Requesting someone else gets a wiiya tool

Fang Archbane

Formally requesting the Wiiya collector go into the Tool Guardians (Mallos') hands.

I asked publically if any had the ability to harvest it aside from Rophs, and since none have answered i now assume that none can, or the few that can will not aid me.

If Rophs somehow comes back online and can supply my Adepts then that works too.

But anything short of that and my request stands, we need someone active to hold that Wiiya Collector, and i deem the Tool Guardian a perfect fit in both role and activity.

20 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

If Rophs somehow comes back online and can supply my Adepts then that works too.

What is this? Don't the new players have fingers to type and brains to think for themselves? Why can't the ones that need something ASK by themselves (in forum if in MD they might not have the proper tools yet)?

Wiiya is not MANDATORY. Anyone can play without wiiya without any single issue. Then there is ALWAYS the free market if you someone MUST have wiiya.

I know it's easier to demand stuff than actually work for them or work for a way to get them. Beggars...

Still waiting for Mallos to get a Wiiya Collector since hes the Guardian of Tools, as we do not have access to one to teach the New Players about Wiiya.

It doesnt have to be Rophs' if taking his is not an option, a new one being coded for Mallos would work just as well.

If there are other suggestions besides buy it, please do state them, Thank you.

Best thing would be calling Rophs back, but I can see why he wouldnt. His seedwalks were lonelier and lonelier. I liked them because I could improvise, but I couldnt cope with the hours.

I doubt that reviving the seedwalks would be easy. Even if that acorn returns.

On 12/26/2017 at 8:32 PM, Chewett said:

>Still waiting for Mallos to get a Wiiya Collector since hes the Guardian of Tools, and we do not have access to one to teach the New Players about Wiiya.

Wiiya isn't something we are currently considering putting in shared items.

I didnt say make it a shared collector, i said give a copy of a wiiya collector to Mallos so we can share wiiya and its teachings with the New Players.

On 12/26/2017 at 11:57 PM, Ungod said:

Best thing would be calling Rophs back, but I can see why he wouldnt. His seedwalks were lonelier and lonelier. I liked them because I could improvise, but I couldnt cope with the hours.

I doubt that reviving the seedwalks would be easy. Even if that acorn returns.

I agree reviving the seedwalks would be fun indeed, and im sure we could figure something out if we just had the tools in the hands of someone active and willing to work with the rest of the community in a fashion that doesnt involve coin or immensely odd schedules.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:48 AM, Fang Archbane said:

I didnt say make it a shared collector, i said give a copy of a wiiya collector to Mallos so we can share wiiya and its teachings with the New Players.

Do you teach them to eat & poop too ?

There is a wiki for them to read about it if they want to learn. There is a free market to buy if you want to use /own some. Or they can ask themselves if they need it.

If I don't know Chinese, do you think that it would be fair for me to I ask them all to change their writings to English so that I can understand ? No. I'll have to learn Chinese myself.

In other words ... let them work themselves, let them learn at their own pace, tell them only when asked. DON'T DUMP EVERYTHING ON THEM or they'll lose all interest in finding themselves about MD.

Edited by No one

On 12/28/2017 at 11:57 PM, No one said:

Do you teach them to eat & poop too ?

You arent even being politically correct at this point, im not going to even reply to you from this point forth,.
Youve proven you cant be an adult and hold a conversation, so enjoy talking to the walls from this point forth No One.

If a newbie (a scrub! sorry Ledah) walks into MagicDuel and hears us all speaking Chinese about shades and victories and tokens and the pickaxe that breaks rock then... Yes, it is up to that scrub to learn our Chinese. How are you to learn Chinese? Why, have a teacher of course, to translate our Chinese MagicDuel talk into scrub language that any laymen that walks into MagicDuel can understand. And where do we find these teachers? In the free market of course! Those who get to the scrubs to teach them first are likely who the scrubs will begin to learn from. And if these teachers do a bad job it's up to the free market to provide them a better teacher (the scrub to find a better one).

Some people act as though you teach someone one thing about.. anything really, that it's going too far. Oh no! Some knowledge has been redirected, the woes, the misery, I have less power over that person who just learned that information now, since they are no longer in the dark! Get over it.

