Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MagicDuel Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

md emails

Featured Replies

  • Root Admin

I want to send emails to md population, other than registration and bounty emails.
There are a few reasons for this:

- keeping players that don't visit often still engaged, such an email might have kept a lot of new accounts returning.
- keeping the sender reputation high, so that important account related emails get to the inbox
- we are moving to a different email provider, to solve issues with blocked email providers such as microsoft, right now nobody with a microsoft (msn, outlook, etc) eamail, probably other, can't get essential emails so basically they can not register. The new provider will have a huge monthly limit and i feel bad paying a lot of money and send just 0.5% of what i buy.

Just like you, I hate spam, so i don't want to turn this into an other spam source. I want to send genuinely useful emails, with everything under your control to chose what you want to get and what not, but i need some suggestions as to what YOU would like to receive by email (and what not). I don't care about what you think it could be useful for others, that i can think of myself, i want to hear what you would want to receive.

Some ideas:
- pm to email
- summaries with what has been going on in the realm that week (chat summary, monitor certain places)
- reminders when your pet is hungry, or a slot is freed
- notifications and warning for the auctions you participate in
- player monitoring, or other event monitoring, such as to get an email when your name shows up in announcements, or someone uses @playername in chat
- weekly tips on how to use some of your unused items creatively, maybe you have some that you forgot about or dont know they could do one or the other thing
- weekly announcements digest
- monthly, then trimestrial reminder to return, maybe even get some benefits if you get back after x months of inactivity, to motivate abandoned accounts to return

..i am open to suggestions.. what would you want to receive, and what from the above list you wouldn't want to be an option. All of them will be optional of course.

This is an awesome idea!

Since they'll be optional, I think all are very valid options. I particularly like the summaries and player monitoring (only able to monitor your own playername, right?).

I think the summaries, item tips and announcements digest could be shown in something like the old MD Newspaper (MDNP). As an avid reader of newsletters, I'd love to receive a weekly MD one. Maybe add about 3 recently popular pet pictures to it too?

Current and upcoming quests and events would be interesting as well, but might require forum parsing.

The only ones I'm not so sure about are the auction and pet notifications. I kinda think those should stay ingame.

I like emails ;)

- pm to email - Yes please, been wanting that back for some time
- summaries with what has been going on in the realm that week (chat summary, monitor certain places) - I don't like this, you are either in the game or not. Also, what begins with n and rhymes with ava?
- reminders when your pet is hungry, or a slot is freed - Yes please
- notifications and warning for the auctions you participate in - Yes please
- player monitoring, or other event monitoring, such as to get an email when your name shows up in announcements, or someone uses @playername in chat - Yes please
- weekly tips on how to use some of your unused items creatively, maybe you have some that you forgot about or dont know they could do one or the other thing - I wouldn't be interested personally, but personalised emails like that could be interesting to people, and things like your oldest crit is now 18 etc. trivia for your account ;)
- weekly announcements digest - Could be interesting for semi active folks
- monthly, then trimestrial reminder to return, maybe even get some benefits if you get back after x months of inactivity, to motivate abandoned accounts to return - Reminder to return is nice, especially big summaries of what has changed, why you should come back, anniversary, halloween, events etc. No to rewards for coming back unless they are inconsequential, like small stat boosts - I understood why WPs were given out that one time, but I did not agree with it. Whilst players coming back is valuable, people should not be rewarded for coming back over activity. Also, did giving a WP attract many people back, because if not, idk what would to an extent - maybe free shop items.

I think there's a lot of great ones, but weekly mails seem too much for me. I'd aim for monthly summaries, otherwise it'll probably turn into background noise in my inbox in no time

  • Root Admin
2 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

- pm to email

Would be great

2 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

- summaries with what has been going on in the realm that week (chat summary, monitor certain places)

Sounds good although it might encourage more chat-cleaning which would be interesting. I'm not sure I want a summary saying someone wrote evo spam four thousand times

2 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

- player monitoring, or other event monitoring, such as to get an email when your name shows up in announcements, or someone uses @playername in chat

Sounds cheeky

2 hours ago, Muratus del Mur said:

..i am open to suggestions.. what would you want to receive, and what from the above list you wouldn't want to be an option. All of them will be optional of course.

I would like a weekly summary of stats gained, showing progress over time, etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Forum Statistics

  • Total Topics 17.6k
  • Total Posts 183k

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.