MP3's, etc need them for losses/wins. Tell every single of those people to stop doing that, why just Fang?[/color][/font]

But if the council makes an exception for you, they'd have to make an exception for every single player who asks for what you are asking.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Fang is already exceptional. The "every single player" you are mentioning isn't MP7, nor has an Illusionist's Meteor in his inventory. When they work hard enough to get those, feel free to ask Council for making an exception.[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1360576424' post='132426']
*cough* [url="http://storenow.net/my/?f=5896"]http://storenow.net/my/?f=5896[/url] *cough*
[/quote]
[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360594991' post='132462']
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Fang is already exceptional. The "every single player" you are mentioning isn't MP7, nor has an Illusionist's Meteor in his inventory. When they work hard enough to get those, feel free to ask Council for making an exception.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
As DD suggested , I hereby ask Council to take note on this matter and do the needful.

Also, as you the Council does take its time for it, I will proceed as Fang does: "I propose" .
So, [b]I propose the removal of his "MP7/Meteor" for use in alt abuse[/b].

Also [b]I propose warning DD for [/b][b]inciting to "[/b][b]alt abuse"[/b].

Edited by No one

[quote name='DARK DEMON' timestamp='1360594991' post='132462']
[/quote]

That would be like saying just because Azull is the King of Necrovion, he can get away with giving away every spoiler he can think of... The 'exception' to the rule. These rules are in place for a reason. And those who are in roles of power should be punished more harshly then those who aren't. Simply because when a King or Queen or who ever breaks rules and isn't judged harshly enough, their people are sure to follow in the footsteps and break these rules as well.

[quote name='No one' timestamp='1360597927' post='132464']
[b]I propose the removal of his "MP7/Meteor" for use in alt abuse[/b].
[b]I propose warning DD for [/b][b]inciting to "[/b][b]alt abuse"[/b].
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]LOL :))[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]Fang's meteor/MP7 was before he made his alt, and so, that's his own role. Nothing to do with an alt! Taking it away from topic again, I see...[/color][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]So, warning me for...[/color][/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#006400]?[/color][/font]

Edited by DARK DEMON

I'm guessing you googled 'harm definition'? Did you know that there are multiple uses for a word? [url="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harm"]Definition of harm according to Merriam-Webster. [/url]Harm does not have to be deliberate, nor does it have to be physical. It, in fact, like lots of English words, is very much conceptual.

All of this discussion is irrelevant anyways. It's not normally possible to log onto two accounts at the same time, thus one would assume that circumventing that game mechanic is against the rules. If it's not, then perhaps a thread should be started proposing that people should be easily allowed to log into multiple accounts at the same time.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Very few people are truly altruistic. [/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I was at GoE when Fang had both characters there and was being told to move one by Grido. dst has a pic she's put up of both at the park. Clearly he's having trouble keeping them separated. If Mike is being thrown around as an example, this is not going to go well for Fang.[/font][/color]

@Change:

The game interface doesn't allow it itself but I wouldn't go so far as to say not normally possible means against the rules. Sort of like using the hotlink to the item tab to be able to transfer items by ITC on accounts that don't have an item already...

Click idle, open link, log in. This link is provided to us each time we log in normally.

http://magicduel.com/authentication.php?ln=&redir=/layout.php&rs=cof

[size=1]I[size=2] do agree most of this discussion is irrelevant though...[/size][/size]

• Root Admin

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1360634675' post='132490']
I ask that whomever has the power to do so, delete the following accounts, which are my only alts.

Milordo Zikio
Shinigami X
Fangs Fighting Spirit
[/quote]

Accounts are very very rarely deleted, and these are only done automatically. They shall not be removed.

Those that support me, do so blindly, and i both respect and admire that.
[/quote]

Why do you admire and respect blind support? All of my best friends have the guts to stand up to me and tell me when i do wrong. I would argue that blind support is merely a group of yesmen urging you on without actually helping you and i feel real friends wouldnt do this. To me having a group of yesmen is merely good for the ego and nothing else. They cannot help you improve your ideas by offering suggestions becuase they will follow any plan blindly no matter how poor it is. You disagree?

Those that oppose me, have only Rules to fall back on.

[/quote]
It's a good thing really. That means no one's really opposing [i]you [/i]because it's you. People are merely trying to uphold rules.