Bird creature and the Nest

Blackshade Rider

I am posting this cause Bfh encourage me on this. I was thinking the bird creature you can recruit in MB should be moved to the nest you find on the side of the cliff when you go underground. I feel it is only right. Here is my logic to this.

When you recruit the creature (I believe its called a winder wild mine I named differently) it starts off as an egg. So why not recruit this creature from a birds nest cause it is after all a bird. The nest that is there currently has no use. I also feel this would help spread out the creatures a little bit and make it more of an experience and also make more of an adventure for new players recruiting this bird creature. I believe it cost 7000 vp to get this creature along with the other stats it cost to get. Im not saying lower the price. Im saying move this creature to the nest. I feel its only natural and I feel it would fit better in this place and better fit MD.

Please share your view points on this.
Thank you
-Rider

Hrm... Being that the Crit simply Boost that which is already there, i can see it being almost a Neutral fighter... a perfect candidate for NML.

I agree with you Rider. A good call indeed.

And, hey, i have about thir... er, a lot of bird eggs, just all cozy in one big bag if we need to... "Jumpstart" the population of Birds, id be happy to uh... help breed mine :3

Well to be honest I dont really know anything about the bird. But I do know it has wings. So what if that nest was just like its breeding ground. And thats the nest it lays its eggs in. Ill be honest I havent fully prepared a complete proposal it was a quik random thought but. I think the relationship between the two is connected in a way I mean the tunnels do run underneath NML I do believe im not sure. I should probably do a little more research but I am on my phone outta town and my phone is slow lol

Ability-wise, the birdie is helpful for young players, not only at max level, to learn about combat. Its aura and boost, although not crucial, are useful at times (farming vp shouldn't be the debate here, I think). By putting the bird in there, you force new players to solve the puzzle and thus making them obtain the winderwild at a later date. Can't say it's okay, but not a big issue, either. Mixed thoughts about this.

As for where it should belong, it shares a link with MB and, imo, none with NML.

Bottom line: not really against removing it from MB (althought I don't see a reason why it should be removed), but I think if you want to make it a NML crit, you'll have to make some changes in the scene to suit it.

• Root Admin

I think you are overlooking crucial thing in all this. Winderwild is probably equally important to MB as Angiens are. Wind's Sanctuary has Winderwild head on top of it. Feathery wings are sort of MB symbol of freedom

Reconsider this before you continue to suggest that they be moved :)

Well what if it wasnt moved but it was made available at that location as well as in mb?

Migration of Winderwilds? :D

Its a neat idea, and if you can make this happen, possibly via AL and using some awesome reasons, that would be incredible...

Start with:   What would cause such a movement/migration? And why?

Then think of how to do it.... and so forth. 

Edited by DARK DEMON

Do note that Elementals are recruitable at two places (although not sure why, there ain't really any reasoning for it other than that's how it's always been), in MB and LR. Another note is that according to creat description, Grasans originate from Hollow Den.

Edited by Ary Endleg

Elementals always reminded me of the big forest spirit/deer god from Princess Mononoke that took life and gave life. Nevermind other similarities with loreroot things.

Looking forward to ideas about a partial migration. The idea is interesting and perhaps dangerous. Though keep in mind it may be unlikely to happen.

Do note that Elementals are recruitable at two places (although not sure why, there ain't really any reasoning for it other than that's how it's always been), in MB and LR. Another note is that according to creat description, Grasans originate from Hollow Den.

I speculate that in the middle of the folded up dodecahedron there is a thirteenth land from which the (non-angien) egg creatures origninated. They probably started out as elemental eggs but as they were pulled out of Land Thirteen by the same force that keeps us on the ground (not gravity, gravity doesn't work like that when we're on the inside of a "hollow planet") and adapted to their lands becoming Toxicodendrites in LR and Winderwilds in MB.

Yes I have noticed that elementals are also in loreroot. I think in a migration the winderwild would had migrated due to war or tragic envents that may have took place in MB. (If I remember correctly there was a war that happened in MB. uunless it was somewhere else I'm not too sure)

(but here are some reasons as to why it could migrate. 1) if I am not mistaken by the cliffs where the nest is there is an ocean where waves splash. it could go here due to feeding there certain times of the year if there is not enough food. 2) it could go here due to mating during certain times of the year.3)like I said above war or tragic event could also possibly make it migrated to this area.

but if it were to migrate to this area I feel it would only be able to fit properly and balance it out properly in this one area due to its nature. It is a bird like creature that lays eggs so why not have it in a nest. It would make more sense I think and I also think it would make it more adventurous for newer players. I understand that it is important to MB but I feel the change would be good for MD

One could also consider a subspecies of the Winderwild.

