Xp Bug

Espartano

To be honest the most reasonable explanation is that you made a mistake somewhere in your calculations or assumptions. I have seen people who read 2404804 as 240 thousand errors are common.

Now do the real reason why i write here. You all think that ability to give limitless xp in sanc while logged out on day of tranc. accross mp's is normal? Or even something that should be allowed even if the mechanics allow it?

Miq

[quote name='Miq' date='24 July 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1279999106' post='64548']
To be honest the most reasonable explanation is that you made a mistake somewhere in your calculations or assumptions. I have seen people who read 2404804 as 240 thousand errors are common.
Miq
[/quote]
well if I keep explaining several times to be infinitely scrolling issue, I am able to make another identical character and prove to everyone here that it is impossible to leave an mp4 player story mode to free roam, and the same day to reach 3kk xp without anybody apply xp free, ie for the 500kxp to 3kkxp only to defeat loreguards, but as I've done it other times it would be ridiculously useless to do so, the best thing that any other player who has some experience and have recently reached MP4 and learned how to defeat the loreguards tell all of you here, when do it, what xp have before and after doing so.

Good man, you think only me and shadow can give xp to people?
I for once have never, ever, got any special ability from Mur, i only have publically available tools to work with. I'm good at what i'm doing, yes, because i've had a lot of time to try and get better, but it doesn't take an artist to draw a picture. Sure, the amateurs might not have the fine lines that make it a work of art, but the general picture is the same. Anybody you cross can do immensly annoying things to your account, and when you're playing more than one account, you can rest assured that people can and will find out, and concentrate their efforts on the account you care most for. Basically, anybody you ever annoyed can do something like that to you, there's no special power or strange ability in it. It's not nice, but if life was sweet, it'd be called candy.

[quote name='Espartano' date='24 July 2010 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1279997957' post='64544']
I already asked the MUR to check this.
[/quote]

Oh yeah! Good look with that.

I still don't get it:what do you want?

ps:try to write sentences not phrases. It's easier to understand and not so boring.

First off, [size="7"][color="#ff0000"][b]
your complaining because people know more than you[/b][/color][/size] because [b][size="7"][color="#ff0000"]they've been here longer than you[/color][/size][/b].

Second, why are you trying to stay MP4? You should be [size="6"][b]TRYING[/b][/size] to get to mp5, and shouldn't be complaining about being capped.
Finally, why did you bug [size="6"][color="#0000ff"]King Numa[/color][/size] with this? He's a busy person, so [size="6"][b]stop complaining[/b][size="2"],[/size] [b]get over it[/b][/size] and ,[size="7"][b] life's tough[/b][/size], and [color="#ff0000"][b][size="7"]if you won't learn[/size][/b][/color] that [size="7"][color="#ff0000"][b]GO AWAY[/b][/color][/size], and stop bugging us.

Edited by I am Bored

So, you fought the both Lr guards, after a burst, without releasing heat... I'd say there is a pretty obvious explanation for this. You gave the experience to yourself. I am sorry, but that is the only truth.

And you are not the first nor the last player to do it. I do believe Mr Mystery did the same thing... (MM, if it wasn't you, sorry, my memory is failing me lately)

And I did something similar, but I didn't get a burst beforehand and I released some heat before fighting (not all of it) both the first and the second guard, and got around 750-800k exp... Note that I had around 300-400 heat, when fighting them, while you had at least 1k...

I believe that the personal exp indicator lagged (or maybe it was showing cashed values or something) and didn't show the exp gain right away, but only after you reloged.

And believe me, there are no players who know how to "gift" exp who would do it without a big, fat reason. I do not believe you could have communicated with them enough to annoy them that much. And even if you did, most of them have ways to deal with you which are much more creative then experience gain.

[quote name='Ravenstrider' date='24 July 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1280013426' post='64558']
And I did something similar, but I didn't get a burst beforehand and I released some heat before fighting (not all of it) both the first and the second guard, and got around 750-800k exp... Note that I had around 300-400 heat, when fighting them, while you had at least 1k...
[/quote]
Bursts give 2k heat. Fighting also gives heat, so the first Lore guard would add a bit to that.

