LHO Spells practically useless

Sasha Lilias

It's been bugging me for a while so now I'll voice my opinion.

Both spells 'hearthepoor' and 'helpthepoor' are quite literally useless most of the time. I'm not sure what the exact age range of them are but they only work on those that are 30 days old or less.

Now, I can understand the MP limit, as once a character reaches MP4 they've "progression wise" shown a level of competency where they don't need further coddling. However, I feel that the days requirement is a bit of a joke though, really.

There have been a few times now where I've tried hearing a question that's been asked, so that I can try and answer, and find that they're too old, or tried giving them a little VE boost and they've been "too old". This is the same with "movetheyoungling", though this seems to work on players a 100 AD or less?

I, personally, think that a limit on MP3 only is enough though, if needed, raise the active days to 100/150 AD for all LHO spells that are designed to help the newer players. 30 days doesn't seem all that much really and quite often people still need help after those days.

Granted that it's not something urgently needed nor frequently used, but it just seems a bit pointless of a spell when there is such a low limit to age.

These are just my views and opinions though and I'd happily listen to other's views. Perhaps I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective and missing some obvious reasons as to the age limit?

Edited by Sasha Lilias

Both spells 'hearthepoor' and 'helpthepoor' are quite literally useless most of the time. I'm not sure what the exact age range of them are but they only walk work on those that are 30 days old or less.

no they need to be younger than 30 days. ive tryed to use it on some one with 15AD and it didnt do it. said they were to old

How long do most players stay MP3 nowadays?

I remember when I first arrived, I came with a "batch" of others and we all advanced as soon as we could (MP4's at 6-7 AD I think). The point is: MP3 is the "tutorial" or basics learning stage. The actual learning and exploring takes place at MP4, unless the person decides to stay at MP3, which is very rare.

My point: Requirements should be AD-restricted only, not mindpower.

Second thing, yes, I do believe 30 AD is too short for heartthepoor and helpthepoor. On the other hand, 100AD is more than enough to bring anybody out of the "I am clueless!" stage, so I think nothing more than 100 AD for any spell.

I remember when I first arrived, I came with a "batch" of others and we all advanced as soon as we could (MP4's at 6-7 AD I think). The point is: MP3 is the "tutorial" or basics learning stage. The actual learning and exploring takes place at MP4, unless the person decides to stay at MP3, which is very rare.

Exactly. Whilst they are learning the very basics, learning the ins and outs of fighting, moving around, etc, then that is when we should be helping them. Not if they wish to rush through MP3 to get to MP4, without taking proper time to learn about what they're doing; that is then their choice

Where is your proof to say this is rare? Right now I see TheTigerLady - 30AD and Asthir - 419AD. I think it's impossible to say what is or isn't "rare" as it depends solely on the person in question. As there have been few new players lately it makes it even harder to say.

If active days, however, were raised, and it was to solely come down to this requirement, then it would encompass both the possibility of them making a rather (in my opinion) poor decision of rushing MP3 or if they decide to stay on at that level.

Either way I would strongly recommend raising the active days bar to 100.

• Root Admin

Ann. 2728 - [2013-08-27 20:27:47 - Stage 12] - Permalink - Posted By Chewett 
Movetheyoungling LHO spell will now be effective on players up to 100 active days. This is to help LHO's retrieve those who have wandered into the maze and similar places.

Some spells will say the user is too young, when actually you have typed them wrong, its because they are old and rubbish.

What do you use hearthepoor/helpthepoor for?

Hearthepoor obviously let's us hear what has been said by new players, how this could be useful varies depending on the situation: from trying to help with an earlier question when no one was around, to logging abuse or foul language.

Helpthepoor, as I've been led to believe, increases the VE and AP of a player by a little amount, helpful to them when stuck in a location or just needing that little extra "boost".

I specifically have rarely used the hearthepoor spell but have tried on many occasions to help young ones out with helpthepoor, to no avail.

• 4 months later...

hearthepoor and helpthepoor  LHO spell - No limit, No mp required, No ages as long the player needs help. Sometimes old player want to come back MD and lost so this LHO spell can carry to those needs HELP. 

Hoping you like it.