Pip For Marind Bell King!

Pipstickz

I am running for king of Marind Bell because I think it should be a more neutral land, being the most publicly available land (neutral lands not counting), but still have an opinion, and the ability to enforce that opinion. I think Marind Bell SHOULD have a very strong fighting force, but the fighting force should be more applied to the defense or Marind Bell, not offense. I'd like to try and take the community's opinions into consideration when making decisions, because a ruler that disregards his people isn't really a ruler, is he?

As King I would ensure that Marind Bell remains the open land to all and peaceful, Also when given the authority I would ensure and Unbiased reward system for people who do participate in the torch competition as it is not only those of the alliances of Marind Bell whom do so. As King I would work to keep all political ties peaceful and ensure that there are no rash, shameful actions such as with the last war against Necrovion. I would fully support the researching and defense as those are the alliance's goals, but keep things flowing in such a way that there will, hopefully, not be a need for defense other than for the sake of friendly competition.

I would also use the power given to me as king to offer full support to the sparring grounds as they have been always been a crucial part of Marind Bell.

My diplomatic goal for Marind Bell is to be friendly to all lands, but then again, most public doesn't necessarily mean most defenseless. I would like to try a competition for most stats gained in a week, running once per month, perhaps at the same time as heads contest.

Also, I promise to put a Canadian flag on top of Winds Sanctuary :P

PS: I don't really promise to plant a Canadian flag on Winds, or anywhere in MD, but it can't hurt to try!

Key Points:

-Keeping Marind Bell Peaceful by improving diplomatic relations with other lands
-Fair Rewards to those supporting the Land
-Encouraging Defense of Marind Bell
-Support for the Sparring Grounds
-Fair decisions with in Mind with all the citizens of Marind Bell

Open for discussion and the like ^^

Oh, and in case you didn't realize, yeah, I'm running for king :D

PS: Refer to Key Points if you're too lazy to read through the whole thing.

He's got heart as big as a potato, and in all honesty I'm torn between him and Lifeline. I've known them both from the start and they have both been true friends... The first time I met Pip was when me, Logan, Pample, Inno, and Pip used to tell stories up in Marind's bedroom, those were the days. Pip has concern for the common man, and I trust he will be able to make the right descisions. Pip, I know you will do well by MB and I will more than happily vouch for you to any who care to ask.

~Captain Cryxus X'hal

Edited by cryxus

-Keeping Marind Bell Peaceful by improving diplomatic relations with other lands

For a French Fried Potato from Canada, I am actually pleasantly surprised that you have a plan, Pip. Your points actually are well thought out and are unselfish. Well, except for that wanting to put a Canadian flag on Winds Sanctuary... :D.

As a former Dojo Mistress I am interested in hearing how you plan to back up the Sparring Grounds and punish repeat violators. The Dojo Staff were unable to back it up and whomever is in place now is also unable to punish violators. The most they are doing right now is attacking violators personally off Dojo/Sparring grounds. Perhaps you can expand on how as King, you will protect the People of Magic Duel.

I will be looking to see who else campaigns as MarindBell King...or Queen and my vote cannot be bribed. I don't care if you promise me a full furnished nursery or months worth of chocolate. Like I said, my vote cant be bought!

Mhm..Well Sage, seeing as you do think I'm unable to punish the people:

Actually yes, there is a system for it. It's just that i never heard enough complaints about people, so I assume they are able to take a few hits instead of having to cry every single time.

On topic again:

Even though support is welcome. Do not mistake the SG being unable to stand by itself, if the need ever exists.

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='21 October 2009 - 04:54 AM' timestamp='1256093663' post='45326']
I am running for king of Marind Bell because I think it should be a more neutral land, being the most publicly available land (neutral lands not counting), but still have an opinion, and the ability to enforce that opinion. I think Marind Bell SHOULD have a very strong fighting force, but the fighting force should be more applied to the defense or Marind Bell, not offense. I'd like to try and take the community's opinions into consideration when making decisions, because a ruler that disregards his people isn't really a ruler, is he?

As King I would ensure that Marind Bell remains the open land to all and peaceful, Also when given the authority I would ensure and Unbiased reward system for people who do participate in the torch competition as it is not only those of the alliances of Marind Bell whom do so. As King I would work to keep all political ties peaceful and ensure that there are no rash, shameful actions such as with the last war against Necrovion. I would fully support the researching and defense as those are the alliance's goals, but keep things flowing in such a way that there will, hopefully, not be a need for defense other than for the sake of friendly competition.

I would also use the power given to me as king to offer full support to the sparring grounds as they have been always been a crucial part of Marind Bell.

