Festival of War and Remembrance 29th of June to 4th of July

Metal Bunny

I would like to make a suggestion concerning the Legend's List. As I cannot for the life of me recall who is on it, I would like to suggest BlackThorn to be added to the list. For many months during the early days of Loreroot, BlackThorn, Nelya, Savelfuser, Knator Commander and several other influential characters put their heads together and started to work on the general structure of the Guardians. BlackThorn, as I recall, had a great impact on that particular structure.

[b][Edit: Please keep in mind that some of the information regarding the Guardian's history may have happened a bit different than the way I have spoken of it here. I do not know the exact events that occurred back then, but I can only say what I have read and seen myself from the people who were around during that time.][/b]

There was also a large project some time after, back when I first joined, that was meant to add some bit of culture or presence to Loreroot. Though it was something that did not make it into the game, as I believe it was rejected by Muratus, it was still a massive undertaking. It later was to be made into a large and 'epic' quest, but there was not enough player involvement to make it into one, and so it fell under once again.

From this project, which was inspired by MD, I have on my computer an entire folder with 3 pages worth of writing, artwork (of at least 30 or more detailed scene illustrations), and other creative things (writing and the like) contributed by players (some of which still play the game occasionally) and BlackThorn's user himself.

BlackThorn has also created some recent history with Loreroot, though it is quite negative history- it still caused tremors through the realm.

He has also given MD some of it's most creative and detailed avatars, which inspires me to mention his time in the Artisans Guild.

-----

[b][Edit #2: Adding another nomination, so I don't have to make another post to crowd the thread with.][/b]

Though GlorDamar has already been nominated, I would like to elaborate a bit on what exactly he did. Not only was he the true alliance leader of the Artisans, he was the first Artisan and is considered it's founder. During my time as an Artisan, under Kalamanira Kol, he was my boss and managed who became an artisan and who did not.
He also spent a large amount of time drawing for MD, whether it be avatars or scenes- he helped develop and draw a large portion of the archives as well. It was a large undertaking, but his artwork is still seen in the realm.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

Ugh, I was in the train making a comment, but the free wifi broke, so now I have to rewrite all of this again.

I was going to post this after dst's last post on the first page of this topic, and it goes like this:

Tut-tut, naughty dst. Please refrain from debating about who is to be considered a legend, and who isn't, when I'm compiling the list.
If you have to make comments, make comments that are not of the nature of 'I agree' or 'I disagree', or any other comments that are inflammatory.
Please make comments such as 'I agree, because not only what he said, but also because of this and that, which haven't been mentioned before'.

The attributes I look for in a legend include, but are not limited to:

Length of activity (there is no real minimum, but it helps).
Type of role and dominance thereof (fighter, roleplayer, helper? Were they the undisputed, or were other peers great or greater?)
Impact on MD, seen as a sum of their activity (were they beneficial, nefarious? Did they influence a lot, or not?)
Impact on MD, in singular achievements that are noteworthy (Established an alliance, became the first to do this or that).

... I had a 5th criteria, but I had some alcohol...

*edit*

I remember more coming back to me now and I read the comments that came after.

Bad Udgard, I said people who weren't on the list, so Saki, RJ, me.. ¬_¬, obviously are not applicable.

If people want, they can make a case against people already on the list, but they need to make a better case than usual, as I have a bias towards the established list.

Checking the names, please make a case for:

Glor, Morrel, Innocence (if you haven't already), Blackthorn, Fyrd

*edit**edit*

Here is the link for the list:
http://md-archives.com/articles/festival-of-war-and-remembrance.html?page=6

*edit**edit**edit*
As Dst already showed, I have no problem with people making a case against people not yet on the list. Just try to keep it less inflammatory, which is like, suupah hard for dst, I know :D.

Edited by Metal Bunny

This list is compiled mostly after reading Bun's list from last year, which I had never seen.

