Guardian of Tools

name : nadrolski

ID : 169416, AD : 2338

location : 1_4x4_2  (Wind's Sanctuary, Capitol of Marind Bell), and if possible 1_4x2_1 (Passage of War) too.

Being one of Marind Bell's finest, I guess I am the man for the job. Not really an expert, but I can say I have enough experience and knowledge with Marind Bell tools : Buckets, Rain Collectors and those Needles (with exception of the dice). I tried to give way for my fellows for this role, but I guess they really love to see me as a "Guardian Dowser".

High five!

Ok I've updated the list and I will send the email to Mur soon, maybe we will get some extra applications for the coordinates 1_-2x4_3 or 1_-4x-1_2 in the mean time.

Mur can you confirm if alts are allowed to apply or not if the main character has already applied? I ask about Nimrodel as that's the only thing barring her application if she chooses to apply for 2 locations, which you said isn't allowed.

_____
To everyone applying try to remember these points about the application:

" no requirement, ..except...one request..write 1-2 rows , not 0-1 not 2-8 etc, but 1,2 rows about why you want the role or what makes you deserve it, or ANYTHING that might convince me to give it to you, even active days but no role yet is a good reason, i will read all, but if you fail to write as much as requested your application will be ignored. (This was 1-2 rows)
" The role will be one that involves you to be citizen of that land! for necrovion and east lands i accept exceptions. Mention the coords of the shared item dispatcher you intend to guard! mandatory. If you have no citizenship i can give you citizenship for that land if i select you to guard its dispatcher. "
"if someone applies for two places i will not select him for any of them,"
" You can apply with alts on different locations, but in the end a single person should not guard two locations (if by any chance i select same person but on lats in two locations, they should come forward to me and tell me privately if the alt is not known and wish to keep it secret "

Edited by Mallos
more things to think about

• Root Admin

You can apply with alts on different locations, but in the end a single person should not guard two locations (if by any chance i select same person but on lats in two locations, they should come forward to me and tell me privately if the alt is not known and wish to keep it secret)

Applying on same location with alts, NO, this is not lottery to try multiple times maybe one gets selected.

In the end, no alts as i said, just one person per location.

Name:. Klawdees - id 254296 - for 1_4x2_1

Reason: Two people from Marind's Bell said "we nominate you" privately. If they care, I can care.  And it's silly to abuse tools. 

(4 lines on mobile, but looks about the size of other people's applications)

Edited by klatdees
Wrong coordinates, oh my

• 2 weeks later...

In light of the recent announcement ( Ann. 4059 ) the roles/tools have all been assigned except for the Golemus Lab, thank you and congrats to everyone who applied and was chosen:

Valoryn - Wasps Totem
*Miq* - Golemus Kelletha Mt
Tal -Ravenhold
Neno Veliki - Necrovion Deathmarrow
Klawdees - Marinds Bell Passage of War
nadrolski - Winds Sanctuary
Esmerelda - MDA Public bath
No one - Tribunal kitchen
Mallos - Tribunal pub
*Nimrodel* - Tea market

You should all have your tools and tag available to you, test the tools when you get a chance and if anyone has any issues let me know and I will pass the information on to Mur as per the announcement:

"If you have any issues with them, or any question related to your role, please send them to Mallos. He will help me get all this nicely centralized and help me avoid repeating same thing to each one of you."

I can be found ingame and of course here on the forums for whichever method you prefer to contact me, PM me please.

Edited by Mallos

• 2 weeks later...

since sadly Neno resigned, as ann. 4070 says I dare to apply for or 1_3x0_2 Deathmarrow, Necrovion Tool guardian.

Name: Eara Meraia

id: 241935

Why? I know those tools, I know how to keep and take care of valuable things in MD :)

Edited by Eara Meraia

There are still no applications for the Golemus lab at 1_-4x-1_2 if any Golemus citizens would like to guard the tools there please apply here. This role does not need to be your main role or replace any of your tags and only requires your attention twice a month when items reset.

• 2 weeks later...

Eara Meraia has been chosen to guard the Necrovion tools as noted in Ann. 4079. The only spot left is the Golemus lab... Of which I'll be applying to on my alt:

Falronn (ID:207572; Days:1008) for 1_-4x-1_2, reason: I have only been associated with Golemus and have access to the area. I also have worked to promote fair use of these tools in the past.

• 2 months later...

I actually had a huge text wall written in reply, but it's not like anyone reads those. This whole set of roles just looks depressing from almost all perspectives; yet another thing that I was really excited about and now is just adrift with a sprinkle of "sort it out yourselves" on top. I'd say only 3 / 10 guardians are actually doing anything, 3 are inactive (and have been inactive since given the role), 4 are... around but not doing anything (either due to lack of things to resolve or lack of interest, idk) and 1 position is still open. Just sad.

Meh I read those long replies but they can get lost in the forum, and I try to keep mine short for a few reasons... Anyways there's very few actual abuse going on here as the tool ban only lasts for a day so even if nad banned darkraptor twice it only lasts for 2 days out of the 7 day week, plus this hording of tools is nothing new... Just something new we can fix (IE use of tools to ban nad hording his locations items...).

Are we going to let people get away with this? More importantly, who is setting the rules for MB as it's King (Maebius) seems absent in the realm. I assume nadrolski is making his own rules.

Perhaps there needs to be 2 tool guardians in specific locations, another could ban nad for his discrepancies and keep their own land in check. Inter-land banning such as klawdees tool for use on nad would fix this easily as well and save us the trouble of finding a new tool guardian for each land.

Edited by Mallos

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Aeoshattr said:

I actually had a huge text wall written in reply, but it's not like anyone reads those. This whole set of roles just looks depressing from almost all perspectives; yet another thing that I was really excited about and now is just adrift with a sprinkle of "sort it out yourselves" on top. I'd say only 3 / 10 guardians are actually doing anything, 3 are inactive (and have been inactive since given the role), 4 are... around but not doing anything (either due to lack of things to resolve or lack of interest, idk) and 1 position is still open. Just sad.

Then lets demote those that do nothing and make new ones, or have them adrift. We should make the adriftness official if the guardians do nothing.

Id like to apply for the Golemus Lab, assuming I have Gridos blessing (Ill message him once I'm home). Below is my reasoning.

I didn't want to cause any trouble, so I waited to see if anyone else wanted to apply but they didn't.

I may not have much free time but I can always go on two days a week for a few hours (school days) to check up on things.

Edited by Fang Archbane

• Root Admin

" Is *Sunfire* allowed to carry three (3) Pickaxe? "

(or anyone)

It is not abuse, but is punishable by the tool guardians if they so desire...(and no its not something i like but i wont restrict it via a rule)

Really, there are not enough players to create a social structure, i understand that, but its not about abuse, its about how to use the tools provided to limit what you consider abuse. If current guardians are not active anymore, we could restrict the role to one person (and provide ways to move fast between shared item dispatchers).

There might be an other solution too, not sure about it, but the guardian tools could be made shared as well,,,it does have several other implications.

@chew, thnx for sending this link to me.

I think we could vote for this on the forum. afterall, the restriction way being a tool, its you who should decide how to use it better. From my point of view, monopoly is not a crime, its same as depleting in a way, but with depleting you have no way of restricting it yet, with this you do, so ..lets use it better?