My diplomatic goal for Marind Bell is to be friendly to all lands, but then again, most public doesn't necessarily mean most defenseless. I would like to try a competition for most stats gained in a week, running once per month, perhaps at the same time as heads contest.

Also, I promise to put a Canadian flag on top of Winds Sanctuary ;)

PS: I don't really promise to plant a Canadian flag on Winds, or anywhere in MD, but it can't hurt to try!

Key Points:

Open for discussion and the like ^^

Oh, and in case you didn't realize, yeah, I'm running for king :D

PS: Refer to Key Points if you're too lazy to read through the whole thing.
[/quote]

yay i was already scared that i was running alone for kingship. now we wont have a boring election great. but since this is an open debate i will ask some questions as well.
i am in SoE since winter last year and i never saw u once having any interest in the land or the alliance. i see this coming very quickly. mind explaining ur affiliation to MB here? u know being part of any of the MB alliances or caring for the land for which reason ect...
and how do u plan to do anything with the alliances (e.g. KoB forming a strong defense) if u arent member of that alliance and dont know how it was handled in the past? SoE is for example the main alliance with 50 seats of the land. how are u affiliated to it? know members and leadership structures? i think a king should first of all be close to his own ppl in the land. know about the leadership structures to be able to co-operate with them easily. nothing is worse than a land torn between the alliance and a king who cant communicate with them. i am well aware that everybody can vote for the king of a land but isnt the support from the ppl within the land most important? at least that is what started this whole thing with trying to remove yrth. how many good relationships with ppl inside Marind Bell do u have to safely say u wont run a land without its most loyal ppl backing u up?
lets take KoB (being the military and defending alliance of MB) for example because u want to form a strong defense for MB. KoB was just a few days ago handed back to me by Jester. i have the same plans for the alliance as u. so here my question? how do u plan to influence the alliance if u were never member of it and the ppl within it are loyal to somebody else?

about those fair rewards: u spoke of the torch competition...i am sure u know very well that MB was never able to score a single point in the torch competition and if the torch competition doesnt change it will never stand a chance to win a single point even if u have the strongest military of all lands. so how can u distribute fair rewards if there never will be any?

in the next part u speak of supporting the researching because its the alliances goal. do u have any idea were MB stands in its researches? what the alliance accomplished in research and how far they have gotten?

• Root Admin

[quote name='Liberty4life' date='21 October 2009 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1256122222' post='45349']
unless chew doesnt candidates me votes for ya as well :D
[/quote]

My Vote if Firmly Behind lifeline, We shall Be co Running the Land with him king and me being the council head until we have a vote and another person succeeds me.

I urge you, If something occurs such as this, wanting to vote for i and not Lifeline, I urge you to vote for him. He holds my principles and Values and know that he will make a great king

Lifeline, the main point I'm getting from your post is "You've never been affiliated with Marind Bell, so why run for king?"

Where does it say I have to be a long-time citizen to be king? I have ideas to make Marind Bell a better place, in my opinion, and I'd like to try and put them into action. What I don't know I can learn through interaction with alliance leaders and members. As an example, if there was a war we weren't involved in, and you, Lifeline, wanted to attack or assist someone, while the other alliance members didn't, we wouldn't. You, acting alone, could, if you wanted to, but if the rest of the alliance (and citizens, for that matter) wouldn't have to.

And to Shadowseeker, I didn't mean to say that you can't run the Sparring Grounds yourself, I'd just like to help in any way I can, as it's a big part of Marind Bell ^^

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='22 October 2009 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1256166077' post='45391']
Lifeline, the main point I'm getting from your post is "You've never been affiliated with Marind Bell, so why run for king?"

Where does it say I have to be a long-time citizen to be king? I have ideas to make Marind Bell a better place, in my opinion, and I'd like to try and put them into action. What I don't know I can learn through interaction with alliance leaders and members. As an example, if there was a war we weren't involved in, and you, Lifeline, wanted to attack or assist someone, while the other alliance members didn't, we wouldn't. You, acting alone, could, if you wanted to, but if the rest of the alliance (and citizens, for that matter) wouldn't have to.

