your idea to better MD

That would only be good if we let everybody attack everybody else again, regardless of MP.

I don't know about 'good' or 'bad' ..

all i know is b4 this upgrade restriction thing came we had lots of fun...a lot of MP4/3 payers joining groups, training ,fighting and such....and yeah with that abuse too hehe ...but atleast MD was alive.

Some MP5 vets players used these so called 'Abuse' so stir things up and used this to their advantage (as always) to find more targets to increase their stats and train their creatures. Thats how this rule came into exist.

Now i c many noobs advance to c their creatures in upgraded lvl only to realize their mistakes. 

I mean even players like Master Shem (multiple times Combat champion ) having trouble to get balance. How can a noob face a player with 1000AD. 

What u c is just a reality created by the Gods of the MD ... But if u r able to see thru their fake reality ...u shall face the truth hehe....

What about this idea.

Mp3 and mp4 can upgrade his creatures to maximum level
But sacrifing them not allow.

Many of creatures are different type of STATS/skill

Requirements of upgrade creature

Mp3:
200AD can upgrade with the required of Age of creature
Gives aways creature not qualify for upgrading. During battle wins not counted except Age of your creature continue growing

Reward creature given from the quest can be upgrade(this creatures have a sign given from the quest reward somerhing like code) if this allow

I don't know about 'good' or 'bad' ..

all i know is b4 this upgrade restriction thing came we had lots of fun...a lot of MP4/3 payers joining groups, training ,fighting and such....and yeah with that abuse too hehe ...but atleast MD was alive.

Some MP5 vets players used these so called 'Abuse' so stir things up and used this to their advantage (as always) to find more targets to increase their stats and train their creatures. Thats how this rule came into exist.

Now i c many noobs advance to c their creatures in upgraded lvl only to realize their mistakes. 

I mean even players like Master Shem (multiple times Combat champion ) having trouble to get balance. How can a noob face a player with 1000AD. 

What u c is just a reality created by the Gods of the MD ... But if u r able to see thru their fake reality ...u shall face the truth hehe....

Uhm. My trouble with balance is that I AM balanced. Which makes it hard for me to gain honor from fights.

When I was a noob I also were told I could never defeat players like SS or Lifeline. Somehow I managed tho, numerous times.

You can still get to the very top if you're dedicated enough.

Especially since "gods" (as you call them) aren't eternal. They also get weary and leave the arena for other fighters to train and rule.

i very much like the idea of removing creature mind power restrictions, that was mostly the reason i advanced to mp5 and up here i just get demoralised trying to fight, but thats besides the point. maybe if they were upgradeable but still froze? though that seems a bit awkward. i dont think that allowing all mind powers to attack each other is a good idea, or at least, i think it would be verybad if mp5s were able to attack mp3s, before they learn how to defend themselves properly, that would lead to a lot of frustration for the mp3. it could be worth having mp3s able to attack all other mind powers, but then people who know the game might just stay mp3 and abuse it. un limiting creature mind power doesnt seem too abusable from my view, if people are still only able to attack within their mind power, it becomes even more unbalanced for new mp3s compared to old ones, more so than it is now, but with communication this isnt so bad,  there are still mp3s that stay around and help out. but there would still be the mp3 heat cap, which can be seen as both good and bad things when it comes to un-restricting creatures

ramble done, hopefully i made sense ...

Sy

• Root Admin

Getting balance isnt hard if you have the time to invest. You dont even need to know how to fight if you talk with friends and get help. 

Mp3 and mp4 can upgrade his creatures to maximum level
But sacrifing them not allow.

Mp3:
200AD can upgrade with the required of Age of creature
Gives aways creature not qualify for upgrading. During battle wins not counted except Age of your creature continue growing

This essentially just removes the restriction completely. This isnt a compromise it just means people are stuck with their creatures once advanced.

When I was a noob I also were told I could never defeat players like SS or Lifeline. Somehow I managed tho, numerous times.
You can still get to the very top if you're dedicated enough.
Especially since "gods" (as you call them) aren't eternal. They also get weary and leave the arena for other fighters to train and rule.

You had some rather foolish players lead you if you were told that :P

I'm thinking about mp3 have a place like GG more mp2

Mp3 cannot be attack to everybody. if she/he get out his safe land called free to attack mp3 vs mp5.
We need a land for mp3?

This land dwelling free only for mp3

There is discussion amoung Mur and I to permit MP3's to attack anyone. Keep an eye on the announcements to see if this gets implemented :)

There is discussion amoung Mur and I to permit MP3's to attack anyone. Keep an eye on the announcements to see if this gets implemented :)

That is not a good thing to do.