Think of it this way: creatures are recruited: this leads (at least) me to believe that, in a way, they are tamed.

You can add a wild subspecies in the nest. One that's more difficult to "recruit" due to having to "tame" it, first.

No, RP items are intended to be non-functional and hence fall under the "common" category.

A side thought: doesn't the taming of knators happen after you buy them --- while leveling them up? (rather than before you buy them...)

And I think what Myth meant by being wild was that the GG "species" should have higher costs when recruiting, right?

Honestly, all the specifics can be decided later/during the creation of such a quest/story.

If you want me to sugarcoat it for you:

[spoiler]

You have ideas from us. Like Rophs suggested, berries can be grown on GG which attract Winderwilds, or a war happened which caused Winderwilds to migrate. Now make it happen. How? It can be anything, be creative. Want an example? Personally I'd do something like create quests until I can get permission/trust for A25 tools to create one quest. Then I'd form a storyline related to berries in GG, or maybe a disease that affects Winderwilds in MB, etc, I don't know.

Just like in the other Hounds topic, it seems like you are asking us to do it for you (or get it coded for you) which shouldn't be the case.

You got approval of the idea from the community, and nobody is against it, it means now you can proceed on doing it, and you will get support where needed. So go ahead, and inform us of your endeavors as you progress!

BUT, don't think that it will happen overnight.

Another hint: Many players used to open up log topics on the forums where they posted their RP stuff. Perhaps you can do the same.

[/spoiler]

Edited by DARK DEMON

And I think what Myth meant by being wild was that the GG "species" should have higher costs when recruiting, right?

I was indeed thinking of higher requirements, but combined with a different form of recruitment, much like Rophs' suggestion, which just sparked the following:

- new puzzle, A25 style

- to avoid spoilers: puzzle would revolve around mixing player DNA string with A25 tools, making it unique for every account

- reward: possibility to recruit new creature

As for the creature... had a few thoughts while I was trying to sleep. :P Not about the  name/art/description, but about what a bird like that could be used for.

- I was thinking of it as having half the stats of a Winderwild - some dwarf version of it, its evolution being hampered by the difficulties of its migration.

- Now, even upon taming, the bird would remain partially wild, meaning that there would be a very slight chance that it would attack your own troops.

- However, to make up for that wild behavior, remove the aura of the Winderwild and replace it with an ability triggered on damage dealt to creature of equal or lower level. (pecking at their eyes, and stuff like that)

- Ability: Blind - Target goes berserk, having a fix X% chance of inflicting friendly damage. Works on "living" targets.

Edit 1: I wouldn't give this creature the ability to hit more than one target at a time. :P

Edit 2: To add a bit to the DNA string + A25 tools idea - I'm thinking of nightshade, and how it helps you see certain stuff. Playing around with it some more, and somehow involving the DNA string would "reveal" these birds, which were apparently always there, just unseen due to some mutation they went through during their migration.

Edited by Myth

I like the idea asthir.................................. And Dark Demon if you honestly think I am trying to just have people do this for me then you are sadly mistaken. I have not asked anyone to do anything for me I have simply asked for help and better knowledgement on the subjects so that when I go to do it I will have a full understanding on the matter. if you think that's what I am trying to do DD then I please ask you not to comment on the matter if that's how you feel. I have never done codeing so I feel I should ask as much as possible before I try implementing anything DD so like I said if you honestly think im trying to get other people to do it then you need to rethink. I appreciate the help you are trying to provide DD but im not gonna take that negativity.

Anyways on another note Asthir why would you choose it to have different abilities? I could get if it was more vp and ve to obtain one but  why change the creature all together?

I like the idea asthir.................................. And Dark Demon if you honestly think I am trying to just have people do this for me then you are sadly mistaken. I have not asked anyone to do anything for me I have simply asked for help and better knowledgement on the subjects so that when I go to do it I will have a full understanding on the matter. if you think that's what I am trying to do DD then I please ask you not to comment on the matter if that's how you feel. I have never done codeing so I feel I should ask as much as possible before I try implementing anything DD so like I said if you honestly think im trying to get other people to do it then you need to rethink. I appreciate the help you are trying to provide DD but im not gonna take that negativity.

Funny how you read exactly that one line and ignored everything else. All I meant was that getting others to do stuff isn't what should happen.

Best of luck in your goals. I'll stop talking now.

Edited by DARK DEMON

Story wise: the creature would have went through changes during its migration. This part i stated in the above post. :p

Mechanics wise: I quite fancy an alltogether new ability being implemented; something completely new to the fighting system - somewhat unorthodox even, if I may call it that.