Sunny Bedroom

dst

Well....if I were to look at the many sides of all the arguments...I'd suggest asking Pip.

1)He's part of the tribunal lands
2)He's the head of that other alliance therefore not under the control of Phantasm
3)He's in no relationship that I'm aware of meaning he'd have no real need to use the keys himself.

*sigh*

I resisted replying for whole yesterday, but me infatuated with dst. Please I'd like to hear more.... seriously where do comments like this come from?

Miq

[quote name='Pazur' date='18 June 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1276840768' post='62157']
Ok, back on topic with another name in the mix: Fyrd Argentus. He’s a good dude and in a neutral alliance
[/quote]
Fyrd isn't actually Neutral.

While he is a Legend Speaker, both he and I consider him a Bellite. His work is focused on Marind Bell, and when I have a task that involves that land he is the first person I turn to.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='17 June 2010 - 04:36 AM' timestamp='1276770991' post='62049']
regarding who should have the keys, I want the experiment to continue, it should be a [b]less popular[/b], but devoted character. No celebrity will get the keys. Player should not have any significant Alts, He should have enough active days, and should show from previous activity that he is involved and cares. I was about to pick someone, but since you showed initiative, let's see who You pick.
[/quote]
See the bolded information.

By being new, or not actively chatting with most people.

Here are some folks i'd consider:

Ectremere, if he stays
hogar
Trucida
ladytwin (who is unfortunately affliated with a land, so... probably not fitting)

hmm how about no player gets it :P

Could it be coded in that you pat 1 silver to
a NPC/coin box and you recive the key item for
say 2 hours. Once the time is up the key goes
back to the box. This takes away for the need of
getting a player to take care of the keys and have
them beeing online all the time.

This would also cover the issue of diffrent time zones
and people not beeing online when someone in a diffrent
time zone wants the key?

Just something to put in there. I think it would be an
easer way to resolve this who should we pick.

Or Mur just pick the player you were going to pick and be done with this :D

Oh wow! You really don't appreciate an honest person! :P (yeah, like I care about that).
Anyways, seems like I painted a target on Miq's back (sorry Miq).
@Pazur:that was exactly what I was looking for: a reaction to confirm my theory. Thank you! (pssst: yes! you got it! I want Miq to have the keys so we can spend time together (Grido, you're not reading this!)).

Now serious:an npc would be the best idea but since there is none a solution must be found.
Kyphis is too popular but I would vote for him nevertheless.
Fryd...hmm...maybe.

We can't discard players for being in alliances. That shows they are involved.

I agree that yrth's idea is very good. However, it would seem a poor reflection on us as a community if we can't at least choose one name >.<

The names I think suitable so far: Pip, Yoshi, Sephirah, Pazur, Miq, Ectremere.

Though I agree that having the key holder as part of an alliance may suggest some kind of bias, all they have to do is give out a couple of keys and take payment. It would seem that not many people use the room anyway. If spells are disabled for the room, there shouldn't be a problem. As for the time zone issue, this never came up when Elthen held the keys, so maybe choose someone of his time zone.

[quote name='dst' date='18 June 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1276851671' post='62181']
@Pazur:that was exactly what I was looking for: a reaction to confirm my theory. Thank you! (pssst: yes! you got it! I want Miq to have the keys so we can spend time together (Grido, you're not reading this!)).
[/quote]

I have no problem spending 1 sc for some time in the bedroom with you dst so don't worry about me getting the keys.

Miq

[quote name='Yrthilian' date='18 June 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1276853515' post='62185']
But i still think a coin box or npc is a good idea :P
but then again i would.
[/quote]

haha

I do think it is a very good idea though, it would stop mountains being made of molehills :D

As a mod: Stop the side comments. The next I read receives a warn, and I'll really move the stuff out.

As for why we can't choose a name...some of the names listed are solely there because of the interest in that position.

Ectremere, Pazur, Miq are the only ones I may consider so far, though I'm not voting for anyone. Nobody else?

It's hard to get the names, but try to think..I'm not exactly involved with the newbies, so I can't name any myself.

[quote name='dst' date='17 June 2010 - 05:28 PM' timestamp='1276813733' post='62121']
Ah, I remember her now (I think). She the noob that used to write huuge posts on the forum that I never had the patience to read.

She's waaay to new for a job like this.
[/quote]

^By all means my most favourite post about myself out of all of the ones made so far!

If I'm narrowed down as a candidate, I wouldn't be adverse if it somehow fell to me. I'm actually overcome that I was considered at all. Thanks for the vote of confidence either way.

As for my whereabouts, yes, I usually haunt no man's land, the howling gates, GoE, and the park.

Edited by Aysun

This is a list that I present, I guess it are missing names, but I tried to let the ones that were considered more fit with [color="#FF0000"]Mur[/color]'s sugestion:

Adiomino,
Assira the Black,
Awiiya,
Aysun,
Fenrir
Fyrd,
Hogar
Kyphis,
Lightsage,
Miq,
Pazur,
Sephira,
Trucida

PS: noob question: Why a player from an Alliance of a neutral land isnt considered a neutral caracter ? (to clarify: Sephirah (CT), Ladytwin (CT), Assira (SS) and Pip (SS) > East Lands ). (edit1 and 2: [s]Partially[/s] Totally responded by Burns. Thaks Burns.)

~Sephs

Edited by Sephirah Caelum

Because what you consider a neutral land is just quite simply a not-main land.
The allies in those lands and the players in those allies are still more devoted to that land than to other lands or to neutral players, and people obviously have an issue with the keyholder having preferences about whom to give the key to or not.

Out of Seph's list, I'd vote for Miq. I know him more than the others and think he fits Mur's criteria best.

I still prefer it to be automated, if possible, due to timezone difficulties. Or maybe have 2 people on the job, transferring keys to each other before logout.

Incidentally, I saw Morgana le Fey on recently. Morg was the "Keeper of the Keys"... :D

• Root Admin

[quote name='apophys' date='19 June 2010 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1276923532' post='62225']
Incidentally, I saw Morgana le Fey on recently. Morg was the "Keeper of the Keys"... :D
[/quote]

Tis not the real Morgana sadly, it is only when the MR's decide to log on their alts.

unless something has occured recently.

Edited by Chewett