Md Awards 2010 - Nominations

Grido

I'm not going to nominate people who have already been nominated, so I'm skipping a few categories.

[b]Best Quote/PL Entry[/b]
dst - "Another challenged player." I can't remember whose PL this is in, but it still makes me smile.

[b]Best Spell Caster[/b]
Jester. Imaginative, evil, and occasionally very funny.

[b]Elite Evil Villain of the Year[/b]
Ivorak. Sure, don't vote for him. Sit with your back to the door. Wake up dead.

[b]Fossil of the Year[/b]
Firsanthalas. Truly a wonderful player in many ways.

[b]Helper of the Year[/b]
Mya Celestia

[b]Best Backstory/Paragon Papers[/b]
Pamplemousse

[b]Most influential[/b]
No one (the player/character, not the pronoun)

[b]Pre-eminent Roleplayer[/b]
Innocence, the best (and most underrated) roleplayer I have ever known. I wish I could list her alternate personae, because that would surely make my point.

[b]Rookie of the Year[/b]
Eon

[b]Superior Orator[/b]
Awiiya. Not only a skilled debater, but an extemporaneous storyteller [i]par excellence.[/i]

[color="#2e8b57"][i]Adventuring Award (quester)
- Nimrodel

Best Artist (give examples,link / whatever)
- Xiizu Hatsuichi (look at my Avy for an example ;) )

Best Back Story / Paragon Papers (back story and quality of papers)
- Zleiphneir

Champion Fighter
-Shemhazaj

Elite Evil Villain of the Year
-Princ Rhaegar

[/i][i]Outstanding Service to MD
- Bob the Tree[/i][/color]

[color="#2e8b57"][i]Pre-eminent Role Player
-Sagewoman
[/i][/color]

Edited by Grido

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1290614237' post='73064']
One thing: please nominate just 1 (ONE) person for each category.
Amoran, please edit your post and choose just one.
[/quote]

:rolleyes: Fixed. I forgot that we can only nominate one person, either way I hope that others will nominate the ones I had to remove. They have all done well.

[color="#0000FF"]Thank you Amoran
dst[/color]

Edited by dst

Best Spell Caster
Princ Rhaeger I havnt forgotten all those prot no multi and freeze spells mate!

The Golden Protector
Princ Rhaegar god he was just a protector for so long

Helper of the Year (Grido can't be nominated)
Tarquinus - personally I dont like the LHOs being nominated dont grill me for it its just a personal opinion, I believe one of those who just helps purely out of kindness when he or she can is most deserving and I think Tarquin is one of those people.

Most Influential
Pamplemousse

Edited by Grido

ok...lot of posts in a day, and in a moment i'm going to be an evil moderator according to the following info.

If a player has already been nominated in a category, there is no need to nominate again. Please only list the categories in your post which you're actually nominating in.

If I have replied to the thread after your nominations, please reply again with changes or additions, otherwise please edit your posts, i will add nominations to the initial post every time i post, and i won't be back checking much.

As for nominating Mur, i'd have to be against, he has a hugely unfair advantage over other players, being the game creator an all. Please amend this if you want to nominate others.

The initial post will be updated with current nominations as soon as i've finished being an evil mod.

Champion Fighter
Yoshi (Won boss heads as MP3?)

"No One" the player (single-handedly destroyed GGG)

Prime Quest (best quest)
"What number am I?" (Cutler's work is what pulled me into Magic Duel)
(Edit: Okay, it was old when I joined in spring, but it was there to play this year, even without WP. Cutler deserves recognition of some sort after seeing his baby the Astral Plane discontinued....)

Top Techie (technical knowledge as well as technical help or script help)
Chewett

Edited by Fyrd Argentus

Adventuring Award (quester)
VonUngernSternberg (he solved the emo topaz quest!!! And I realize using three exclamation marks is a sign of craziness, but crazy is what it is)

[quote name='Fyrd Argentus' timestamp='1290637581' post='73120']
Prime Quest (best quest)
"What number am I?" (Cutler's work is what pulled me into Magic Duel)
[/quote]
Isn't that one from last year? It seems ages ago to me.

*edit* ok, borderline last year: Rewarded by Cutler on 06/11/09 - What number am I WP Quest

Edited by Kafuuka

Best Spell Caster
- Jester

Champion Fighter
- Clock Master

- Ivorak

Fossil of the year (On vet list, Chewett can't nominated, as he won last year)
- yrthilian

The Golden Protector
-Princ Rhagher

Most Addicted
- CrazyMike

Most Influential
- Awiiya

Outstanding Service to MD
- Rendril Revant

Pre-eminent Role Player
- Tarquinus

Rookie of the year (20 - 365 AD)
Agis Asticles ( he waters the new Awiiya, now the Oak. He waters quietly and each time with a different spin on his task.)

