Unique Land Resources

• Root Admin

I am looking (initially) for one unique resource per land, that ideally can be used for buildings.

An additional Ideal quality is that each resource will need to be "processed" into a secondary form before it can be used.

Please also describe what tools would be used to gather the item, and what would be used to process them.

E.g.
LR - Lumber -> Processed Lumber
GG - Stone -> Bricks

Currently I am thinking only about resources for Marind Bell, Loreroot, Golemus and No mans land. The no mans land resources may be scattered through other lands too. Ideally the resource would be somewhat tied/related to the land. However suggestions for other lands/areas are welcome too. I am not considering Necrovion resources currently.

More than one idea for each land is useful too, so feel free to name as many as you want.

The best ideas will be given a gold coin for each one I use.

Note: we can repurpose/rename current resources, I am just looking at a "fresh" start for these resources as we can more accurately see 

• Root Admin

Please feel free to upvote things you think work well, therefore one per post is probably a good idea!

I'm going to start then:

LR: Lumber -> Building Planks
Tool: Hatchet - A tool that can be used to fell trees in a responsible manner
Processor: Plank Processor - Converts lumber into appropriately sized planks for buildings

Note: This already mostly exists so if we go with this I might tweak the current setup

• Root Admin

GG: Rough Stone -> Stone Bricks
Tool: Hammer and Chisel - A tool that can be used to cut large sections of rough stone ready for processing
Processor: Stonemasons Yard - An area to convert roughly hewn rock into bricks which can be used for building with 

1 minute ago, Chewett said:

Please feel free to upvote things you think work well, therefore one per post is probably a good idea!

I'm going to start then:

LR: Lumber -> Building Planks
Tool: Hatchet - A tool that can be used to fell trees in a responsible manner
Processor: Plank Processor - Converts lumber into appropriately sized planks for buildings

Note: This already mostly exists so if we go with this I might tweak the current setup

I was thinking of something similar.

LR: Lumber -> Wooden beam and/or planks. 
There are a number of sizes you can cut a tree into: 

lumber.jpg.2a3a06ec6d1fa22e3277b97b3ea5de90.jpg

We probably don't want to go that deep, however I feel like at least the two I mentioned should be possible. If not, then just "building planks" should be fine like you suggested. 

Tool: Felling ax. 
A hatchet is too small for this task imo, a felling ax is bigger and sharper. We could also use a two-man saw, but I have no idea if it's worth implementing. 

Processor: Lumber mill. 
I was thinking something like this one from Skyrim :D

TESV_Deadwood_Mill.png.63ce45b98eee2bcdfdf79b3772182612.png

Basically a huge saw operated by a water wheel.

GG I think...

Tar/Oil/Resin => Plastic via some cooking method

Plastic through extrusion machine => clear panes (or fiber or nonwoven cloth)

Plastic plus sawdust through extrusion machine => tough opaque panels or extruded shape

Sand through extrusion machine => glass (or reinforcement fiber which mixed with tar => shingles, with plastic => rigid panels or extruded shapes)

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

I was thinking, maybe we could make actual bricks...

MB: Clay -> Brick.
Tool: Some kind of shovel
Processor: Furnace

The reasoning behind this is that clay is most commonly found in/near riverbeds and lakes, which MB has plenty of. Molding that into the shape of a brick then burning it at the right temperature should yield some solid bricks we can use. 

Ah, Fyrd beat me to it with the clay idea, oh well :D 

I think we're all for clay in MB! Clay is already an available resource from mining, so it's not unique to MB, a land that also seems to have no clay quarry...yet it's still the one resource I'd go for.

The only other option I see is a paste made from egg shells and water, which I imagined the Sanctuary being made of. A sulfurous stinky paste, hardened in the sun, with perhaps some other additions to make it sturdier (maybe silica)

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Ungod said:

I think we're all for clay in MB! Clay is already an available resource from mining, so it's not unique to MB, a land that also seems to have no clay quarry...yet it's still the one resource I'd go for.

I don’t have an issue redistributing clay.

can it be used for anything at the moment?

I agree, Clay makes more sense in MB than in GG due to the high volume of available still water (we have that too but, we only have like 1~2 beaches, the rest is more or less sheer cliff) and if we do start creating/moving unique/existing resources and tools around, we might want to keep some things in mind.

Certain tools in Loreroot (all axes for example) and certain tools in Marind Bell (all dowsing tools for example) are restricted to only being usable by Loreroot/MB citizens respectively.

If we create/move stuff around, I humbly suggest we remove those Limiters and just make all tools available to the public. We might also want to rethink how many tools can be taken from each place, my suggestion here is 1 of Each (So the end digit would depend on tool variety).

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Ungod said:

redistributing would mean a new tool in the capitol

1 hour ago, Fang Archbane said:

Certain tools in Loreroot (all axes for example) and certain tools in Marind Bell (all dowsing tools for example) are restricted to only being usable by Loreroot/MB citizens respectively.

If we create/move stuff around, I humbly suggest we remove those Limiters and just make all tools available to the public. We might also want to rethink how many tools can be taken from each place, my suggestion here is 1 of Each (So the end digit would depend on tool variety).

My work on this will be part of my review of the resources which may involve a total rework of all resources currently in MagicDuel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Handy Pockets is having trouble with getting on the forum.... here are her suggestions:

What about glass made from sand, and a very hot wood fired oven as in the clay making oven.

Also Linen fabric from flax. very fine flax can make fancy material. and not so fine flax can make burlap. I think Burlap might be interesting.

The Linen from flax that can be grown in the gardens that are at different locations.  A weaving loom could be in MB made from fine lumber.   simple , I think called carding tools can be made.  Needles from bone.  

glass would need high temps in oven.  I think lovely items can be blown from the melting glass from a kiln.  Might  be lots of tools to do this glass blowing.