And to Shadowseeker, I didn't mean to say that you can't run the Sparring Grounds yourself, I'd just like to help in any way I can, as it's a big part of Marind Bell ^^
[/quote]

of course it doesnt say anywhere that a strong background with the land is needed. and i am happy that u show interest in the land and want to improve it. i only see problems arising if there is a lag of communication between the king and ppl within the land. in my opinion the king should first of all represent his people and their values. if a king has been very little affiliated with the land and its inhabitants it is very likely that he wont be able to run any projects because he simply has no backup from his own citizen within the land. i am simply concerned about the well beeing of the land and dont want to see an event like in golemus repeated. where ppl within the land try to dispose of their king because he lags identification with them. for the already weakened MB that would be devasting and a horrible fate.

actually as ya said... in mb there arent much ppl, so problems ya pointed out that could arise are minimal, few ppl that are left in mb wont make any communication difficulties, why, well becoz there are few left, and in mb didnt happened much, nothin like in lore where ppl are actually doin something, well i think that ppl in lore are only ones that are actually doin something on longer term and what needs more ppl involved, from wot i saw everyone else do individual stuff if they do it at all, thing is that i see change of mb in pips plans, a change that is needed to bring new ppl, although his plans seem minor and uneffective, those points are small but they arent uneffective, they have nice chance to bring good amount of new ppl to mb, your plans lifeline lack exactly that, ya are just preserving old order in mb and promising restructure of alliances, and no politics to bring in new ppl, empty restructured alliances mean nothing, at this point when land is in ruin and asks for rebuilding or new birth ya must bring quantity of ppl at this point quality doesnt matters, same with tradition, its good thing if ya can manage to keep it, but tradition is nothin more than way of living of ppl that live in land, if population falls to low numbers while territory is still same size, then if ya want to survive ya need get new ppl.. immigrants, and then new ppl will be in bigger numbers than original citizens, and thus tradition has no chance of staying same, it is forced to change

good that u read my application so well lib -.-
i said that i keep KoB as military yes tradition fine. but u sadly have no clue what i am doing. chew and i already got a new recruiter and no its none of ur old ppl somebody new who promises to bring change.
and as for SoE i did write that i open it to a much wider range of players! not just seekers... whats that to u tradition? no! its a complete restructure ...new sections will be added for much more players. when i speak of rebuilding i know what i am talking about. but i dont get ur logic in here anyway. u say u would vote for chew who wants to do the same as me but then say that i am not capable of rebuilding MB because of my and chews policy which u didnt read or totally misinterpreted? but ok here is my applications again (with one paragraph added) so u can reread it and not miss key things anymore:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to candidate for kingship of Marind Bell. Chewett and I have both agreed that for a strong land a united leadership is necessary to give a clear vision and purpose to all citizens. Inner quarrels for power just weaken the land and bring unrest. We both want the best for Marind Bell and therefore will only act in its best interest and as always co-operate. The war has weakened Marind Bell and the alliances need to be restructured and rebuild. This can only be accomplished if we support each other. We have agreed on the same goal, the same policy, and the same vision. Chewett as council leader will be helping, supporting and advising me.

My main task at first will be to restructure the alliances. [b]Marind Bell alliances will expand[/b]. Up until now we only accepted “Seekers” into Seekers of Enlightenment and strong military players into Knights of the Bell. KoB will stay the military alliance of Marind Bell but [b]SoE on the other hand will become more player friendly and not just recruit one kind of people. We will have different sections within the alliance open to a wider range of players.[/b]

Diplomatic relationships to other lands are very important to ensure that no unnecessary wars and conflicts break out. Therefore I will cultivate my existing friendships with Loreroot and Golemus and improve my relationships with Necro. There should be a good level of communication between the lands to assure a state of better understanding.

Marind Bell will keep its tradition as homeland to all those seeking knowledge and hoping to unfold its secrets. The home of Angiens and a place for all those wishing to understand them better and seeking contact. [b]We will improve on its history by offering new objectives for explorers and fighters alike.[/b]

I have been member of Seekers of Enlightenment since winter last year and became leader of the alliance about 4 month ago. Just a few days ago KoB was handed back to me and fully belongs to Marind Bell again. Now that all MB alliances are under our control again the first step towards an improved and unified Marind Bell is accomplished and the rebuilding will be a much easier task to follow.

Short summary:
- Strengthen Marind Bell with an already united leadership to make it a powerful and unique land
- Rebuild KoB (Knights of the Bell) which was just handed back to me and make it the defending and military alliance of MB
- [b]Restructure SoE (Seekers of Enlightenment) by opening it to a wider range of players and being more players friendly[/b]
- Cultivate and improve diplomatic relationships with the other lands
- Improve the history of Marind Bell
- [b]Offer new objectives for explorers and fighters[/b]

EDIT: lib i highlighted the parts u seemed to miss last time u read it. those parts that speak of change and MB alliance expanding with new ppl.

