Phantom Orhchid - wrong use of dream

dst

So, it seem that last night (around 5 am ST) poe put me in a dream and less than 2 minutes after she punished me with silence for "failing her riddle".

Really? And she screams I abuse my powers? She has absolutley NO proof I ever abused my powers but she used hers to silence me. And not the light punishment but the higher one.

I expect an explanation until tomorrow. If I will not get it, I will sue her for abuse and harassment.

Have a wonderful Md B-day!

LE: seems like you people don't know how to read or I was not explicit enough: I was at most idle at that time (if not even offline). There was no riddle (or at least not one that I could see since I was asleep at that time) but she punished me either way.
Also it took her 2 minutes not 30 seconds. Didn't do the math right this morning so I correct the above.

LLE: You people are incredible!! I WAS NOT ONLINE! Even if she asked me a riddle (which I have asked Council to check) I couldn't have answered it since I WAS NOT ONLINE. It was 5 AM for me.I was sleeping for god's sake!

Edited by dst

Not sure what's the reason behind these neg-rep points.

Dream catcher should have some space making people dream and punishing them, silence spell after all isn't that serious, but it should be done once certain criteria is achieved, and considering it is known Dst and Phantom Orchid have a long line of conflict, it naturally leads some people to guess that this was done with a touch of personal grudge, in which case makes Orchid's act very tasteless.

Of course, people shouldn't disregard the option of Orchid not being aware of Dst being idle - her assuming Dst is just avoiding to answer her. In that case, a bit of fault still falls to Orchid's shoulders because she should first make sure her target isn't idling, or at least find an alternative (make the target dream indefinitely until she responds to the dream catcher).

I'm not really sure whether you dream catchers just go around randomly ambushing people into dreams or not, but unless that is the case it seems like some very immature decisions are going on here.

Given the near total lack of interest dst has in RPing, I seriously doubt she asked Poe for a dream and a riddle in the first place. Given the sheer level of animosity, and the fact that (correct me if this has changed, there has been no announcement) Rhaegar also has the dream ability, if dst DID ask, Poe should have had the maturity to direct her to him.

If Poe is the one who decided it was time dst had a nap on her own, then thats just a bit vindictive and immature, given their past.

Really, without a damn good reason, the amount of dislike that these two seem to have for each other should be enough for any mature person to simply make the decision not to deal with each other. Especially since with Rhaegar, there is, as far as I can see (and again, I don't know how dreams work), Zero reason for Poe to ever be the one to put dst in a dream, outside of a quest.

This just smacks of immaturity to me.

• Root Admin

1) immaturity or not, dreams abuse is something i am and always was,totally against.
2) I expect a PUBLIC answer/version from Poe, in such way that it can be commented/judged not just by me, because I mustbe honest,i am not much around at all
3) "make the target dream indefinitely until she responds to the dream catcher" ... i thought thats more than obvious that is should be done.. punishing anyone without even hearing an answer back as a sign that that person is at least aware of the situation is in my view plain abuse

1) Dst failed riddle number 4
2) Powers were used to 'free' dst from her punishment, before any investigation ensued to determine the nature of the situation.
3) Council threatened to take my powers away without any investigation
4) Happy birthday MD. See you around. Maybe.

[quote]1) Dst failed riddle number 4[/quote]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Does this mean she failed the 4th riddle given or out of a list it was #4 she was given? (reading this with a math melted brain)[/font][/color]

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]@ dst[/font][/color]
[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I'm guessing you've got screenshots?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1366084400' post='134917']
1) Dst failed riddle number 4
2) Powers were used to 'free' dst from her punishment, before any investigation ensued to determine the nature of the situation.
3) Council threatened to take my powers away without any investigation
4) Happy birthday MD. See you around. Maybe.
[/quote]1) Everybody is aware that she failed the riddle.
But all MD (except you), I think even The Council, is expecting an explanation on how she could have answered the answered the riddle when she was not online nor given the time to answer.

2) if you ask nicely _in public_, i can explain you what happen and why her punishment ended.

