Illusion tags are permanent

dst

I have a curiosity about that specific illusion.

I know you don't role play, but if you did... and if you were part of a land which was at war with GG... and if you used that illusion... what would be the outcome? :P

edit 1: more exactly, who's in control? the illusion, or the illusionist?

edit 2: PM if spoiler-ish, please.

Edited by Myth

• Root Admin

i am also not certain if this should be feature or not..... i'll observe this discussion for now.

Tag value will be determined by how much time you spent keeping it active, and there will also be other ways to increase its score...so question is..should someone that had such a tag, hard enough to get, be granted a chance to turn it into a role or not...at least thats how i see it for now

From that perspective, if you increase the score of land-related illusion tags, you'd somehow be granted a chance to turn it into a role and be part of that land, even if you have never had any contact/history related to that particular land before. Is that correct? If so, is that intended for the tag feature?

~Aelis

I think it would add a new... depth or twist to illusions/tags. I am not very familiar with illusions in md. An illusionist can become a master at deception or become so enthralled with the illusion that it does not differ from reality.

It would be an interesting role-play element.

Ok, maybe I should give some more info on illusions and their tags so people would understand what we're dealing with at the moment.

There are lots of illusions and they can be combined. This results in quite a big number of tags and descriptions (I've notice that for example a description is applied to several different tags - I don't know how the code is but looks like some sort of a combination). If you really start playing with them you'll end up with a sh***load of tags which are not unique or original (check the bots and you might find your illusion tag/description attached to one of them). Do we want this? Personally, I prefer tags that make me part of a group (like the Sky Scouter or the land militia) or my own tags.

I don't really see a potential role that could derive from such a thing but then...maybe I am blind and not creative enough :P.

Anyway, if you need more info, ask. If I can I will provide it.

• Root Admin

Ok, maybe I should give some more info on illusions and their tags so people would understand what we're dealing with at the moment.

There are lots of illusions and they can be combined. This results in quite a big number of tags and descriptions (I've notice that for example a description is applied to several different tags - I don't know how the code is but looks like some sort of a combination). If you really start playing with them you'll end up with a sh***load of tags which are not unique or original (check the bots and you might find your illusion tag/description attached to one of them). Do we want this? Personally, I prefer tags that make me part of a group (like the Sky Scouter or the land militia) or my own tags.

I don't really see a potential role that could derive from such a thing but then...maybe I am blind and not creative enough :P.

Anyway, if you need more info, ask. If I can I will provide it.

Agreed.

Furthermore, how would you like it if your enemy suddenly gained your lands tags because of illusions?

• 3 weeks later...

That's redundand.

I think it's a nice balance between secretly pumping points into a tag you shouldn't have all the time and not having access to it at all. Allowing players to only put points into the Illusion's tag when they are in the illusion comes at a cost.

• They will be stuck in the illusion, players will KNOW if they're trying to do a takeover via tag(if that's possible)
  • Less points for their "real" tags that the player would want to put lots of points into

i am also not certain if this should be feature or not..... i'll observe this discussion for now.

Tag value will be determined by how much time you spent keeping it active, and there will also be other ways to increase its score...so question is..should someone that had such a tag, hard enough to get, be granted a chance to turn it into a role or not...at least thats how i see it for now

I think Mur perhaps means keeping it active through illusion, so your points would only increase whilst maintaining that specific illusion.

I may be wrong though, so please do correct if I am!

In my opinion though:

Illusion: Nounan instance of a wrong or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience.

An illusion is temporary, an "instance", not something that is permanent. If you plan on turning an illusion into a permanent role then make it extremely hard. Make it so the illusion must be maintained for an extraordinarily long time. That way it is no longer an illusion, it will have become a reality.

Edited by Sasha Lilias

• 5 months later...