Superlative Orator (Debating)
- Awiiya

- Rendril Revant

• Root Admin

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1290642603' post='73128']
@Sparr, personally i don't like the insinuation that LHOs are such for personal benefit, and to assume that a non-LHO player does it for no benefit, is, to say the least, silly (nothing against you Tarq), players do like gaining adepts you know? But then that is my opinion, and you have yours.

All nominations above this post are added to initial post.

The following categories i'd like to see reduced in size, not sure how to work it though....so please refrain from adding any more names to these sections unless you feel they really must get added;
Adventuring Award
Best Back Story / Paragon Papers
Champion Fighter
Most Influential (definitely)
Superlative Orator
[/quote]

My suggestion was to have people "vote" for who they want initially then take the top 5. Then revote.

Also its not really fair saying the first X people can be considered and all others arent eligible, thats just mean.

Best Role Player
- Zleiphneir

Champion Fighter
- MRAlyon

Fossil of the year
- Shadowseeker

The Golden Protector
- Princ Rhaegar

Most Addicted
- Curiose

Most Annoying
- Redneck

Most Influential
- Zleiphneir

- Rendril

Pre-eminent Role Player
- Zleiphneir

Rookie of the year
- EON

Top Techie
- Clock master

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1290667483' post='73149']
My suggestion was to have people "vote" for who they want initially then take the top 5. Then revote.

Also its not really fair saying the first X people can be considered and all others arent eligible, thats just mean.
[/quote]
If you need to reduce choices, then have nominations be seconded or similar (eg restrict this requirement to those the organizers don't "get"). Floating ballot voting is going to be a huge hassle for the ones organizing.

I would also like to say that i hope everyone that votes is not just influenced by someone else's post and nominations, because i see lots of people who nominate the same person(including me for a few of the nominations), so we do it hard for Grido to edit every post, lol. Anyway, don't just nominate the person because the other nominated it, but propose the person who you think deserves the award in your own opinion. Lots of amazing players are left behind and i think they deserve more.

E.A.

As Chewett said what I was going to say already, and I agree with him as I was going to say it...I will post all nommos.
[b]
Adventuring Award (quester)[/b]

- VonUngernSternberg

[b]Best Artist (give examples,link / whatever)[/b]

- Allyce (see her gallery on here)

[b]Best Back Story / Paragon Papers (back story and quality of papers)[/b]
(I'd just like to say: I hate wix.)

- Akasha

[b]Best Quote (PL, or something in chat/forum)[/b]

- Tarquinus on Adiomino
Tongue lolls excessively, even for a dog.

[b]Best Spell Caster[/b]

- Yrthilian

[b]Champion Fighter[/b]

- Shadowseeker

[b]
Elite Evil Villain of the Year[/b]

- Pamplemousse

[b]Fossil of the year (On vet list, Chewett can't nominated, as he won last year)[/b]

- Jesus Faction (yes he is still around, so is kempikunas, so sue me)

[b]The Golden Protector[/b]

- Amoran K Kol

[b]Helper of the Year (Grido can't be nominated)[/b]

- Kyphis
[b]
Most Addicted[/b]

- Eon (pay more attention people :P)

[b]Most Influential[/b]

- Pamplemousse

[b]Outstanding Service to MD[/b]

- Princ Rhaegar (Tradgic Hero Stylie, for those who understand what that means)

(Clearly Bob the Tree, but seeing as that is denied :P)

[b]Pre-eminent Role Player[/b]

- Eliza Te Chai

[b]Prime Quest (best quest)[/b]

- Fyrd Argentus (Lost Path Treasure Quest)

[b]Rookie of the year (20 - 365 AD)[/b]

- Curiose (130 AD | Reg: 23.06.2010)

[b]Superlative Orator (Debating)[/b]

- Kafuuka

Best Spell Caster
-Pamplemousse

Champion Fighter
- Eon

- Ivorak

- Amoran K Kol

The Golden Protector
- Pamplemousse

- Mya Celestia

Most Addicted
- dst

Most Influential
- Pamplemousse

- Rendril Revant

Pre-eminent Role Player
-Rask (He's the only one who sticks to roleplay 100%)

Prime Quest (best quest)
- Fyrd Argentus

- Curiose

- Awiiya

- Rendril Revant (Seriously THE man, for reasons I probably can't share)

frell....i kindly request people to undo the editing i did to their posts....ie edit your posts back re-adding all the nominations.

the top...err...4/5 people who get nominated the most will be put forward to the vote

please state objections to this, apologies for the *cough* up

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1290874010' post='73417']
the top...err...4/5 people who get nominated the most will be put forward to the vote

[/quote]
Some of us were trying to help and only nominate people who were not nominated already. No good deed goes unpunished...

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1290874010' post='73417']
frell....i kindly request people to undo the editing i did to their posts....ie edit your posts back re-adding all the nominations.

[/quote]

I will do this for you once I have my nomination list. (it's on my laptop, which the screen is cracked, so I can't get it currently.)

