Fangs Newbie Discord channel

Fang Archbane

If you are in the profession of helping the newbies, or you yourself are a newbie that has signed up under my referral link, then please do know this now.

I have started a Discord channel that will encompass all my newbies as well as any Guardians that choose to join.

Know this now though, dear Guardians. That title does not apply only to those on GateWay, and my requirements are unique and harsh.

If i do not trust you, you will not become a part of this. Thats nothing personal, i simply dont have time to deal with less than certain things.

If you are in the profession of helping like Nava, Mallos, Blackshade Rider, Lintara, regardless of where you stand or what you feel, if i trust your Soul you will be allowed in.

If you registered under my referral link and stay active, have questions, and in general want a more streamlined support system, then pm me for the link.

If you think you fit the criteria of Guardian, then please pm me for the link. If i dont reply, then i do not trust you. Take no offense and move on. I know i will.

To the rest of MagicDuel, i hope you all have a great day. Enjoy, but try not to blink, for the winds of change blow harder now than ever before.

• 1 month later...

It was closed today.

Can't really tell on retention rates, probably little (slightly positive, few  more stuck around for at least a little while) to no difference, but it helped us answer their questions about the game

Edited by Mallos

• Root Admin

>It was closed today.

Oh?

Were they directed to the main discord?

>Can't really tell on retention rates, probably little (slightly positive, few  more stuck around for at least a little while) to no difference, but it helped us answer their questions about the game

Do you think it would be worth advertising it a little when people join? just something like "here is the community, pointing to forum and discord?

GWI helpers point newbies to the forum and also discord. Though that last one not consistently. In my opinion encouraging them to ask questions about how to play on discord does nothing to retain them. Asking in-game does however. Because that type of interaction spawns more interaction. i.e. people will talk more, rp more etc.

2 hours ago, dst said:

Why do we have 2 chats? (game, discord)? Are you planning to move the game to discord? If not, then let the players interact inside the game. As for discord being the same as the old days YM chats, we all remember how that ended. If not, then maybe we should.

Different kinds of conversations in the Discord compared to in game chat I find. Also, voice chat. It's also a better way to help newbs, I would say, as it certainly seems more 'live' than the live help button.

11 hours ago, dst said:

Why do we have 2 chats? (game, discord)? Are you planning to move the game to discord? If not, then let the players interact inside the game. As for discord being the same as the old days YM chats, we all remember how that ended. If not, then maybe we should.

Well ofc we dont need 2 chats, but it is really a nice addition, the voice chat is also one of the attractive parts, had some nice conversations with klawdees, sunfire, lin and more, furthermore it is not only MD related chat there is a lot of randomness, links and pictures and thats nice and its completely up to the player if they want to use it or not

• 3 weeks later...