@Very offtopic sorry

To add to the Wiiya bit I would be very happy to distrubute Wiiya in a manner I see in line with the creation of the resource, I was there when it was created and took interest, have spoken with Awiiya many a time. My idea would be that I could offer people either riddles or fetch (information, perhaps about a scene, all information I would have beforehand) quests in reward for Wiiya bubbles. I may also give them out for good deeds or general likeliness, asking me or such. If one would doubt my intentions, check my inventory and see that I hold no coin and hardly a resource, I wouldn't demand trades for the Wiiya.

Edited by Mallos
keeping ontopic yay

That's bs @Mallos and you know it.

MD is all about uncovering stuff yourself. There are plenty "spoilers" on wiki for those willing to read and plenty of answers if ppl intend to ask around.

But as long as new players are encouraged to use other methods of discussions / forum then ... I always get confused with this one : are they playing MD ?

I would be inclined to agree with you, if you're on the forum are you really playing MD? ....... Except the simple answer is yes. Also it's not BS but I'm not sure how to reply because you don't really give me a solid reason to why you think it is.. anyways. MD is about what you make of it.

@Fang Archbane, may I ask what you need Wiiya for? Or are you "asking for a friend"? I have some in my possession and can get some more if needed. I'm pretty sure there are others. You might have more luck with your request if you could show you've exhausted other avenues first.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, Ivorak said:

@Fang Archbane, may I ask what you need Wiiya for? Or are you "asking for a friend"? I have some in my possession and can get some more if needed. I'm pretty sure there are others. You might have more luck with your request if you could show you've exhausted other avenues first.

Of course you may ask, anyone acting like a grown adult may speak with or question me. As for who needs the Wiiya, its mainly for my newbies, i was hoping to show them how these wiiya resources and byproducts work and have them each build their own SMSH. for a triple lesson sandwich.

Theyve already learned that specific names can have an impact on how creatures function (see http://magicduel.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Grasans for more details) so i was hoping that either Rophs could come back and work with me, anyone left in realm with the ability to collect wiiya could work with me, or if those two arent options then simply giving a copy of the Wiiya collecting tool to Mallos (the coordinator for the Guardians of tools) could be enough to help spread the power of Wiiya again freely and outside the quote unquote free market with various new quests and whatever he sees fit.

"Or are you "asking for a friend"

Based on how Fang quickly mentions me as the option for who could hold such a tool it is reasonable to assume he may be asking so I don't have to. To clarify: I have no want for a wiiya tool outside of that if one was put into my inventory I would try to do a goob job of distributing wiiya bubbles. Prior to him posting this and mentioning me I had no knowledge of his want/need for such a tool. 

But I do find it odd that such a resource as to be used with a readily available creature would be not so readily available within the realm (one person inactive the other not so visible for approach on the subject of wiiya, if I was to ask them would I get one? Perhaps, perhaps not, but they seem to hold a monopoly if there is in fact two, one gone, people who can distribute)

By the way, just noticed this: https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4056

The Shmsh Dwelling
Next to the Aramory in Nomans land, you can find a Shmsh Dwelling where you can create your own little Shmsh larvas to grow. the shmsh will require second level resources, those produced by the Grasan industry such as Fat, Skin, Solid stench but also a byproduct that appears in various other places or from expired products, Garbage. With these 3 ingredients, REGARDLESS of their qantity, you can obtain a Shmsh Fenth. The fenth will require a bit of rainwater if you wish to bring it to life and get your very own Shmsh to raise and educate. For feedback regarding the cost of obtaining this crit, or anythign else, please use the forum. Currently there is a situation regarding the availability of Wiiya in the realm, the main ingredient to obtain all those nasty Grasan products, but it will soon be resolved. Enjoy!
Note: Thanks go to Junior for helping me setup and test this dwelling. Any issues about it (there might be some issues currently) please discuss them with him first.

So perhaps not a shared item (I'd prefer that it wasn't), but it sounds like Mur had in mind some other way to obtain this resource at one point?

• Root Admin
21 hours ago, Ivorak said:

By the way, just noticed this: https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/4056

So perhaps not a shared item (I'd prefer that it wasn't), but it sounds like Mur had in mind some other way to obtain this resource at one point?

A good question.

• 5 months later...

Seedwalks will be resuming on a regular weekly schedule (how terribly inorganic... but I want to get back into this good habit). I am also taking measures to make sure that if Seedwalks start to wilt again (and Rophs along with them) there will be a nonzero supply of Wiiya (although not enough to meet the "Demand")