I'll nominated Handy Pockets:
1. Queen after the resignation of Lifeline
2. Seed protector (AL); helped Akasha and company with the opening of the East.
3. Longtime gardener, possessing Awiiyas Watering Can, Gardening Tool Kit, Seed Potion.
4. Connoisseur of poetry and stories.

And Ivorak:
1. Murderer gifted with a knife capable of killing a player (has felled Mya Celestia, among others): Decorated Stone Dagger.
2. Previously a Sentinel, Ivorak now belongs to no homeland, and in the ages of old was a Archivist under Pamplemousse, Logan Marquis, and Renavoid.
3. Crediting with bringing the Wix (is that what it's called? You know. The paper creating program) into MD.

Laphers
1. Leader of the Woodcutter's guild - able to collect the wood with saws and other tools.

BFH
1. Vigorous leader of the advertisers.

Rumi
1. Dedicated to the Garden project that hopes to change the location Northwest of the Gazebo of Equilibrium into a fully functional hybrid garden.

Curiose
1. Legend speaker extraordinaire and (at times overly) public persona, she restarted story nights.
2. Mur's Ary (secretly).

Malaikat Mut
1. Resident philosopher, known mostly for his eloquent and extensive responses to Mur's more abstract searches (I direct you to the whole Christianity search).

Princ Rhaegar
1. Known somewhat negatively for his dramatic attempts in Loreroot to regain power. Became a rebel and later sent to jail.
2. Old leader of the Savelites church, now disbanded.
3. Involved in a few lawyer cases, most recently against Junior.

Eon
1. Winner of the BHC Fierce Edition, now organizer for all future BHC competitions. A known stat-grinder/strong fighter.

Awi

Edited by awiiya

I wish to be removed if I am still considered to be on the list of "legends". In terms of what should be represented to people new and old anything that I have done (or not done) should not be embellished or even be worthy of remembering.

[quote name='Metal Bunny' timestamp='1308783108' post='86596']
Bad Udgard, I said people who weren't on the list, so Saki, RJ, me.. ¬_¬, obviously are not applicable.
[/quote]
That explains why I thought there were some missing people from last year on the list I read (not that I remember well, but I though some of them should have been nominated last year...) I thought the archives link was the one on http://md-archives.com/categories/archives-of-legends/the-book-of-ancients.html :P

• Root Admin

Since i didnt seem to have noticed the second page when i read this the first time, and did at first turn into a fullblow rant, i will be removing new posts i consider to be to rantish or rude (mods and all) I will send you the contents of your post and you are welcome to re post it after removing certain things. This will only be applying to posts that are considered not to the point, rude, or just trollish.

MB can contact me if he wants anything else removed.

Currently being processed to be put on the list (I haven't had a lot of time lately (read, partying to celebrate that the year is almost over), but it will be done before the 29th, and up until the 4th you can still try to bring forth more legends):

Glor, Morrel, Innocence, Fyrd, Blackthorn, Handy Pockets, Ivorak, Laphers, BFH, Rumi, Curiose, Malaikat Mut, Princ Rhaegar, Eon.

As for Granos, I am sorry, but your name is simply too established for me to even think of removing it. However, since your main gripe seems to be the possible embellishment of your deeds, I will change the description. I will probably also change a lot of the 'still plays', into 'occasionally or stopped playing'.

also, thank you Chewwy.

I find it kind of odd that no one seems to want to post suggestions about the trivia or another type of combat quest.

Ok. So...time for me to ra*cough* speak some more.

