Guardian of Tools

Apologies for the delays,  I would like to know of anyone who has interest in the roles as described by the original post in this topic.The current tool locations that need a guardian are shown in the table below being the Golemus Lab, Wind's Sanctuary, MDA Bathroom and the Tea Market.

All applications are welcome, and since it has been a while I would ask anyone to reapply now following the guidelines in the original post, state the co-ordinates you are applying for, your playername and " .write 1-2 rows , not 0-1 not 2-8 etc, but 1,2 rows about why you want the role or what makes you deserve it, or ANYTHING that might convince me to give it to you, even active days but no role yet is a good reason, i will read all, but if you fail to write as much as requested your application will be ignored. (This was 1-2 rows) "

Thank you for your rather spammy interest in becoming number 1 Fang. The pokemon lovers here will support you.

coord player                                           Land
1_-2x4_3  Valoryn Loreroot
1_-4x-1_2   Golemus
1_-5x0_2  Miq Golemus
1_-5x4_2  Tal Loreroot
1_3x0_2 Eara Meraia Necrovion
1_4x2_1  klawdees Marind Bell
1_4x4_2   Marind Bell
4_1x2_11   MDA
7_kitchen_1  No one Tribunal
7_localpub_2   Mallos Tribunal
7_teamarket_1   Tribunal
Edited by Mallos

Applying for: Golemus Lab (1_-4x-1_2) Playername: Fang Archbane

Why Im Interested:  I made a promise to Grido long ago when he and Alyon agreed to let me into Golemus. Grido is also expecting something of me on the setting of the 14th celebrations sun. I have a Past Promise to adhere to, a Present Paradise to create, and a Future Festival i dont want to be late for. I have earned Gridos blessing for becoming the GG Labs Guardian, and if proof must be presented Mallos, ill do so in Pms. I want to rebuild Golemus, breathe life back into it, and make Grido so proud, that when he returns, he wont ever question why he let me into Golemus again. I was a Wolf without a Home. A Ronin with no Master. And He and Alyon gave me another chance when all others doors had permanently closed to me. They did not judge me. They only expected greatness from me. This application to this role is just a small part in my making what they once thought i could be, into reality.

Re-applying for Wind Sanctuary Tool Legislator. If I see someone hoarding the buckets, I will let them carry the extra ones on their heads!

(little chance of using the tool atm, but I prefer to have it ready when abuse happens)

Using this chance to say that if people want water, they can get it from dowsers. When I used to do trades with Loreroot, a bunch of lorerootians also stacked some dozins or more, so if lands wish for water, we could set up a trade route. (contact me)

Also, some people can also ask for the special buckets, we might just lend them for free :)

Officially I am a Tool guardian of Necrovion. If that changed in my absence please let me know!

Otherwise, I keep doing the job, since I plan to be more active now. If anyone has wishes, suggestions or questions about Necrovion tools - contact me via pm.

• Root Admin

Ungod you are MB right? If so I would approve your appointment. Please can someone pass him the tools.

Eara if you arent anymore, I re-approve you

Fang, Would need to see proof since you claim Grido has said you should be and thats the basis of your application.

3 hours ago, Chewett said:

Fang, Would need to see proof since you claim Grido has said you should be and thats the basis of your application.

I wouldnt say thats the basis, the basis is my old promise to good people.

But sure, ill dig through till i find it, should be somewhere in my forum pms.

If its in in game pms itll take a bit longer, but ill find it either way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/14/2017 at 2:57 PM, Chewett said:

Ungod you are MB right? If so I would approve your appointment. Please can someone pass him the tools.

I was looking for partners to spar with today, and so I noticed people had tags for these tools.

I don't. I have the tool, though. So I was wondering if I should also get a tag as well :)

1 hour ago, Ungod said:

I was looking for partners to spar with today, and so I noticed people had tags for these tools.

I don't. I have the tool, though. So I was wondering if I should also get a tag as well :)

I do believe the tag is in order since you have the tools.

On a side note, I'm still applying for the lab guardian role, but it is on standby for now since I'm dead atm. Soon enough I'll be alive and stay alive so I'll be able to commit to all the duties of the lab guardian. Just figured I'd clarify that now. Im a Golemian till times end, and Golemus will continue to prosper.

A comment from Mallos.

"I have given the MDA tool to darkraptor the MDA land leader, the teamarket tool to Ledah leader of the Caretakers, and the MB tool to Ungod, the only other tool I can't release is the tool that I never was given, the Golemus lab tool, and I would give that to Fang Archbane".

