Or Mur has a cruel and evily twisted plan to get more avatars by not announcing the winner, even though there already is one, thus having more people send in drawings when the contest is actually already over. Buahahahaha. I doubt it, but I gotta say I'd have to respect the evil geniousness of the plan were that the case.

I have not drawn in a long time. Many have seen my depiction of Windy. I would like to get the old juices flowing again. Where does one send the artwork? To your pm directly or put them on the forum? [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons//cool.gif[/img]

The email address to send to is:

glordamar@gmail.com

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything about this in awhile, but I've had some things I've had to deal with. I hope you'll all forgive me for it. I have had many entries, some very good, most quite interesting... I'll be sending in samples of everything I have to Mur, but I'll be stripping it down to just the acceptable ones. If any of your avatars are accepted, you will receive a payment in credits for those avatars. Anyone that produces consistent, strong avatars, where somewhere around 8 or more of their avatars are usable in terms of quality, will be considered for membership in the Artisan's Guild.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='GlorDamar' date='31 August 2009 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1251738337' post='40540']
The email address to send to is:

glordamar@gmail.com

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything about this in awhile, but I've had some things I've had to deal with. I hope you'll all forgive me for it. I have had many entries, some very good, most quite interesting... I'll be sending in samples of everything I have to Mur, but I'll be stripping it down to just the acceptable ones. If any of your avatars are accepted, you will receive a payment in credits for those avatars. Anyone that produces consistent, strong avatars, where somewhere around 8 or more of their avatars are usable in terms of quality, will be considered for membership in the Artisan's Guild.
[/quote]

i forgive you glor *smiles* and i hope every thing is ok now at your end.

Edited by ladytwin

[color="#8b0000"]Considering there is no more Artisans, due to inactivity, as the announcements say, sample art will be sent to [b]manu@magicduel.com[/b][/color]

[quote][color="#cccccc"][2009-10-03 12:54:47 - Alpha 9][/color]
The Artisans Guild was disbanded.
Reasons: They were unable to create a constant flow of artists to submit artworks. They kept their ranks closed for a huge period of time, IGNORING artworks submited on the forum by people with great potential, instead they sent in artworks that were not checked for authenticity and they were copied/stolen. The Artisans _guild_ became just a nice alliance logo to keep the reputation of their inhabitants but its management was unable to keep it running as it should. For a while there won't be an other start for the Artisans Guild. All current members (that were selected just now close to the festival anyway) were removed from the guild. All its current members with a rank within the guild will have their tags adjusted.

Players that submited artowrks samples and never got an answer back are requested to submit it again this time to manu@magicduel.com. For now, all artwork related things will be sent to me directly.[/quote]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a little rusty, but I am going to try my hand and drawing some avatars. Is there a criteria I should be aware of? Like size, medium, ect?[img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img]

As you can see from my avatar to the left, my art is way different from Glor's. I haven't seen him in awhile...miss you!

Edited by Windy

• 1 month later...

If you wish to submit artworks, feel free to submit them to the email mentioned above. And there's a fanart post around somewhere, or the gallery to upload a few pics if you wish to share them with us all :huh:

But yeah, send the artworks to the email, perhaps they'll get accepted.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' date='25 March 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1269561305' post='56904']
If you wish to submit artworks, feel free to submit them to the email mentioned above. And there's a fanart post around somewhere, or the gallery to upload a few pics if you wish to share them with us all :P

But yeah, send the artworks to the email, perhaps they'll get accepted.
[/quote]
What is this e-mail i have some artworks but i dont know the e-mail, but we need 10 avatars i see what i can do,
and thank you for the oportunity[attachment=1536:1367411760_49be594362_o.jpg]

[quote name='Akasha' date='03 October 2009 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1254564649' post='43575']
[color="#8b0000"]sample art will be sent to [b]art(at)magicduel.com[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Edited by Chewett

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' date='29 March 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1269864600']
[quote name='Akasha' date='03 October 2009 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1254564649' post='43575']
[color="#8b0000"]sample art will be sent to [b]art(at)magicduel.com[/b][/color]
[/quote]
[/quote]

the avatar bounty is NOT currently active, please read the entire topic before posting stupid comments such as "is this still running?"

As akasha and then grido have said. If you make avatars, send it to the above address

EDIT: thanks akasha for correcting me and grido :)

Edited by Chewett

So the other day I donated a credit to the Artisan's Guild in hopes of supporting the Avatar creation process (per the Treasury tab).
Yesterday I read that it is defunct. So where did my credit go?

More to the point, what CAN we graphically-challenged types do to help the process?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' date='11 April 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1271011028' post='57957']
So the other day I donated a credit to the Artisan's Guild in hopes of supporting the Avatar creation process (per the Treasury tab).
Yesterday I read that it is defunct. So where did my credit go?

More to the point, what CAN we graphically-challenged types do to help the process?
[/quote]

hmm, the first is a very good question. I would think its just went into the pool of credits, I suppose Mur will think of something useful to do with them, probably reward Artists with them or Maybe if the guild gets up and running again it will be put towards them.

Your second question is a little easier to answer. Mur really wants his game to feature the highest quality graphics and in additon, to be in the current style of MD. That however means that some of the more enthusiatic but less talented artists will probably not be wanted. My suggestion, perhaps post some of your images on the forum, see what people think, and if you really want to go for it, mail one or two to Mur.

I would think that Fyrd implied that he was just as graphically challenged as me... we can't draw more than straight lines, and we need straightedges for that :D

Unfortunately, there's not really much we can do, except for telling awesome artists about MD and hoping that they'll like it just enough to draw for it :blink: