The Artisans Guild

I don't like grayscale, but as you wish, sir :P

I've done this drawing while waiting for praise, tough luck for me, though! :o

As to where I've been? I hope the answer >around< will satisfy you :D

Wow...Really nice..Hey Glor! Cmere. You need to check this one out...

around is good...drawing avatars for the guild is better...

BlackThorn

Nice work DiKra. I DEFINITELY recommend that you enter the contest. I like your style. It got a flat, graphic art quality that is different from the current stuff, but it looks really clean and you have a nice touch. Blackthorn is right though, gotta go grayscale. That's how we roll here.

Blackthorn, you're a machine! You're cranking out some good stuff there and I appreciate both the quality and the sheer volume. Make sure you send me all of those. Can you put all of your stuff that you've done since the 12th of August in a .zip file for me and send those in. It'll make my life a little easier if you don't mind. Same for Morrel. I'm going to send in another batch soon.

Thank you again to everyone who's been submitting drawings for the contest and for the guild applications. I'd like to reiterate that the winner of the contest gets an automatic job in the Artisan's guild and everyone who submits will also get credits for any drawing used in the game as well as consideration for guild membership, so please, keep them coming. Send your submissions as a group of 5 to glordamar@gmail.com.

-GlorDamar

Any chance you could draw one with a guitar :D?

Done.

Unfortunately I broke my mechanical pencil, so it's not as finished as I would have liked it to be.

Wow...Really nice..Hey Glor! Cmere. You need to check this one out...

around is good...drawing avatars for the guild is better...

hmmmm, I need to work on my avatar skills.

My images don't look as well as avatars as they do in full size.

Yours are the contrary! Your avatars are quite good, especialy the dog one :D

Reminds me of Archer's dog on the Enterprise :)

Nice work DiKra. I DEFINITELY recommend that you enter the contest. I like your style. It got a flat, graphic art quality that is different from the current stuff, but it looks really clean and you have a nice touch. Blackthorn is right though, gotta go grayscale. That's how we roll here.

Thanks, I'll definitly enter it. :)

And turning things grayscale is the least of problems. :)post-2284-1219702635_thumb.jpg

wow, i'm off for a weekend and the level of competition triple's just with Dikra alone!

note: i'm not considering myself comptetition ;)

annyway...didnt turn up somthing conclusive for the competition. I'm more focusing on finding a style that wil bring a positive inpact on the game rather then...wel, screwing it up.

Dikra dsnt seem to have a problem with that :)

last time I saw Glor was this enthousiastic i remember him hiring the persone. :P

wel, here's some quicky's. :D The hammerdude was made looking at avatars in game :unsure: .

post-2212-1219801449_thumb.png

post-2212-1219801457_thumb.png

post-2212-1219801465_thumb.png

post-2212-1219801476.jpeg

post-2212-1219801488_thumb.png

post-2212-1219801499_thumb.png

post-2212-1219801507_thumb.png

wow, i'm off for a weekend and the level of competition triple's just with Dikra alone!

note: i'm not considering myself comptetition :D

annyway...didnt turn up somthing conclusive for the competition. I'm more focusing on finding a style that wil bring a positive inpact on the game rather then...wel, screwing it up.

Dikra dsnt seem to have a problem with that :)

last time I saw Glor was this enthousiastic i remember him hiring the persone. :P

wel, here's some quicky's. :D The hammerdude was made looking at avatars in game :unsure: .

since you asked for my input...I would suggest that you use more detail...just my suggestion..and also try reading players personal pages about themselves...pretty good desriptions to help to know what they want us to draw....I think you are like me and draw better with direction....you are doing fine keep it up... ;)

BlackThorn

since you asked for my input...I would suggest that you use more detail...just my suggestion..and also try reading players personal pages about themselves...pretty good desriptions to help to know what they want us to draw....I think you are like me and draw better with direction....you are doing fine keep it up... :)

BlackThorn

that's just the problem. If you look at the avatars in-game and the creatures thus far...there is not a lot of detail in them. I usualy draw with TO much detail. And seeing DiKra's art, clean and yet deep, made me realize that. So i was trying to go simple...wrong direction hu?

that's just the problem. If you look at the avatars in-game and the creatures thus far...there is not a lot of detail in them. I usualy draw with TO much detail. And seeing DiKra's art, clean and yet deep, made me realize that. So i was trying to go simple...wrong direction hu?

If you look closer at the game art...you will see that yes there are areas where there is not alot of detail right next to parts that are detailed...Its why it is so hard to nail down...it is very unusual..Dikra has his own very developed style...with great composition...do what you do best...but try to stick to People for a while...most everyone I have spoken with or whose papers I have read say that they want a warrior or a wizard or some such...

Dikra dsnt seem to have a problem with that :unsure:

he was enthusiastic?

Gor, you mask your feelings well... you will make a good sith :angry:

since you asked for my input...I would suggest that you use more detail...just my suggestion..and also try reading players personal pages about themselves...pretty good desriptions to help to know what they want us to draw....I think you are like me and draw better with direction....you are doing fine keep it up... :P

Yeah, you can find a lot of inspiration in the game. The reason I even tried to play it (and I dislike browser games) was because of the art. It is inspiring; not because it's so good, but because it has it's own feel to it. What later drew me in was the concept and then the people who just love being teased :rolleyes:

In any case, I talked to some in character and drew some pictures for them.

