Please stop

Mya Celestia

Though a few may hate you, please dont ever forget there are still those that exist that love you.

Sadly, i think that on some miniscule, highly diminished scale of my past pain to your current one, i can relate.

Ive lived most of my MagicDuel life hated by half of the community, like some bad rash on MDs rear end that just wont go away no matter how much topical ointment gets applied

And at the same time, loved fullheartedly by the other half that treat me and (some) respect me as some earth walking deity gift from Aphrodite and Zeus themselves.

Whenever i was feeling at my lowest, the ones that still loved me, wanted me here, and cared for my well being, in and out of my head, kept me sane and normally quite happy.

So i guess what im saying is, dont give in just yet Mya darling, as the one thing that those that hate can never take away from you, is the love that you receive from those truly worthy of being called your friends.

Edited by Fang Archbane

Hi Mya,

I know I have't killed you so that "You've killed me." is not referring to me.

I don't think you were referring to me when you said : "You've destroyed the Guardians of the Root." or you're misguided.

Anyway, leaving aside that, from your post, I feel accused of something I don't feel guilty of ... so, I ask you:  what is your problem ?

I know I am kind of out-of-touch with MD, but I read the forum and you are not in it.

So, please mind your manners and behave your MD role and state your problems.  (*)

Also, as a suggestion, if you accuse someone of something please provide some proofs too. (*)

So, having the 2 (*) points above in mind, I think you should rephrase your post so that you don't sound like ... something you don't want to be.

[spoiler]scared , 2 face ..., unfounded accuser, unworthy ruler and all these just from the above post  [/spoiler]

------------------

Oh, and on a more personal level :

[spoiler]

Stop already.  My Mother dying of cancer is bad enough.  I come here to escape the misery that has become my outside life lately only to have it compounded here.

I'm saying this now in front of everybody.

Sharing in "front of everybody" like that your RL problems, no matter how small or great they may be, it only tells that you are lame. Are you ?

[/spoiler]

Hi Mya,

I know I have't killed you so that "You've killed me." is not referring to me.

I don't think you were referring to me when you said : "You've destroyed the Guardians of the Root." or you're misguided.

I fail to see why you would feel accused then. No names were called, no fingers were pointed. Your manners aren't exactly impeccable either, as Mya did not make any personal statements, whereas you do.

[spoiler]scared , 2 face ..., unfounded accuser, unworthy ruler and all these just from the above post  [/spoiler]

------------------

Oh, and on a more personal level :

[spoiler]

Sharing in "front of everybody" like that your RL problems, no matter how small or great they may be, it only tells that you are lame. Are you ?

[/spoiler]

Just saying.

@A: yea, I know I am pointing fingers, but unlike others I don't need drawings to see when one is pointed.

Also, did you kill Mya ? Because you are also one of "you". That is one of the tricks of being vague: you will always hit your target even if it goes to 1 million others.

As for manners ... all I will say is I am just me, I play and role-play me (I might say : at perfection) and I am blunt (even if at times I will avoid erase some of the bitchy words).

So, my comment is not accusatory nor injurious  nor defamatory (and I always try to keep it that way) and I asked the same from Mya and I expect the same from others.

Also, those 2 ... are facts you kindly quoted. If you don't see it , it is your problem. If you prefer to ignore / disregard them ... it is still your problem. It is a fact and its existence cannot be argued.

But in the end, Mya, as I understood is a kind of a consul for LR and that is not how one should behave (as from my point of view) and I stated it.

------

I still don't understand why is she pissed.

Edited by No one

But in the end, Mya, as I understood is a kind of a consul for LR and that is not how one should behave (as from my point of view) and I stated it.

Having an official capacity does not prevent you from posting as a person. In the same way that a Forum mod can weigh in on a discussion they have an opinion on as a person, and not as a mod, a land leader can speak out on a topic without being a land leader - the same as I am doing now.

This topic might mention land stuff, but it is on a personal level, not on a leader level. And its also in the general forums, not the land forums.

It ought to be plain from the way it is written that this is a post written by the person behind Mya, not the Land Leader that that person plays the role of. As someone who I generally consider intelligent I'm surprised you did not make that distinction yourself, although given you have in the past expressed the difficulties of English as a non-native speaker (and yes, English is an awful language, even if you *are* a native speaker), I can understand why you failed to.

Hopefully I have helped clarify this point for your future perspective.

Having an official capacity does not prevent you from posting as a person. In the same way that a Forum mod can weigh in on a discussion they have an opinion on as a person, and not as a mod, a land leader can speak out on a topic without being a land leader - the same as I am doing now.

This topic might mention land stuff, but it is on a personal level, not on a leader level. And its also in the general forums, not the land forums.

Talking in general (not about mya)

No, it does not prevent one from doing so but it is the difference between a real leader and a wanna-be. And this is universal. It is most visible in RP (see DD when he has time when he plays DD and when he is ooc /out of character).

At some level / on some circles you can even call it "diplomacy" and it not a badge that you can wear it suits you. It is something that you have or not / you are or not.

Right now, the best example of one who has it IS  would be ... Azull.

I hope that in the future you will understand my point.

-------

I said that I'm not "a native English speaker" not that I'm dumb.

Edited by No one

This was originally going to be a beautifully politically correct post on how we cannot expect leaders to part with their humanity.

But, truly, we are always expecting leaders to demonstrate nothing of their humanity, unless it is a carefully articulated jest that exalts our own moral perceptions.

The opening post's character is somewhat mixed.

Should a leader express themselves as individuals openly?

Yes and no. If the head of state of a great power were to drop the dehumanizing pretense of a public figure, the results would be socially catastrophic. But this is MD, and MD is nowhere near as absolute.

It is, in fact, entirely reasonable to expect of a leader not to appear human. Though it'd be delusional to believe they are not human underneath the facade.

We could, however, ask whether it is reasonable to expect that of a land leader in MD.

That is for each of you to answer, though, all things considered, my own opinion is that is too grand a request to be made so lightly.

Flaws are amplified when you are under the spotlight. And we just love feeling better about ourselves by diminishing others.

Loreroot Consul Mya should not have made that post, perhaps. But, if it were a deceptive move to draw support to Loreroot, it'd be a terribly phrased one at that.

Instead, that is just a human, an unappealing flawed little thing he likes of you and me, dear reader Or perhaps you should be reminded of your own insecurities and inconsistencies?

Loreroot Consul Mya should not made that post.

-Mya wanted the people of MD  to let shown on public, sharing thoughts, sharing words, sharing like and dislike. thats the way of to let it go and voice out of his emitional feeling deep inside.

• Root Admin

its a reaction to the event, started by the character mya and written by the person behind it..

In cases where personal issues flood you, either the character or the person take control of your actions.

It was somehow directed to the community as opposed to someone directly involved in the event, this sais a lot about your view on everything here as a whole

This post may or may not have been a smart thing to do.  My reason for doing it was because other avenues failed.  I tried to handle it myself.  I followed the chain afterwards I was told to pursue in order to try and get things calmed.  Instead of calming, they exploded.