How we miss your silent "."

The way that no syllable at all,

Could mean so many things.

You never told a lie,

For you never spoke.

And by selfsame virtue never gave away my evil plans

The way that people would flee before you,

it was not fear or hatred,

but simply being overwhelmed by how utterly, mind destroyingly awesome your "."'s where.

And how we all loved to see the words,

"Eon collects herbs"

repeated over and over in a single scene

We miss the way you would always find us

When we played hide and seek

And thump us playfully as your way of saying "Tag! I'm still It!"

The BHC will never be the same without you,

And your Mur sanctioned-if-council-denied prizes

That where always given to the strongest, most rule following player.

The way you would rip our stats out from under us,

And get us to work as a team to create new defenses,

Those where the good old days that we all miss.

But most of all we -

Or maybe its just me? And dst?

Heck, Eon, I miss you!

Edited by Kyphis the Bard

I like the poem, but it will lose some score in my eyes if it's not ironic. :D

Jokes aside, having Eon around would be cool for me, I want diversity of players, I want more of us, but I want him to be without that skill damage :)) I like the way of things when there's nobody to molest your stats while you idle in the open.

And I want skilldamage-less MD even at the price of Eon not being here. :P

Perhaps that's just another encouragement for him to come back?

See your friends rejoice, see the horror in the eyes of your enemies... So fulfilling! :D

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

I would like to say that I miss Eon but I doubt that many even talked to him deep enough to use the term "I knew him". Eon never ever talked when I was around and never ever answered a question I had. From my point of view I cannot know someone whom I never talked too and miss someone I know nothing about would be not true at all.

So I do not miss Eon.

• Root Admin

I would like to say that I miss Eon but I doubt that many even talked to him deep enough to use the term "I knew him". Eon never ever talked when I was around and never ever answered a question I had. From my point of view I cannot know someone whom I never talked too and miss someone I know nothing about would be not true at all.

So I do not miss Eon.

Many didnt, the few who actually did exchange pms/emails with him got to know him well.

For me, he was like dst, we may have argued on certain things, and downright disagreed on certain points, but i still considered him a good friend.

Sorry Rhaegar, not ironic, just crappily written (actually there is a degree of irony in there, as its not what most people would think of as a poem. But still is).

As one of the people who actually got to talk to him a lot, he really is an asset to the realm, far more than most of his detractors would ever give him credit for.

I'm expecting a flood of dots as reply :))

I'm expecting one. :)

I miss you too, Eon! You made every day feel like a HC where there were actual penalties for losing. My rituals have been full of holes (holey) ever since you left.

Edited by Change

"Tag! I'm still It!"

My favorite part.

I like to believe that Eon would remember these:

Liberty: if one were to invade loreroot which would be the best course of action to conquer it?
Eon: If someone was going to attempt to take over Loreroot, the best way to do it would be to teleport everyone inside to the lighthouse in GG. The person would then march their army inside.
Eon: They would make sure I was on their side and station me at the front entrance to slow people down who try to take it back.
Eon: They would load up with killing items beforehand and kill off anyone who tried to fight back.
Eon: That's the best way
Eon: You completely clear loreroot out in the beginning, and then kill off anyone who tried to get it back.
Eon: Not up for debate

Liberty: correct answer was
Liberty: ..........
Liberty: burn down the forest

http://oracleofbacon.org/

=
#E50885
32D

Coincidence? No way..

In all seriousness, Eon had a unique perspective on his place in MD, without which he couldn't have gotten where he did. Say what you will about however else he reached his goals, he was an expert on quiet power.

He approached situations as logical problems, but there was something elegant about his solutions that went straightforward into something more than plain answers. He made rules into shields and weapons as only the best lawyers/accountants know how. He was excellent with metadata: second only to dst (who to be fair has several years on him, and counting) at using information about quests' organizers/judges to determine his course within those quests. He understood not only the system but the actions if not always the motivations of the people who made it work. In his own dotty way, he was exceptionally Good At MagicDuel. I miss him.