Guardian of Tools

What do you mean, zero need for regulation? There is some need, since they are not given by tag dispatchers yet. 

it's true that right not there's no need for regulation...but add some dozen players that gather resources and there would be. 

(both sides are right, as it stands)

Not accounting for Necrovion Chaos (as it's not the norm, and will eventually pass [in fact I'm rather surprised it hasnt already]) the only ones that can walk freely in Necro atm are Lashtal and Samon, the later of which is dead. That means one person alone has free access to these tools, and said individual (as well as Samon it should be said) has an extreme understanding of these tools and their use as well as distribution when in need. Since literally only one person can currently get to these tools and use/distribute them as they see fit, I stand by my prior statement that there is zero need for regulation of these tools, and thus no need for a tool guardian for Necro. In time this could change if Necrovion were reopened to the public, then there would be a need for a Guardian there, but atm this is what it is.

• Root Admin
14 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

Not accounting for Necrovion Chaos (as it's not the norm, and will eventually pass [in fact I'm rather surprised it hasnt already])

Hi Fang, quick question, what gives you any knowledge on the current Necrovion situation?

9 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

Last i checked I spent a year+ Dead, and quite a bit of that time was used to conduct research in Necro as well as talking to Lash/Samon. If theres something I'm missing on this subject, please do use your words and state so publically.

What knowledge did you gain there? Anything interesting?

On the Necrovion chaos, I will make this official statement. Given the past activity of the shades, and the more recent Necrovion Rebels, it isn't entirely surprising that something has occurred to cause the chaos. Read through the most recent AL (whether you love it or hate it) and see the desperation. Something had to happen, and it did. What happens soon? well :D

As for "Its not open", have  you been in Necro recently? Looks pretty open to me.

-----------------------------

For everyone: Its always nice to see pride in your knowledge in the game. Mur and I love the theories and debates we have with players. But please remember to never tell people they don't know anything, or that you know the best.

Its very likely you don't know "the best" about something, Mur and I don't. There are some legitimately gifted players in MD who have managed to work out a wide range of secrets/lore that we have codified into the games and we are always happy to see more.

Sometimes we get ideas that while we hadn't considered, make perfect sense in MD. Then these become "canon" and we seek to integrate more hints about this new lore into the game. This is why I said Mur and I don't know everything, like everyone else.

Idling in a scene for a month, year, decade doesn't magically give you knowledge. Many land leaders in the past had no real understanding of the lore behind their land, and thats fine. Not all players care about the lore, even if they are fiercely defensive of their land.

Arguments, demanding people are wrong, and this kind of general vitriol is what upsets everyone. To quote a line of my favourite poem "Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit.".

We can be better than this, and we should be.

-----------------------------

To make a comment on the tools, I wont be giving out any tools for the current time. Unless someone can show me that a certain locations tools are being abused and the item is required.

You are welcome to make any and all comments here to persuade me. However, as I said above, this is my current criteria.

On the current situation, nothing. As soon as Chaos began I lost all interest in Necro personally, and that isnt meant to insult, it's just how it is.

As for knowledge gained, I swore to myself a good while back that (much like most of MD) any info i gain stays with me, it's nothing personal.

As to the Necros Open comment, technically yes it is, but anyone save the MD Gods, Necro Assassins, and Necro Fossils would be hard pressed to move around that land without massive ap boosts or MP6/7 due to their zero ap consumption on movement.

I for example could easily get to Necro (since I'm almost always either 6 or 7) and grab tools etc, but I respect Lashtals wishes to distribute the tools as he sees fit and refuse to meddle without some sort of great need/permission gained.

There is zero need for necro regulation tools until they get abused, so we agree on that :3

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Fang Archbane said:

On the current situation, nothing. As soon as Chaos began I lost all interest in Necro personally, and that isnt meant to insult, it's just how it is.

As for knowledge gained, I swore to myself a good while back that (much like most of MD) any info i gain stays with me, it's nothing personal.

As to the Necros Open comment, technically yes it is, but anyone save the MD Gods, Necro Assassins, and Necro Fossils would be hard pressed to move around that land without massive ap boosts or MP6/7 due to their zero ap consumption on movement.

I for example could easily get to Necro (since I'm almost always either 6 or 7) and grab tools etc, but I respect Lashtals wishes to distribute the tools as he sees fit and refuse to meddle without some sort of great need/permission gained.

There is zero need for necro regulation tools until they get abused, so we agree on that :3

I think you missed a key point there Fang. Attempting to shut down a conversation by stating you know spent x years and talked to Y person isnt really the discourse we want. If you dont want to discuss what you know, we can therefore only judge you on what you claim. We can all decide what we think of your experiance "a year+ Dead, and quite a bit of that time was used to conduct research in Necro as well as talking to Lash/Samon".

The whole attitude just aims to shut down a conversation by supposed superiority. Its wrong.

Now that doesnt excuse Neno from making the comment either. Which is also wrong. But clearly they dont consider your supposed knowledge of being dead as meaning anything. Given that I have seen no actual "knowledge" I an inclined to agree here, thats a personal opinion but hopefully you can see why others might also think its just a load of hot air.

I know you havent been massively active, but there was a lot of activity in Necro when The Chaos started. So its more open than you believe.

I didn't mean to suggest that I know everything about Necro, a lot of it is still a mystery to me. I meant I knew of the situation the necro tools are in, who can and cant freely walk through to the tools and back, and personally how I feel as to whether theyd abuse them or not. I came to the conclusion that they are highly unlikely to commit tool abuse, and thus we do not require the tools to be regulated via guardian. Once more, my sincerest apologies for any misunderstandings.

My research in Necro was mainly on mapping it all out while Dead and speaking with Lashtal/Samon about some things here and there. I can see how my statement was misunderstood but hopefully this clarifies.

• 3 weeks later...

Ave,

Since you all know i hate how roles die with people and also do not like to be holder of too many roles, i hereby resign from the Mt, Kelletha tools Guardian position.

This position has historically been given by GM's so if you find a new suitable candidate let me know and i'll transfer the tool.

As King of Golemus Golemicarum i also make a recommendation for Fang Archbane as the next guardian.

Miq

• Root Admin
18 hours ago, Miq said:

Ave,

Since you all know i hate how roles die with people and also do not like to be holder of too many roles, i hereby resign from the Mt, Kelletha tools Guardian position.

This position has historically been given by GM's so if you find a new suitable candidate let me know and i'll transfer the tool.

As King of Golemus Golemicarum i also make a recommendation for Fang Archbane as the next guardian.

Miq

Thank you Miq.

The recommendation is noted but Fang is not being considered for any roles while he holds his current important one and hasn't completed his task. Assuming he doesnt want to give up MP7 for the tool guardianship.

• 1 month later...

This was an application for Lab Guardian which I have now removed.

I have thought on it more and believe now is not the time to apply for role / responsibility.

I would like to concentrate on the work I am doing to support my intended role and interests as there is a lot of it.

Please accept my apologies for disturbing this thread.

Edited by Clair de Lune
Amended to remove appliaction