- new players will attack at random without knowing of this "power" of theirs and will get discouraged even more

- new players will get whacked so much more

- new players will get capped faster

- old players will enjoy the new infusion of players but not for a long time (as they might quit faster)

- old players will not enjoy being attacked by fake new mp3s

Just see why the MP2 was removed. That MP2 would / should solve many of the new MP3's questions.

• Root Admin

That is not a good thing to do.
 - new players will attack at random without knowing of this "power" of theirs and will get discouraged even more
 - new players will get whacked so much more
 - new players will get capped faster
 - old players will enjoy the new infusion of players but not for a long time (as they might quit faster)
 - old players will not enjoy being attacked by fake new mp3s

Just see why the MP2 was removed. That MP2 would / should solve many of the new MP3's questions.

Those were points dark also raised ingame while we were discussing that. Hence why its in the discussion phase still.

To be completely honest, I don't think ability to attack my drachs would make newbies feel accepted.

Even more so, attacking random rit like trees with a single aramor (on random pray power) that still kills them without taking any damage.

I'm not criticizing the idea, only making a point that for it to work all MP5s would need to try to show new MP3s that they can be fought against.

Personally I don't see that happening.

I always thought mind power lvls were to prepare people for next lvl and that every step up is harder.

Wouldn't letting MP3 attack MP5 be discouraging?

• Root Admin

So simply include a warning when attacking a higher MP level player, would that not solve the problem?

The discussion formed that, Having a visual representation of strength and not permitting lower mindpowers to attack the really really strong people without being informed of what they can do and such was considered.

shem, they would feel so because fighting can bind people more than some other things:)

some of them are too shy to ask anything, and battle gives them good "excuse" to do that;)

it would enable them to make bonds with people, so it will feel "right" to ask them for something

else, not just battle:))

or they would just get discouraged about losing and not talk anyway, losing doesnt encourage talking, it wouldnt make that much of a difference and id agree with shem here

Sy

I ask right away why I have lost (but maybe thats because Im too lazy to figure it out myself).

The list:

1) wild creatures, these will be NPCs of varying strength, traveling around to both promote exploring as help lower mps find more targets, these would respawn on a regular basis
(Mp 3)

2) a buddy mentoring system where each young player has someone looking over him more personally, so each mentor will only have few students unlike protectors
(Mp 4)

3) prolong idle mode to 8 or more hoursto increase targets
(Mp 5)

4) introducing a real warmechanism
(Mp 5)

5) classlike system of fighting, no mps, level decided by stats and combatknowledge
(Mp 5)

6) gradual implementatioon of viscosity on new players
(Sunfire mp 5)

1. Reasons against this have already been listed.

2. I have an idea for a mentoring system which I will be posting shortly.

3. There aren't enough people in MD currently for this to make a real difference.

4. A simple war mechanism would be that every person in the land (or fighting for the land or group) gets a certain status. Once defeated by an player from an opposing team, that person is dead. The war ends either with the last team standing, or after a time limit if it takes too long. Once the war is over, everyone is revived. Revival and kill items should not be able to be used.

5. Perhaps a system where you only gain stats from defeating people with stats similar to yours, and lose stats fighting people too much weaker? You could still gain stats from saccing creatures. This is just a random idea, I haven't really thought it through. I eagerly await dst/no one's criticism as to why this is a stupid idea.

6. I personally think viscosity should replace Exploring Points, which are essentially useless, and that viscosity should be linked to you personally. That way, the first time you enter a scene that few people get to, it would have a high cost, but as you enter it more and more, your own viscosity cost would go down, Certain scenes that people need to access, like the aramory, would be exempt from this. The initial viscosity cost to enter a scene would be the same way it is now.

Edited by Jester

3) prolong idle mode to 8 or more hoursto increase targets
(Mp 5)

how about instead of becoming untargetable after 6 hour you would become untargetable after a certan number of attacks? I noticed that idling in a more remote place gives me only a few (like 3 or 4) losses but if i idle at GoE or some other populated area i risk getting a huge amount of losses and it can even happen that you run out of your set defensive rituals which can make you defend with a ritual you made for offense (perhaps one specificaly ment for oponents with a certan type of defense) and spent lots of time to get it to a high combo count. No matter how good that ritual it would get destroyed sooner or later with enough attacks. If you limit the number of attacks you can get (or maybe it could count losses only) then i think everbody would feel safe idling in any scene.

Another random idea that just popped into my head: why not enforce balance instead? If you have too many more wins than losses, or vice versa, you can't get any more until you get more balanced?

So I can just sit at however many losses and then no longer worry about skilldamage because the system won't give me more losses? Sounds awful.