What kind of fillable clickables and where to place

Muratus del Mur

• Root Admin

The new type of clickables that allow you to fill them with items of a set type then generate an other item, or perform a certain function, are great for convertng basic resources into advanced resources, or to store grass into a haystack or even convert silver into gold. They also allow distilling of fruits into drinks, or even creating a sanctuary where flowers in certain numbers can be converted into a revive item (but this is for the caretakers to decide). There are many uses of this new featre. Imagine it could use whatever material to create a creature totem..that in turn can be revived into a creature! From obvious uses to less obvious but amazing ideas, i am open to your suggestions as to where to place such fillable clickes and what should they do. Of course artworks are needed for the new items..i can try to provide some as usual, but if you could provide both the artwork and the ideea, that would be amazing, and fir sure it will be rewarded. Keep in mind that the purpose is to lower the huge resource amounts currently on the market, and store them into more valuable but lower in number items. The items or resources created with this new feature will be used later for the item combiners to create even more exciting stuff.

The fillable clickies can do more than just convert one item into an other, they can do lots of things with the loaded item. They could even be used to construct a building out of wood! or open a portal or build a bridge... the uses are unlimited. I do need the more obvious and simple ideas at first, those that feel natural to be found in md, not the fancy stuff that requires custom coding. Also remember that this is not about combining more item types into one, but a single type into something else, be it item or why not, even the effect of a spell.

Sand -> heated into glass -> enough glass then can create empty flasks. Then, with the second level resoruces/items, is an other story, one that will make sense once the item combiners are fully tested and functional (not sure if they are already or not!)

Ideas that will get implemented will be rewarded nicely. If you provide artwork that fits with md style and is original (done by you or comissioned for this purpose), it is more likely that i will implement that idea and that you will receive a nice reward.

Even without a reward, you will be helping md become better. Please provide with each suggestion a drawing or a picture of the item you think of (so i can draw similar) and very important, the coordinates of the location where you think this can fit. Use just the exsiting resources, don't assume it will use resources not yet existing.

Good luck, have fun and thank you

Mineral water > Purified Salts 
Clickable could look like a large basin for water to dry in. IDK where to place it.

Sawdust > Mottled Paper (3rd step >Coloured Paper)
Clickable should look like a press, could be somewhere in the Archives?

Bones > Bone Beads (I'd add a 3rd step here >Bone Charm)
Could be just a simple chisel left in the Defensive Quarters in LR (because of the big table).

Unidentified Herbs > Mixed Herbal Spices
Pestle and Mortar at Sanctuary View

Lumber > Wooden Plank
Table with wood saw, somewhere with a lot of space. 

Overall suggestion:

Mur, could all these clickables be downsized or 'put into perspective', rather than always be very large at the front of the scene ((sau cum satan se zice 'in prim plan')). I think the reason why they're somewhat dislikeable is because these clickables always are very bulky and cover up a lot of the scene. Where possible, they could be placed 'in the distance'.

Will add more ideas when I get them.

In general I think the fillable clickables should should still be very muh at the bottom of the production chain, followed by item combiners and finally using cauldrons to make final high level items/effects.

For one of the distilleries:

Mineral Water -> Water

Flowers -> Flower Essence

Aromatic Herbs -> Aromatic Oil

... Loreroot?:

Unidentified Plants -> Compost

A mortar and pestil:

Bones -> Bone Meal

Somewhere at the Graveyard at Berserker's Charge:

Bones -> Headless Skeleton (Later to be combined with a skull for a full skeleton)

• Root Admin
37 minutes ago, Miq said:

Rainwater <> water would be nice. 

Making rainwater turn into water would be fine. The other way I would disagree with. Rainwater is purer

23 minutes ago, Aeoshattr said:

I think this should actually give a random herb from a set. With some herbs rarer than others. the idea being that you identify the herb.

Alembic; Mineral Water --> Mineral Salts and Water

Location = GG (Location tbc)

http://imgur.com/D4X9nor

Giant pestle and Mortar; Bones --> Bone Dust

Location = Paper Cabin Roof

http://imgur.com/dxCxhNt

Heavy weights; Bone Dust --> Chalk

Location = Loreroot (Location tbc)

Disclosure: I know it may be hard to tell...but I'm no artist. :P

(Will add more 'Soon')

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Aeoshattr said:

I think I will do this one, well use the unidentified herbs so kinda different.

I think we need a book of herbs to "identify" specific herbs.

Edited by Chewett

I am excited about this, especially the identifying the herbs. There are also different kinds of aromatic herbs and different kinds of tea leaves. But breaking down the tea leaves might be a bit much. Also there are different kinds of flowers: Roses, lavender, chamomile... that can also be used as herbs; other kinds of flowers like sunflowers (the seeds can be used as a food source), zinnias, tulips, etc... Some flowers could have other specific uses or abilities.