First: I propose the following to be added on the list.
Indyra: She should be on the list because of her influence on the realm. Also she has one of the first guilds dedicated to preserving and protecting creatures. Only for the last part and she should be mentioned since she's the first one to achieve such a thing.
Lightsage: for all the abusing he has done :P. Now, seriously: few probably know this but Lightsage was one of the few players to actually look for bugs. And he also reported them (to me or directly to Mur). Yes, he used them but contrary to others (*cough*Crazy Mike, MRI) he actually respected this rule.
Crazy Mike: for his huuge stats and for being the first one to actually get a jail badge! It's not easy to do that. Actually I think he'll be the only one!
Tengri: for all the reasons :))

Second: I wish to make a case against:
Innocence: except the AL part (which btw he, along with others managed to screw) he did nothing that reached the "public ears". What he did for friends doesn't matter imo. Not to mention his huuge rudeness (see my posts with the md award).
Rumi:all I know about this character is just some spam topics on the forum...Sorry but so far all I could see is just...words. I don't like words. I like facts. So, no. Not this year. Maybe next year if he manages to actually DO something.
Malaikat ***:Honestly, I have no idea what this guy did... I remember some post of his on the forum, few words on the game and then...nada! zip! zero!

If the list is going in this direction then I nominate:

Fenrir Greycloth
- Consistently in the public eye for devious deeds
- Consistently stirred the pot of entire groups of people with just one sentance
- Involved in multiple accusations and trials

McVitie
- Known for having as manay active characters as word's font menu. Even if you think you don't know her, liklihood is you probably do.
- Known for having a temperament like the UK weather
- Involved in various devious deeds

ooo controversial :P

Z

[quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1308788364' post='86598']
Rumi
1. Dedicated to the Garden project that hopes to change the location Northwest of the Gazebo of Equilibrium into a fully functional hybrid garden.
[/quote]

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1308926191' post='86688']
Rumi:all I know about this character is just some spam topics on the forum...Sorry but so far all I could see is just...words. I don't like words. I like facts. So, no. Not this year. Maybe next year if he manages to actually DO something.
[/quote]

Thank you Awiiya for considering me among the ranks of these well-known and dedicated players. It is an honor and I hope to live up to it.

dst is correct that there is little to back this nomination. I presented my project publicly only as recently as the anniversary party and there is a lot of research and design work still to be done before anything will be accomplished. I have only within the past week made my character backstory public and I have only within the past month acquired garden role tools and items.

Allow me to develop myself and my project further and perhaps you will honor me again in this way when I have earned it. There is no further need to discuss my name in this topic.

i agree with shadowseeker 110%. Sooner or later everyone is remembered if you are around long enough.

If we look at "Legend" in itself, there has always been contriversy. Legends are defined by their embellishments of deeds done in times long before the general populations time. Legends in life are usually only legends after they are gone for a generation or two. Before then they are Heros, or Factual Historical figures. Fionna McCumhal for example was indeed a great person long ago. You start throwing in mythilogical components, great deeds no normal man could accomplish, etc and POOF a legend. There is nothing at all wrong with it either. I personally feel that legends are what give us perspective to try and aim twards a higher goal, wether its morality wise, intelligence, gift of music/song, combatical skills, etc.

In game, legends are often defined while the player is still around. Wether active or not, they are noted for whatever deeds they have done, and looked up to by enough people to be a thumb sticking out in a crowd of fingers. I could list off a fairly laundry list of who I personally feel are legends, great people who helped me create who my character is in the game today. (though yes i know i haven't been on much this year, been crazy busy with life) It's all perspective though, wether right or wrong, and is a great attrocity to try and tear down someone who others feel did something great. DST is one of the most wonderful people I have met in this game over the last 3 years I have played, but its in her nature to do her part to cause waves in the water.

I only hope that most people see the good in whatever legends they believe in, in this game. After all, its all these lagends that created this game. Good or bad, evil or angelic, crazy or REALLY crazy:P, dead or alive, there is a LARGE list of people who have had an impact on this game and the people who continually play it. A list of 100,000,000,000 or 10, I think what truely matters is that the names of the Legends live on in peoples minds. How they affected each of us in different ways. After all when people are LONG gone and no longer affect those "alive" then they are simply pieces of paper who affected those after them, who affected those after them, who affected those after them, who affect you today.

