Pure Gold, Uncut Diamonds and Lonsdaleite Shards

Personally i believe real use translates to value, with time spent to create & rarity being a bit of icing on the usage cake.

Pure Gold has a use, being able to be subbed in for payment on tools that require any item with the word "gold" in it to function.

Brilliant Diamonds while not exactly rare do take a month (if memory serves) to craft into their final form. This, in turn, gives it value.

Lonsdaleite Shards at the moment of my writing and to the extent of my knowledge do not have an actual use, they are simply rare. Thus, this holds some value, but it is below Brilliant Diamonds which are below Pure Gold.

If i had to personally come up with a simple, effective, and easily understood scale for these 3 items from their final forms to Gold, it would be as follows.

10 Pure Gold = 1 Gold Coin. Farming Pure Gold is completely RNG based, with the only factor truly affecting it being where youre mining. Farming 10 Pure Gold could take you 1 month or it could take you 3. Youre essentially gambling with time with this farming method. (This would be solely for the Pure Gold to Gold Coin transfer, as they get consumed in entire stacks when used to trigger items, their use for item trigger caps out at 1 regardless of amount hoarded) 

3 Brilliant Diamonds = 1 Gold Coin. This is a static income, if applied can be used to create 4 gold coins a year if not a single day of mining/smelting is wasted (Again, assuming memory serves and Brilliant Diamonds take just 1 month to craft). Not luck based as youll farm over the amount of uncut diamonds needed to make 1 Brilliant Diamond long before your previous Brilliant Diamond is finished crafting.

20 Lonsdaleite Shards = 1 Gold Coin. Purely an (at the current moment) aesthetic collectors item. Could be used for RP purposes or to attempt to make a new creature, but as far as in game mechanics go (to the extent of my knowledge) they serve no concrete purpose. Based purely on its rarity and nothing else, i believe this to be a fair item to coin conversion rate.

• Root Admin

At the end of the day, if someone gives you X for Y, then at that point, to you both, one values X at Y, and one values Y at X.

I personally wouldnt give you anything for diamonds or shards. But that doesnt mean its worthless, and doesnt mean someone else would.

If you want to start setting values, put your money where your mouth is, start offering coin for said items :)

Will you give me gold for the shards and the diamonds Fang?

• 2 months later...

These items will only start to have real value after we have a method to process them in currency. Such as to turn Pure Gold into Gold Coins. Currently the Uncut diamond can be processed, but the waiting time for the process is so long that it becomes more a collector's item than currency. In other hand, this may decrease the value of the current currency (Coins). If more people own the currency less value it has, it's the inflation.

On 5/26/2018 at 4:23 AM, Chewett said:

At the end of the day, if someone gives you X for Y, then at that point, to you both, one values X at Y, and one values Y at X.

I personally wouldnt give you anything for diamonds or shards. But that doesnt mean its worthless, and doesnt mean someone else would.

If you want to start setting values, put your money where your mouth is, start offering coin for said items :)

Will you give me gold for the shards and the diamonds Fang?

Personally i wouldn't but I'd value them at prior explained pricing. I have the time and means to farm them on my own so I would do so and invest time instead of money.

19 hours ago, Dhyone said:

These items will only start to have real value after we have a method to process them in currency. Such as to turn Pure Gold into Gold Coins. Currently the Uncut diamond can be processed, but the waiting time for the process is so long that it becomes more a collector's item than currency. In other hand, this may decrease the value of the current currency (Coins). If more people own the currency less value it has, it's the inflation.

One could require of coin, in a gemcutter's fee, to perform the cut of a Diamond in mere moments. Similarly, one could require of coin in payment, to pay the goldsmith that doth cast of coin.

In this way, one could decrease of the coinage within the realm, and give of value to these. If it doth take of ten silver to cast Pure Gold into Gold Coin, then the value of gold unsmelted should be as that of five silver pieces. Likewise, if it were so that diamonds did require of three gold pieces to cut, and within the realm did lie a Jeweler that did offer of five gold pieces in exchange of a Brilliant Diamond, then the value of an Uncut Diamond must then be of two gold pieces.

It were true that the value were merely that which one may exchange for it, yet, if there were beings within the realm that did pay, in coin, of these, then one should consider the value to be at minimum equivalent to that offered of the being.

Edited by Aia del Mana