3) Do you deserve the consideration of waiting for the answer ?
Taking your actions as example you should have been in jail 30 minutes after this thread was created.
Do grant The Council the respect they deserve and answer them and us.

4) Nobody expects any better then that.

PoE, currently all proof points to your abuse alone. So, until further evidence are shown, you are PROVEN guilty.

Edited by No one

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1366084400' post='134917']
[/quote]

False. The server had to be restarted, this causes a number of bad effects including kicking out all idle people, and removing all current affects. Feel free to ask everyone that was around for proof of the errors. I doubt you will believe me.

Log from error:
[quote]
[15-Apr-2013 22:23:16 Europe/Bucharest] PHP Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/v
ar/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in <filename> on line 93
[/quote]

And as a side comment, once that the riddle that phantom gave dst is provided and it is shown that she failed i will freely put the silence command back on her for the required time.

Chewett,

Lets wait for PoE / Council's answer as it seems that PoE made it clearly that does not want to answer and currently the proofs are against PoE.

What is _funny_ is that PoE bothered to write some BS but did not answered.

Let's not be hasty in "proving" guilt. This is not a witchhunt.

So far it's Dst's word vs. Poe's word. I see no proof yet. There are no screenshots and there are no witnesses. That means that that Poe is not proven guilty at this time. How do I know that dst indeed was punished 30 seconds after the riddle was given? Or that she was afk?

Dst is usually very good about taking screenshots of things that bother her. Is there a screenshot we could see?

Or perhaps Chewett, you might know if there are any logs the game keeps? Can you tell when the dream was started and when the punishment was given? Are the logs of the chat text?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Esmaralda' timestamp='1366117914' post='134945']
Or perhaps Chewett, you might know if there are any logs the game keeps? Can you tell when the dream was started and when the punishment was given? Are the logs of the chat text?
[/quote]

Dst is quoting the logs, there is a number of server logs that none have access to that could be interrogated if nesscary.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1366118636' post='134946']
The dream started at 2013-04-15 04:55:03 and and ended at 2013-04-15 04:56:58 when the punishment was given.
[/quote]

This is correct.

Edited by Chewett

Playing devil's advocate for both. Dst is constantly abusing Poe, and Poe is ignored about it. (Or so the stories go. Do I have proof of this? I do not.)

So on that side, Poe should be hailed a saint.

Neutral ground. Dst should have been logged off while she was sleeping.

Aaand the flip side. Even idle, two and a half minutes is not long enough to justify initating punishment for failure to awnser a riddle. Even had Dst not been idle, such a short time is not acceptable. The punishment merited out does not fit the crime either.

[quote name='Pothos' timestamp='1366122382' post='134949']
Neutral ground. Dst should have been logged off while she was sleeping.

[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]Are you implying idle mode should be disabled? or that only dst should not be allowed to use it?[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]Either way I don't think that's the right way.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]I have no comments on "non neutral" parts of your post.[/i][/color]

Edited by Shemhazaj

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1366131374' post='134956']
How am I supposed to bring proofs that I was idle? Care to enlighten me?
[/quote]

[color=#808080]the same way they show it on crime series. [/color]
[color=#333366]*role-plays the bad cop*[/color][color=#808080] DO YOU HAVE AN ALIBI!?[/color]
[color=#808080]:P (sorri, couldn't help myself)[/color]

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1366142408' post='134964']
Hehe council is coming at me like a lynch mob because of dst's complaints.

Ya'll should lighten up.

It's just a game.

:D
[/quote]

Thats why you dont deserve the position. Its a very important one and you dont care how you abuse it. You were the one going on about keeping dreams sacred and you dont care. You are a hypocrit and i hope you lose your ability. You are not dreamweaver.

So quick to judge and jury all at once. Nice.

This game's rigged precisely because of this attitude of those in power.

Blinded by the light :D

So many tears shed... don't forget the buckets!!

Edited by Phantom Orchid

• Root Admin

[quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1366147058' post='134968']
So quick to judge and jury all at once. Nice.

This game's rigged precisely because of this attitude of those in power.

Blinded by the light :D

So many tears shed... don't forget the buckets!!
[/quote]

So phantom just decided to dream a large amount of people. She got banned.