I agree with ravenstrider.

Sometimes the gains are not reflected immediatly, will not go into the technicallity of this.

Its most likely you got the xp from your fight with the guards.

Btw, if someone did dump a whole load of xp on you, its part of the game.

Its the beauty of the game.

It has a very human touch to everything thats happening, meaning you get the good and bad of human nature.

Learn from bad experiences and move on.

I doubt anything will be done for this issue.

:P

• Root Admin

Regarding your request for me to look into this:
- nothing on your account will be "fixed". bugs, unusual events, etc, leave scars, benefits, or other. they alway did in md.
- your complain is exagerated. this is not abuse of power. It is not even as tragic as you wanted to sound.
- regarding what burns said, even if it is possible, this should be changed. Any form of punishment a player can inflict upon an other player should be limited to respect the general rules. Attacking someone that is not there (for more than 8min or so), can be considered bug abuse. burns, i expect a detailed pm, even if i already know some/most of it, i never managed to fix it, maybe you are doing it differently, so your detailed explenation will help.
- giving forced xp to others is possible, allowed, and some more capable use it as a form of punishment. nothing to do about that, just to avoid getting to deserve it. No player with such power (that is no special ability) use it just out of evilness.
- i doubt you checked your xp right, or that you know the diff between personal xp and creature xp.
- being attacked in tranquility days is a major bug if it occurs. it didnt happened so, as far as the proof you provided. As usual, i will reward anyone helping to fix such a major bug if there is one.
- getting massive xp from guards is very likely. You said you are sure about the first digit of your xp, 1, what if it was 1.8m, then to get to 2m is easy.
- there are ways to lower xp by yourself

you say you play for two years, you should know some things better then. But even if new player asked this, older players should reply you with more respect and not sound like ...that. My personal opinion is that the way you put the problem is making anyone reading it get angry, on you, not on the matter itself. You DEMAND things, not ask for a check and a possible fix. Not even the land kings "demand" things here. Either you arr capable enough to take a matter in your own hands and solve it in alternate ways yourself, or you give the other players, including me, the required respect so that they will look into your issue with more care. In general i mean.

[quote name='Ravenstrider' date='25 July 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1280013426' post='64558']
So, you fought the both Lr guards, after a burst, without releasing heat... You gave the experience to yourself...that is the only truth.
I believe that the personal exp indicator lagged (or maybe it was showing cashed values or something) and didn't show the exp gain right away, but only after you reloged.[/quote]

God bless you to a simple and conclusive answer, if some ppl explained this way at the start, I dont have thinked in bad things.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='25 July 2010 - 06:53 AM' timestamp='1280037210' post='64566']
Regarding your request for me to look into this:
- your complain is exagerated. this is not abuse of power. It is not even as tragic as you wanted to sound.
- getting massive xp from guards is very likely. You said you are sure about the first digit of your xp, 1, what if it was 1.8m, then to get to 2m is easy.(edit>> I mean 2m+1,x =3,0xxnow)

you say you play for two years, you should know some things better then. But even if new player asked this, older players should reply you with more respect and not sound like ...that. My personal opinion is that the way you put the problem is making anyone reading it get angry, on you, not on the matter itself. You DEMAND things, not ask for a check and a possible fix...you give the other players, including me, the required respect so that they will look into your issue with more care. In general i mean.
[/quote]

Comes with this kind of trouble toward you, isnt my original intention, just was suggested by someone... well I told you I'm not a *Smart*an, If I sounded like Demanding things, its because dont understand how it happen(and used wrong words), because the other(s) time(s) I do it the result was very diferent, for sure the amount of heat and my ballanced counter put all that Xp on me and some lag hide it for a few time, and I log out faster...
TNX alot a 2nd time, and I hope you dont hear my name for a long time...

PLS close this topic