Heads contest

death ray

So, since the map for certain areas only shows for that area, how about when scoring for the heads each map location offer the player a specific reward. And of course a grand total prize be offered for the total of all areas. NC and the maze are of the harder places to be during the contest.  

So this is my base line idea, I'll assume ya'll will fine tune it with me! 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

All location and restricted scene must be open during Heads Contest.

Or just have it where the heads start to deplete the longer they stay there, or don't have score points counted while in such areas. Better yet, have to where it drops there total score! Instead of adding to it!

51 minutes ago, death ray said:

Or just have it where the heads start to deplete the longer they stay there, or don't have score points counted while in such areas. Better yet, have to where it drops there total score! Instead of adding to it!

Maybe, also the participants only can enter those restricted scene;) but I like your idea.

Accessible area is good no hiding only log out;)

Easiest way to code might be:

Random intervals accumulate more points.

Point value gets a multiplier based on accessibility of land but the reverse - NC is LOW points, out in the open is HIGH points (bravery).

Negative points if you're offline with heads.

• Root Admin

I was wondering whether having something a bit different like:

* Unable to log out within a minute of attacking someone

* You also gain 1/3 of the heads you win off someone, as score immediately

* Winning battles gives heads

I wonder if that would mix things up more?

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Aia del Mana said:

Mayhap, one should also be too exhausted from combat to alter of their scenery for this duration also?

I see a lot of "hit and logout" play which seems a bit unfair. Attack and run is a tad more interesting but you can also argue maybe you shouldn't be able to move scene too? I shall ponder and see what others think.

Gather heads and log out is essentially the best strategy if you know you have the most/all of the heads in the realm. You can get heads from bounties which increases the volatility of this strategy but overall those amounts have been somewhat low, possibly in the hundreds per player throughout a year.
Redeeming a group of bounties for heads can net you a large score quickly and help to counteract heads balls held by offline players depending on how many heads are active currently, resetting head amounts for each contest makes this strategy much more powerful but inconsistent.

Overall I would suggest you need to stay online to gain points but this isn't exactly a solution. Some other metric like fighting would be ideal as a lot of the contest is about avoiding eachother after you have fought, and preferably finding easy targets to begin with.

So things like "* Winning battles gives heads" or "If you log out you forfeit 1/3 heads plus you either don't gain score or you lose bit by bit in score" I can agree with.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, death ray said:

So, since the map for certain areas only shows for that area, how about when scoring for the heads each map location offer the player a specific reward. And of course a grand total prize be offered for the total of all areas. NC and the maze are of the harder places to be during the contest.  

So you get points separately for each land you are in? Or each lands citizens get rewards?

6 hours ago, Mallos said:

So you get points separately for each land you are in? Or each lands citizens get rewards?

Each land would have it's own score for heads offering a separate prize (NC could offer Pass papers for instance) And for the grand total of heads for all lands be the grand daddy prize. But your latter part of the question leads also to a good idea, but i don't think collectively we are ready for that. 

On 1/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, death ray said:

something along this idea

Additional

allow all spell to work during the heads contest.

Open all restricted scene.

20 heads requirements to enter restricted scene.

30 AP dropped when you walk freely If you are not familiar of that scene. Every step drop 30AP.

WHAT ABOUT teamwork? Sign up cost 1gc, 3 member per group. 

I also like this idea 

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Additional

allow all spell to work during the heads contest.

Open all restricted scene.

20 heads requirements to enter restricted scene.

30 AP dropped when you walk freely If you are not familiar of that scene. Every step drop 30AP.

WHAT ABOUT teamwork? Sign up cost 1gc, 3 member per group. 

3 hours ago, Ledah said:

Not a fan of opening restricted scenes at all, somewhat makes restricting them... pointless.

For teamwork, may as well have a torch contest instead of heads.

Why not open up a few scenes? Would be a nice added touch just for the contest!

It's a new dynamic to an old game mechanic, it'll be great! 

I could quickly build you a "funhouse" all black scenes in the dark, only glowing arrows visible, and those mostly one-way.

How fun would THAT be?

Probably not "kosher" but fun to think about.

Edited by Fyrd Argentus