As to your thoughts on the people who were nominated most.. part of me feels that this is fair, and part of me feels that this is not fair towards the people who may have only been nominated twice.

This tends to turn the awards into a popularity contest rather than an awards ceremony for people who deserve to be recognized for certain things they may or may not have done in game over the past year.

If I may suggest that you make a separate thread for each category so that all of the players who were nominated are able to have a vote cast toward them. Perhaps a temporary forum section could be placed in order to do this without creating clutter?

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

Adventuring Award (quester)
- dst
[b]She's neurotically obsessed with finishing quests and gaining wishpoints. I can't imagine nominating anyone other than dst.[/b]

Best Artist (give examples,link / whatever)
-Marvolo
-Amoran
[b]Both of these artists have shown dedication and impressive art.[/b]

Best Back Story / Paragon Papers (back story and quality of papers)
- Innocence
[b]I'm impressed by the loyalty to the story, most. Quality for me is writing, not presentation.[/b]

Best Spell Caster
- Jester
[b]I agree with him, the game is most interesting when spells are used, with or without reason. His random casts of summon while obnoxious at times have over all given something for the realm to talk about. Many other spellcasters don't use them (myself included)[/b]

Champion Fighter
- Burns
- Clock Master
- Shadowseeker
- Leixer
[b]All the above fighters have impressed me with their dedication, and any one of them could defeat me at any day of the week. Burns especially - not just a good fighter, but a good teacher.[/b]

- Ivorak
- Pamplemousse
[b]Ivorak's use of the knife, and the guilt he expressed after the fact, show to me that he is a realistic villain. Brought unwillingly to do deeds that he rationalized at the time, I do hope one day he finds reasons to use the knife again. I nominate Pample because she has gained the support of the realm while simultaneously doing rather seedy things - first killing Mya, then becoming a rebel. I'm sorry dst, this year, there seem to be a few more smoking guns in town.[/b]

- Grido
- Tarquinus
[b]The reasons for these two nominations should be obvious - dedicated, kind, and likely to stay around longer than Mur.[/b]

The Golden Protector
- Princ Rhaegar
[b]I don't know many of the protectors, and it's rare that they stop by me, but Princ seems to have the support of his followers.[/b]

- Mya Celestia
- Curiose
[b]Mya for her work as LHO, Curiose for her work in the Legend Speakers. Curiose drives herself crazy with ambition - she deserves this award.[/b]

Most Addicted
- Curiose
[b]See above reason. Anybody that spends their time during the day on MD, regardless of location, deserves to be declared addicted. Also - have you seen how she watches the forum? Like a hawk.[/b]

Most Influential
- Grido
- dst
- Tarquinus
- Pamplemousse
[b]This year there wasn't really a clear nomination for me... but these are the people whose posts I read when I want to skim a forum board. You know you've done it as well - it's nearly guaranteed that they'll get to the heart of the matter, and their opinions most often represent the majority of the population. Grido especially stands out as someone I go to if I need something - if he doesn't help me then and there, he'll tell me who to ask next.[/b]

- Grido
- Rendril Revant
- Chewett
[b]Grido for his long hours, Rendril for his work before and after his promotion, Chewett for the forum.[/b]

Pre-eminent Role Player
- Keith Moon
- Zleiphneir
- Innocence
[b]These are the people that keep their character, no matter what time, no matter their mood, and the ones that have the most defined character. From a block of anonymous text, I could point out these three characters with utmost certainty.[/b]

- Curiose
[b]It might be because she and I talk a good deal (story night details, etc), but I think she's the most involved youngish person around.[/b]

- Pamplemousse
- Firsanthalas
- Fyrd Argentus
- Aelis
[b]So many people are good at debating... but I had to limit myself. These are the four that not only keep up with a debate but move it along.[/b]

- Rendril Revant
[b]The reason should be self-explanatory. Before and after promotion, Rendril is the best there is.[/b]

Awi

Best Quote (PL, or something in chat/forum)
[b]Indyra[/b] for the below line in the thread "Lifeline vb decision bla bla"
[quote]i would declare your brain as a separate state with a will of its own , not in relation with you or what you type, that would be your only excuse for such a nonsense.[/quote]

I rolled on the floor laughing :))

I know, my nominations may not be adequate, but hey, I am a new player with so much more to learn :))

Both nominations are dictated of my personal experience so far, and not influenced by other players.

Best Spell Caster:

*BFH LIGHTHING*

Helper of the Year:

Fyrd Argentus

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1290901829' post='73496']
Best Quote (PL, or something in chat/forum)
[b]Indyra[/b] for the below line in the thread "Lifeline vb decision bla bla"

I rolled on the floor laughing :))
[/quote]

That is hilarious, that's the best thing I have heard in an extremely long time.

To make this less offtopic, I'd nominate this too, but since dst already did it, I won't have to :P