Quest WP rewarding discussion

DARK DEMON

@nim

you are making this contest as a mockery to mine, ...thats sad ..and its even more sad to see others participating in this frustration when it comes to question the obvious things around you. I was hoping you people where more open minded than the general crowds

however, anyone that has wp to give can give them for whatever contest they can think of thats actually a contest and not a way to cover personal rewards.... so be careful to run this fake contest as a real contest if you intend to give wishpoints for it. have fun.

Have you read the actual topic and posts? This is a "lol-thread", not a brain stresser

Edited by DARK DEMON

I think that subject doesn't really fit with the "obvious" part. Soon we will be discussing how JFK actually wasn't assassinated but rather he was some covert agent and that was extraction mission... anyhow pointless to talk about since PRISM is watching and if we come near truth with solid proof against their story they will intervene :P same with this moon landing.

If you are serious with wp, then this is valid contest and should be moved to that section.

Maybe this should be moved to heated discussions because you think Mur's contest isn't really worth of giving out wps and this is your protest, yet I wonder how nobody complains when wps are awarded for scene decoration quest or story writings for example. If that's the case then this is discussion about what does deserve wp awarding and what doesn't.

But if this is just mockery, mockery is form of insult and as such is against rules and hence it should be closed, also you are on private property.

Nim tell me what do you think that I as mod should to do with this topic? Can this contest be voided and closed or you prefer one of other 2 options?

Edited by Ary Endleg

• Root Admin

if its a "lol-thread" as you call it then it should not have a wp reward ...if it has such a reward and the reward goes to a joke, i will consider this contest a fraud and Nim will get a private tour to the jail. Simple as that.

The part of this being an insult i leave behind

yeah i don't think historic things should be part of any 'question the obvious' kind of contest, but anyone can do what contests they like as long as its a real contest. For now this contest is valid..not the smartest choice of the subject but it can lead to a valid debate even so. The fact that someone takes for granted such a thing ..enough to make a joke out of it, as if its 'absolutely impossible not to be true' ..makes it even more suitable as a 'question the obvious' contest.

I never said this was a lol quest. I am pretty serious about it. This is not a mockery either. I first came to know about this theory in 10th grade. Your quest sparked interest in me and I decided to put up this quest. If I wanted to give people a reward for being idiotic, I'd already have rewarded DD or aeo or grido for it. But I didnt. This is definitely a serious quest. I intend for it to stay and serious answers challenging the theory, for thinking out of the box, will be rewarded.

BTW mur, totally unrelated to the quest, what pissed me of was you giving a wishpoint reward for people entertaining your field of thought, totally unrelated to MD. In my experience, wishpoint rewarding has been dealt with pretty strictly in the past. So its kinda unfair that way. Earth's flatness has nothing to do with md.

Also, I am not much of a physics/ metaphysics person but I have plenty of respect for Newton, Einstein, Galileo and Stephen Hawkings and have faith in their beliefs.

Edited by Nimrodel

Problem with validity in my eyes was that you were taking joke entries as valid above....

Why would wp quest have to be related to md? As if Mur's quests are the only ones that cross that "boundary" :rolleyes: just pointing it out, I could go dig.

Edited by Ary Endleg

Murs quest never even entered the boundary lol. Find me 10 MD quests which did not enter the boundaries of MD at all and wishpoints were rewarded. I will give you 1g for it ary.

I know of a number of those...

But to be honest, several are Mur's, again :))

Won't make a fortune out of you, though, I'm just selling my ass for WPs :D

I just might go dig them, even though you pay for 10, just one non Mur's quest of such is enough to prove my point especially if no complaints were risen and if it wasn't rigged, isn't it? (also what if said quest rewarded more than 1 wp? should we count number of wps or number of quests? :P )

Consequently, shouldn't the rules of all quests be more laid out and actually make impact on game/characters/events rather than just be imaginary unconnected parts? For instance bunch of "MP8" type of quests like plant a tree, craft a drach etc have no tie with ingame anything besides reward and maybe being md thematic (since I do hope you sculpt actual drach rather than dragons from skyrim for example). Then there are those so called "art" quests, story quests and similar that aren't connected with game reality nor are meant to influence any type of ingame change.

It's sad that many quests are like "lets do something that could be fun and reward the best one". In my eyes real quests should actually make impact on game/characters/events, be actually in touch with roleplay, make things alive and going, or at very least be useful to real person playing the game or the world around her (talking about mp8 type, even though I dislike those). WP or not there are bunch of quests that don't fulfill any of my last sentence yet they do fulfill everything in first sentence of this paragraph and I think it's a bigger problem.

• Root Admin

I always did quests about things not directly md related... and i see no problem with it at all..and i am not the only one doing it either. A quest unrelated to md is not the same thing with a fake quest, idk what the problem is.

Thinking outside the box, having personal opinions and being creative in finding solutions are and always will be "related" to md, therefore the quests is along those lines.

The only real judge of quest quality are you those that participate in it , and the level of involvement you show...speaking of that, this topic starts to derail

As I said in the other thread, since you are OK with a wp quest not being MD themed, that allows me expand my quest creation borders.

Ary please don't be sad that there aren't many quests of the sort you want. Create an example by creating one. I am curious about how you'd incorporate your ideas.

Also, clear the thread please.

I didn't wanted to join this topic, but I have to protect the Quest Creators, in this case Nim.

So, please read it careful and try to understand that it is our best interest to keep things under control.