I'm still waiting till I revive to fully take on the role of Lab Guardian, but he asked I pass that tidbit on, so I have.

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin
On 9/8/2018 at 12:34 PM, Fang Archbane said:

On a side note, I'm still applying for the lab guardian role, but it is on standby for now since I'm dead atm. Soon enough I'll be alive and stay alive so I'll be able to commit to all the duties of the lab guardian. Just figured I'd clarify that now. Im a Golemian till times end, and Golemus will continue to prosper.

Hi Fang, this is the official reply to your application.

After speaking with numerous people so as to ignore my own personal feelings towards your application here. It has been denied.

Generally the concerned raised by the MD public, which mirror mine in some regards are:

• There was a general comment about whether you would be able to professionally deal with all MD'ers, based on past behaviour.
  • There was a concern you had misunderstood the role (its wont "give me the ability to hand out the Golemian Tools as i see fit, to all who ask for aid, no prejudice, no bias")
  • Some questioned whether the role was needed, given it has been unfulfilled for a while.
  • Some were unsure why you would want to give up your MP7 role given "This is a MAIN role, its a full time role so to say,  but will require your time just in the first few days after the items are regrouped."

On balance, there were also a few people saying that you should be given the chance to try the role.

This also provoked some discussion from a number of senior MD'ers and to summarise, the general consensus was that this role, in its current form, isnt needed in MD. That it may become more important in the future but for  now it shouldn't be something that time is spent on managing and distributing tools for. Most agreed that it would be better to move them all to shared role based titles, so people who belonged to the land could become it as needed. Stopping "stale roles" and "role hoarding".

From most of the private comments and messages, I feel it is important to say you are welcome to re-apply in a couple months, if something significantly changes in MD (to warrent tool guardians being more important) and you have shown your new professional side a little more you were telling us on discord about.

Thank you for your application :)

As a note, while it was originally made in 2016 I was leaving the application to Mur, this being his thread. After much time had passed and it was clear he was not likely to reply, I began to look into it. I wasnt sure at that time whether you should be given the role and spent some time deliberating.

After that, you got killed and began explained you would be spending a year dead (I cant quite remember whether it was a year in the end) and therefore you were not applicable.

Since you contacted me a couple weeks ago telling me you had found a way to never die, I re-opened your case. And here is the response. Hopefully this is satisfactory for you. In hindsight I possibly should have dealt with this sooner given Mur's elongated absence on this topic.

I understand and am grateful for the time you took to look into this and reply. If tool guardians ever become required then my application still stands. I only wanted the role to help those who needed them obtain Golemian tools. I'll always be around if I'm needed, and thank you sincerely.

Edit: I should also mention I'll still do my best to aid any who seek Golemian tools, with or without the role. Discord is as always the best way to reach me.

Edited by Fang Archbane

"this role, in its current form, isnt needed in MD. That it may become more important in the future but for  now it shouldn't be something that time is spent on managing and distributing tools for. Most agreed that it would be better to move them all to shared role based titles, so people who belonged to the land could become it as needed."

I'll just echo this statement, very few times have the tools been used to ban a player and I see only one location that is perhaps in need of a guardian, which is the candy boxes since there is so few of those to take. The role isn't necessary to spend admin time on, maybe in the future with more players it could be useful to have more guardians. Automating obtaining the role in some way would be the best result for it in my opinion as stated and this would also take care of the inactive guardians.

8 hours ago, Mallos said:

I'll just echo this statement, very few times have the tools been used to ban a player and I see only one location that is perhaps in need of a guardian, which is the candy boxes since there is so few of those to take.

As guardian of said location ... there were few cases of repeated collection of 3 boxes, but after some discussion with involved parties, they agreed to take less (as in max 2 candy boxes). And even if there were cases when they slipped unnoticed there were many time when the tools remained untouched.

With the above I support Mallos point of view : there is little to no need to use the tools.  All we (as MDers) need to know is that the tools are there and it is best to behave.

Necrovion is currently only accessible to two (Samon & Lashtal) atm, so unless they see fit to take the role and it doesnt impede with their current roles/situations, I doubt anyone else would fit the role, not to mention those tools lack a need for regulation since so few can reach them safely atm.

Edit: I dont consider Chaos since it wont last forever, as its indeed an oddity and not the norm.

Edited by Fang Archbane