Though I have a question with these fillible items, if you have over the amount where its max is 20 but you have to give all 200 of your resources... Do you lose the rest that go over the 20 or is the 200 divided by 20 or does it just take the 20 and give the rest back?

I will post ideas and picture later today. :D   

Some of these are made based off of others ideas above and then others are ones that have not been mentioned. 

Images A-C obtained from identifying the plants:

A is a cotton boll. If you get enough cotton perhaps cloth, gauze, or other such items could be made later.

B is a batch of flax or close enough in design to also be straw. If enough flax is gathered then natural paper could be made (It would not be white paper since that takes bleaching the fibers).

C is wheat, two products could come from wheat, flour and straw. 

[log=Items A-C]

Wj4BIxb.png

[/log]

D is a mortar and pestle. To go with some ideas that others posted

E is an herbarium book used to identify plants

[log=Items D-E]

pGuAFfq.png

[/log]

F is a grinder, used to grind seed or other items

G is a stone tablet, made from memory stones or can become an enchanted stone tablet by using numerous spell stones. The difference from normal memory stones is that it can record all the casts that a player has and an enchanted stone tablet made with spell stones records all the casts in each of those stones. 

H is a flask of liquid fenths, used to substitute higher level resource in the creation of useable items. 

I is a glass dome where you have to have a specific number of glass. The dome can be used multiple times to protect a resource from being harvested. 

J is a smelter, melt down minerals, sand, glass, or fenths into higher level resources. 

[log=Items F-J]

5etw6AE.png

[/log]

Wiiya should be used to help restore the identity of a creature trapped inside of a totem

Fenths should be used to help restore the body of a creature trapped inside of a totem

Edited by Rophs

7 hours ago, Chewett said:

I think this should actually give a random herb from a set. With some herbs rarer than others. the idea being that you identify the herb.

7 hours ago, Chewett said:

I think I will do this one, well use the unidentified herbs so kinda different.

I think we need a book of herbs to "identify" specific herbs.

Are you saying for a constant number X of unidentified herbs you'll get some Y herbs of a random type, where Y is decided by the rarity of that type? And that you if you have a Book of Herbs item, then you can select the type rather than have it selected at random for you?

I like that idea.

• Root Admin

First of all i can't reply to all your questions , is too much to write. But i read all and i will post here some general replies and the ideas i liked so far.;

you are missing the point here, this is NOT the item COMBINER. This is an item that uses one single material/item of any sort, to obtain a result of any sort, be it item , item with functionality attached to it, spell, or feature that can be used imediately after item is filled.

Imagine you have a canister, you fill it with fuel, then when ready you can make it go boom (sick example and non mdrelated but hope it helps somehow).

for now here are the ideas that i liked or at least pointed to to something i can actually implement. Please note that Chew might chose his own prefered ideas and implement them independently of me:

(my replies are in bold, lila those i will do...the rest are just "maybe")

=======

Flowers -> Flower Essence

(i want to keep flowers for reviving purposes for now)

Aromatic Herbs -> Aromatic Oil

( i would say perfume, maybe even use flowers afterall, but PERFUME is a decent second level resource to cosnider)

Bones -> Headless Skeleton (Later to be combined with a skull for a full skeleton)

YES, i love this, can be a way to assamble a skeleton and then later on use the combiner to create a skeleton creature

aethon

Giant pestle and Mortar; Bones --> Bone Dust  - Location = Paper Cabin Roof 

( ok we can use same resource to convert it into multiple resulting things depending on whenre and how you combine them. bone dust can be used for glue later)

aeoshattr

(DONE BY CHEW)  

Chew said he will do this, but my observations are: out of many unidentified herbs, just a jarr of box or whatever of herbal spices should come out, remember many converted to one

junior

Bushies > orange JUICE (absolutely a yes, this will make it interesting because bushies are hard to gether when anyone can steal your progress . I like the use of bushies, but maybe not orange juice, but something related to bushies otherwise. Juice is by definition something that expires and it will be to expensive to make just to expire, unless it offers a significant advantage?)

• Root Admin

Again, i appreciate you are being creative but try to fit in the technical capabilities of the feature. I can make it do anything afterall, but i would really like to see that you start having ideas that fit, not just ideas that sound cool but technically have nothign to do with what i requested

concept examples:

Many low level resources => into one higher level resource

Many common items => into one functional item

whatever items available in unlimited supply from gathering or shop => to activate a power on that clickabel (travel portal for example, if you fill it with enough pickles )

timeless dust filled in a clicky will push forward stats of a crit stored in a totem ,how? by providing an item that does that as a result.

bad examples:

100 items abc => 100 items xyz

not good, we need to have many result in few.

other bad example:

various items => something

why? only one item per fillable clicky. For multiple items you have item combiners, cauldrons