Edited by Lifeline

no i didnt missed them, i just think thats nothin that will effect it in way it should, opening new sections doenst means ppl would join, being friendly to all, spending time with all players, supporting them and events they make without first being called for support, those things bring interest in joining, not a open spot, open spot can be found everywhere but why would players chose spot ya opened and not somebody else?

i understand that i am running this from a political point of view very bad. because i only promise what i know i can keep unlike pip who for example promises torch rewards that can never be realized. and as for bringing ppl into MB...the only way for sure i can see right now is through the 2 alliances what i want to do. i cant make any promises on the citizen thingy because we got no clue how that will work out. but as i already said and tried to point out in my application i will try to get more ppl into MB. i am a person who will only run with what i feel is possible and dont like giving players nice visions of an illusion that will never be fulfilled. call me politically stupid if u want but that is how i like to keep things. ppl should be sure that i keep what i promise and have ways to realize it.

Ok. Stop arguing and vote for me! Yes, that's right. Vote for dst!! Shall I start with the "what I will do/wanna do" speech? I would rather not. You all know me: what I did, do, what are my opinions and so on. So...start voting :) Oh wait...until Mur puts the voting link ;)

Its obvious you should vote for me as Marind Bell King. I mean, I fit perfectly in that job!

Ok, ok so maybe not but two things Pip:

1) Potato and Potato related products? (french fries?)

2) Fix your bacon. That's not bacon. That's ham.

So...what have Lifeline and Chewett done for Marind Bell lately? They've both been alliance leaders, and have had the chance, but have they done anything? How many Marind Bell alliance members do you see out and about, compared to other alliances? The latest positive change I see in Marind Bell is the Sparring Grounds.

Oh, and if you don't want to see Marind Bell replace a bad king, do you really have the land's best interests in mind? ;)

Refering to this:
[quote name='Lifeline' date='22 October 2009 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1256199071' post='45425']
i am simply concerned about the well beeing of the land and dont want to see an event like in golemus repeated. where ppl within the land try to dispose of their king because he lags identification with them. for the already weakened MB that would be devasting and a horrible fate.
[/quote]

Edited by Pipstickz

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' date='23 October 2009 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1256257671' post='45516']
So...what have Lifeline and Chewett done for Marind Bell lately? They've both been alliance leaders, and have had the chance, but have they done anything? How many Marind Bell alliance members do you see out and about, compared to other alliances? The latest positive change I see in Marind Bell is the Sparring Grounds.
[/quote]

Very Good question, What have we done. Nothing.

But there is a reason, if a bad one for that. Mur.

If you read the adventure log there were several meetings with I, Liberty and Him. In those meetings he outlined a plan for Marind Bell that he wanted to take Forward. Changing the alliance structure and also Making Himself the head of The Soe For the period of time. Now in that meeting we were told to do nothing about Soe and Marind Bell until Mur had readied the changes, and then made them.

We have followed what he asked of us, until recently when we asked him about his plan, Which he confessed he had forgotten entirely. So, We are to blame in the fact that we followed Murs plan, But i would not say that is something we could have refused

I do not blame Mur for this issue, for he is busy, But i am saddened that you Pip are asking what we have done and i have had to say this. All the plans he made with us, Cannot be fufilled. Much time spent preparing the alliances, and waiting for Mur to make the final move. All for nothing.

[b]We will move on. We will make Marind Bell Better. And We shall NOT rely on one person to help us do this.[/b]

We Do not need the King position to continue our plans, For they are ones that the Kingship only has interrupted breifly. We are now collecting together a new "team" so we can work effectively. If Lifeline is made king or if Pip is made king, we shall follow our plan. For we believe it is a good one.

And on a final note I ask myself, [b]What have you done for MB Pip? Or even better, What have you planned for it?[/b] Because the changes Mur had planned were something that would have Made MB one of the most intresting and strongest lands. And we did not want to sacrifice that for a couple of stupid things that Mur didnt like.

Edited by Chewett

[quote name='Chewett' date='22 October 2009 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1256275729' post='45522']
And on a final note I ask myself, [b]What have you done for MB Pip? Or even better, What have you planned for it?[/b]
[/quote]
I haven't done anything, simply because I haven't had the chance. If I'd tried to join SoE, I would've been rejected, because I've been in all those alliances. If I'd tried to join KoB, well, have you fought me lately? It's getting better, but I'm still no match for most big MP5s.

Now, if you don't know what I [b]plan[/b] for Marind Bell, you haven't read the topic very well. First post should be the first one you read, shouldn't it?

So, Chewett, your part in this election? It's just a little plan to get a few more votes. If you and Lifeline "always agree", then what's the point of having you as co-leader? And besides, if you haven't noticed, the last co-leader got kicked and demoted from his land. Sure, circumstances were a bit interesting, but, according to Mur, the king will have all the power, meaning if you disagree, the king could go ahead and punish you. If you agree with Lifeline to have equal power between the two of you, then you disagree, what then? Sure, put it to a vote for the citizens of Marind Bell. Say Chewett wins this vote, Lifeline still wants it his way, and does it anyways.

I can keep going if you want x3