The MP4 Problem

Chewett

7 hours ago, Miq said:

Well heat transfer of those extra mp fights can be also capped. For example mp3 can never get more than 5k heat from mp4 or 5.

I would, mayhap, alter this suggestion to suggest that MP3 should not gain more than five thousand points of heat from any single battle, including that against Non-Player Characters.

I'll admit I have not been MP3 for a long time. Are they able to drop heat? If so, I don't fancy giving them special perks for combat or people will just stay there. Same for MP4 to an extent.

Let them get the profile wins if heatcapped to advance, but that would be about it imho.

I don't know if this is veering off topic, but I have nobody to attack. I have no desire to advance levels - I've only been here a week - but there is nobody at all to train with.

I am interested in looking at combat and trying to learn it but I can't. I don't want experienced players helping or anything, I just want to try and look at what I'm doing myself until there are other new players.

Is it possible to have something from the game to attack, like the shop guardians, but doesn't give you anything from the result - no win / loss or creature / skill gain. This way I could try different combinations of creatures to see how they work together and it not feel like I'm "cheating".

39 minutes ago, Clair de Lune said:

Is it possible to have something from the game to attack, like the shop guardians, but doesn't give you anything from the result - no win / loss or creature / skill gain. This way I could try different combinations of creatures to see how they work together and it not feel like I'm "cheating".

This were indeed possible, and even when not in isolation from the other ideas within this thread, I cannot see any downside in this, so it shall be a future undertaking of mine.

1 minute ago, Aia del Mana said:

This were indeed possible, and even when not in isolation from the other ideas within this thread, I cannot see any downside in this, so it shall be a future undertaking of mine.

Thank you very much Aia.

12 hours ago, Aia del Mana said:

I would, mayhap, alter this suggestion to suggest that MP3 should not gain more than five thousand points of heat from any single battle, including that against Non-Player Characters.

I would suggest set the limitation on defense but leave the attack as normal. 

but first of all MP3 and mp4 players need opponents badly, which IMO could only be settled by setting NPCs  

7 hours ago, Clair de Lune said:

I don't know if this is veering off topic, but I have nobody to attack. I have no desire to advance levels - I've only been here a week - but there is nobody at all to train with.

I am interested in looking at combat and trying to learn it but I can't. I don't want experienced players helping or anything, I just want to try and look at what I'm doing myself until there are other new players.

You could find me to fight with.  I’ll be staying in MP3 for quite a while. 

As always, Sunny and I are the resident MP7s, so we could in theory aid anyone attempting to rise up. Problem is, regardless of how active we are, we can't cover everyone. Trust me, we've tried. We truly, sincerely, and wholeheartedly need some battle NPCs for mp3 & 4, or we might as well admit we don't wish to retain players.

I think we need to stop with the attitude of not accommodating mp3s and mp4s "or people will just stay there" because in a lot of cases people will do it regardless, and it isn't wrong to do so either or you are just starting to tell them how to play as in go to mp5. If you don't accommodate them somewhat we have no excuse in wondering why they all leave.

Even in the current paradigm you have people like MRF or nadroski before he went mp5, even me when I was still mp4 where lots of people can not compete with these players, and trust me it doesn't take much at all to make an account at mp3 or mp4 that outclasses most of the players that will walk into the game. So staying how it is now does not help with that problem and pushing people to mp5 only makes it worse.

the problem is that these new mp3s and mp4s dont have access to a lot of the things they need at that level that a veteran of the game might have access to like funds and help from friends to help them get the better creatures and max them, that they will normally be on the lower teir when it comes to capability. Any established and permanent mp3/4 will be able to out compete them, definitely the newer players are not helped by the lack of training partners that even the established mp3/4 can provide to them if it wasn't the case that we are emphasizing everyone to go mp5.

Edited by Mallos

Well. 

What about the idea of some forced leveling? 

It fixes the problem of both mp3/4 being stuck *and* prevents the little cowardice shits from staying there to pick on those that don't know better. 

3 hours ago, Ledah said:

It is when it leads to uber Mp3/4 dominating others.

This had already been done, continues being done, and will continue to be done regardless of limitations or circumstance. As things currently stand, an mp5 aid can make any, and I mean ANY mp3 super overpowered by simply training any creature to max, giving it both AntiFreeze tokens+, and then trading it to any mp3 with a single silver cost to retain all. In this form we could create an mp3 that would absolutely annihilate every other enemy anywhere below 5.

My point is simple. Even if these steps that make it easier were removed, edited, etc, it wouldn't change a damn thing. If someone wants to do something, by the Demon they will get it done. This is MagicDuel, a realm made by Players, for Players, of Players. Trying to corrall us is... Well I won't be rude about it, but trying to control any of us is literally a waste of time.