Try to guess what are their names.

flyingchimpmunkeg1.th.jpg

bunnysp8.th.jpg

that's just the problem. If you look at the avatars in-game and the creatures thus far...there is not a lot of detail in them. I usually draw with TO much detail. And seeing DiKra's art, clean and yet deep, made me realize that. So i was trying to go simple...wrong direction hu?
Well, the thing is, simple is good, but only if you draw it with all the complicated things in mind. For example, you must know what muscles are in the arm to draw the outline well. I must admit, I took some leisure and sent my brain somewhere else while I was doing most of these drawings, ... but they're ok I guess.

Detail without substance is pretentious. You will always get better reactions with a simple drawing of something rather than a complicated drawing that represents parts of what that something is made of. I hope you understand my gibberish. :unsure:

If you look closer at the game art...you will see that yes there are areas where there is not alot of detail right next to parts that are detailed...Its why it is so hard to nail down...it is very unusual..Dikra has his own very developed style...with great composition...do what you do best...but try to stick to People for a while...most everyone I have spoken with or whose papers I have read say that they want a warrior or a wizard or some such...
Detail brings life to undetailed things, but to much detail snuffs the life out. It's like starting a fire. If you put too much wood on it and the flames die. Put one or two sticks and watch it accidentally engulf the nearby forest :P

Btw, most people I spoke to in the game are animals and inanimate objects. Makes you think what kind of world our characters live in... :huh:

p.s. thx for the comments

Who is the flying squirrel?

As for the players and what they represent...well...I'am daylight saving time, right? :rolleyes: (or as a player suggested a really nasty thing if you..aaa...never mind)

Well, the thing is, simple is good, but only if you draw it with all the complicated things in mind. For example, you must know what muscles are in the arm to draw the outline well. I must admit, I took some leisure and sent my brain somewhere else while I was doing most of these drawings, ... but they're ok I guess.

Detail without substance is pretentious. You will always get better reactions with a simple drawing of something rather than a complicated drawing that represents parts of what that something is made of. I hope you understand my gibberish. :rolleyes:

i understand it perfect. i have a good knowledge of anatomy and gravitational disfigurment. but keep in mind that i'm doing this at work...i cant focus 100%

if u look at what i post...it should be obvious wich parts i focused :unsure:

also been years since i used pecils. i mostly use a japanese brush-pen...no schading in other words :unsure:

i'm off tomorow...today (3am) :lol:

i'l scribble somthing decent and finished for a change.

oh and fotoshop is coming in the 9th...so i'l figure that out after the contest

Who is the flying squirrel?

As for the players and what they represent...well...I'am daylight saving time, right? :unsure: (or as a player suggested a really nasty thing if you..aaa...never mind)

Flying CHIPMUNK! THANKYOUVERYMUCHWILLYOU!

Such blunt and deliberate misunderstanding of my artistic interpretation is unbelievable! :rolleyes:

And daylight saving time is such an easy avatar to draw.... you just have a sunbeam dropping a coin in a piggy bank that looks not like a swine but as a clock. And there you have daylight saving time!

wel...i'm 2 hours of drawing further. :lol: NOT at work this time...so tel me what u think. I also posted 2 normal's. If you like that direction better let me know. :)

O and DiKra...i tought it was "sneezing superchipmunk" :lol:

i dont know who said it but here's a quote i remember "the artists makes art, critics give it a meaning"

post-2212-1219927929_thumb.png

post-2212-1219927938_thumb.png

post-2212-1219927948_thumb.png

post-2212-1219927957_thumb.png

Well amorte ill like ur first two but but not ur skeleton dragons... and what do u think about my old guy???!

P.S. thx for anatomy link...

post-2084-1219935266_thumb.jpg

Amorte the first two are very cool but don't fit with the game. The first sketch of the bone dragon has great form and motion to the composition. The second skeleton is very nice. I like the rendering on the torso, the look of the ribs... The eye flying out of the head... I could do without that, but it's well done.

Dex - Better anatomy. You might try converting that to grayscale and playing with the levels and contrast a bit. It looks good though.

Amorte the first two are very cool but don't fit with the game. The first sketch of the bone dragon has great form and motion to the composition. The second skeleton is very nice. I like the rendering on the torso, the look of the ribs... The eye flying out of the head... I could do without that, but it's well done.

Dex - Better anatomy. You might try converting that to grayscale and playing with the levels and contrast a bit. It looks good though.

Unfortunately i dont have photoshop so converting that to grayscale is not possible for me :)

Unfortunately i dont have photoshop so converting that to grayscale is not possible for me :)

Alright, that's fine.

You may be able to set your scanner to grayscale too, or your camera to black and white, depending how you're inputting them.

post-1954-1219948516_thumb.jpg

Here's what you can do to it in photoshop you get a bit better value range with a little bit of contrast adjustment.

wel...i'm 2 hours of drawing further. :lol: NOT at work this time...so tel me what u think. I also posted 2 normal's. If you like that direction better let me know. :)

O and DiKra...i tought it was "sneezing superchipmunk" :lol:

i dont know who said it but here's a quote i remember "the artists makes art, critics give it a meaning"

Dude, your images scare me :unsure:

But then again, they say art should bring out emotion in people. :P

In any case, I was planing to submit these images for the contest. So before I bundle them and send them, tell me what you think; should I put more of something or remove something, or change something, or change my style. All input is appreciated, especially from the current draftsmen employed in the development of this game.

76536218iy6.th.jpg

bunnyos6.th.jpg

41421969hk4.th.jpg

85858837tg2.th.jpg

46314329pr4.th.jpg