Consequently, shouldn't the rules of all quests be more laid out and actually make impact on game/characters/events rather than just be imaginary unconnected parts? For instance bunch of "MP8" type of quests like plant a tree, craft a drach etc have no tie with ingame anything besides reward and maybe being md thematic (since I do hope you sculpt actual drach rather than dragons from skyrim for example). Then there are those so called "art" quests, story quests and similar that aren't connected with game reality nor are meant to influence any type of ingame change.

All those quests have something related to MD : "MD" has to be present in pictures & proof that it is yours or it is discussed / presented / role played in MD.

I always did quests about things not directly md related... and i see no problem with it at all..and i am not the only one doing it either. A quest unrelated to md is not the same thing with a fake quest, idk what the problem is.

Thinking outside the box, having personal opinions and being creative in finding solutions are and always will be "related" to md, therefore the quests is along those lines.

The only real judge of quest quality are you those that participate in it , and the level of involvement you show...speaking of that, this topic starts to derail

Forum "quests" with no requirements, no announcements and no judges ... is Mur's specialty. He and he alone does that. He did that since the very beginning and this is how MD started and how MD works. Only that sometimes they are called "favors" , "gifts", "experiments", "features", "tests" and so on.

True, many tried but ... lets face it: no judges means that you pass WPs as you please (on personal reasons) which is abuse and it was fought against.

So, without disrespect to Mur ... he is forgetting stuff, so you should regard his behavior as his privilege. If Mur will try to push this idea "The only real judge of quest quality are you those that participate in it" ... the he should be reminded of RPCs that traded WPs ... because they could.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/15554-a-seemingly-impossible-challenge/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/14976-find-the-hidden-number/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/8495-unachieved-simple-wishes/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13983-dom-first-experience/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13595-music-journal/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13583-quest-chinese-riddles/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/13143-carving-contest-2012/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9918-3-word-story-quite-random-but-so-beautiful-teary-eyes/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/7589-limerick-contest/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6929-a-writers-soul/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/6988-a-comedians-soul/

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/1828-solve-this/

There's actually quite a lot of quests that don't specifically have "crossing MD borders" as a requirement... :P

1. - Thread closed. No reward given.

2-  Mur Quest

3. MUr Quest

4. This quest Happened according to MD geography. It was a really awesome quest. One of the most enjoyable games in MD. I wish Dan was still around to host it.

5. No Wishpoint

6. No wishpoint

7. This quest ran under the theme of Halloween celebrations in MD. Also, sieg tried to troll it :P.

8. No wishpoint

9. No wishpoint

10. No wishpoint

11. This was about an MD character. It didnt have a wp reward.

12. No wishpoint reward.

Please read what I said before you post a list of Quests :P

1. - Thread closed. No reward given.
2-  Mur Quest
3. MUr Quest
4. This quest Happened according to MD geography. It was a really awesome quest. One of the most enjoyable games in MD. I wish Dan was still around to host it.
5. No Wishpoint
6. No wishpoint
7. This quest ran under the theme of Halloween celebrations in MD. Also, sieg tried to troll it :P.
8. No wishpoint
9. No wishpoint
10. No wishpoint
11. This was about an MD character. It didnt have a wp reward.
12. No wishpoint reward.

Please read what I said before you post a list of Quests :P

My point was, many quests are made that have no connection to MD, all rewarding different types of rewards. What's the difference between awarding a drachorn or WP for a non-related quest? A reward is a reward at the end of the day? Given to someone for good work?

I don't get why that has to be a barrier between in game or out of game so long as it's us as a community?

• Root Admin

A wishpoint is important as the things it "buys" are not available to buy from prettymuch any sources.

A wishpoint is to be given for hard work and actual achievement within MD. In the past it was given out by RPC's and represented the highest reward available. It is still worth a decent amount due to the unique things you can obtain with them.

Keeping them vaguely hard to get is important :)

All those quests have something related to MD : "MD" has to be present in pictures & proof that it is yours or it is discussed / presented / role played in MD.

My question is how does that relation to MD actually improve anything ingame / gameplay? Basically it can be broken down to "doing something and putting MD sticker on it". I don't see value in such quests.

I don't see how could quest such as "write short poem with X theme and record yourself" be valid quest for any kind of reward no matter how fair judging is. Those kind of quests have no effort on behalf of quest "maker", it literally took that person 10 seconds to come up with it just because he felt he has rewards to give out.

Such stuff aren't quests, it's more of a "entertain me and I'll throw you some gifts"

A wishpoint is important as the things it "buys" are not available to buy from prettymuch any sources.

A wishpoint is to be given for hard work and actual achievement within MD. In the past it was given out by RPC's and represented the highest reward available. It is still worth a decent amount due to the unique things you can obtain with them.

Keeping them vaguely hard to get is important :)

There's always harder way to get those same stuff. WPs make it easier to obtain and lower the amount of work for game master. It's easier to do some quests and earn wps to buy spell that you could incorporate into your role than it is to actually play your role and eventually obtain it. But anyhow since wps are there people don't waste their custom rewards on such stuff, they of course go for custom/unique or powerful (wpshop unavailable) reward.

Custom rewards are the current highest and most esteemed as well as most wanted rewards, something that I personally think wps should be and were meant to be in start yet they got degraded into wpshop. But currently MD isn't ready for it anyway, because having something rarely given out and hard to earn are two very different things yet both have same statistical result hence it being not the way it should.