[quote name='phantasm' timestamp='1308999078' post='86732']
In game, legends are often defined while the player is still around. Wether active or not, they are noted for whatever deeds they have done, and looked up to by enough people to be a thumb sticking out in a crowd of fingers. [/quote]

Although I am very very new to this game I feel we do have legends walking among us today. For instance there is:

Mya Celestia Rare is the new one who enters this game without the privilege of meeting her warm, helpful voice in the very first minutes of our time here. She is instrumental in far more new ones understanding enough to stay around to learn then many of the older players might realise. She also offers mini-quests that flesh out our knowledge and gives us the tools to venture further in the game.

Princ Rhaegar is called Sensei by many of us. He builds on the basic knowledge that Mya helped us learn and sets our steps firmly on the ladder to success. He is willing to listen and help us frame our questions in such a way they turn around into answers. I know he has a huge backstory and enjoy reading and learning of it, but even more important is he has a glorious future story unfolding as we watch.

Handy Pockets is another who goes out of her way to change Marind Bell from a cold scary city into a warm, inviting land for the new ones. It has to be hard to always face new ones and wonder who will hang around and who will fade away into the winds of chance. Yet she never falters, always has a warm smile and gentle communication to everyone.

Fryd Argentus is a legend to me. His writing, quests, and story developments unfold in front of us and create excitement in the land. He has stepped up into a large gap in the land and poured his heart and creativity into it. He may not be 'old' as to time here but he is already timeless and even if he went away tomorrow people would still look at each other and say 'pickles' and laugh and nod.

Innocence reaches out to new ones in the archives and offers mystery wrapped in envigorating conversation. I've rarely walked into the library and not seen the tail end of a grand trail of words that Innocence has shared with others. Sometimes pure role play adds a dimension that transforms the ordinary to sublime. Sometimes that lasts longer and hangs inside deeper than many other things.

There are so many others (Lightsage, BFH, Emerald, Z, Windy to name a few) who brighten this land and if not considered legends should at least be considered legendary in their own right.

Edited by Stipple

Sorry due to rl work I did not read this before, anyway:

[quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1308788364' post='86598']
BFH
1. Vigorous leader of the advertisers.
[/quote]

Me, nahh I'm not legend, I'm a baby in Pampers! Seriously, many other players deserves to be called Legend and I'm not one of them.

(thanks for considering me Awi, but I don't consider myself as Legend or anything like that.)

agreed with Z. BFH for your youth comparative to alot of us, you have done more in your time then alot those that were around when I was still young lad. Like has been stated before, most legends don't need to be written in books or notarized, we know who we are. So no need to be so humble BFH:P

• Root Admin

Youth comparitively is surely pointless, Since compared to one they are a noob, and another are a damn old vet. Its whacha do that counts, Not how many times you have bothered to visit a page. To illustrate the point further, one of the oldest players in the game, third on the Active Vet List, Vilinec, Not many people can claim to have known, or even seen him.

To me, A Legend is someone who has done something for the game, something that has effected or made it better in some way.

For those who were wondering, I think I will start at 22:00 server time tomorrow, or 21:00 and then just retell it at 22:00 if I feel like it.

I decided to just remove the battle stuff, because, eh, I = lazy.

It will have trivia though :D (on day 6).

Also, location is GoE, like last year.

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1308726500' post='86560']
I give Fyrd a big thumbs-up, too - the guy has put a LOT of effort into MD.
[/quote]

*The old man blushes.* I may have started out old, but I don't think I'm a legend yet.

I followed in the footsteps of Cutler, whose puzzles and quests showed me the potential of this realm, and how players could create in it. All the little games to play in clickies. And of course his masterwork, the Astral Plane. To me he is a Legend, and I would not feel right joining those ranks until at least a cycle after him.

Besides, my story is not yet done, and I think of Legends as being things of the past. I see sadly little of Cutler now, and I don't want him and his efforts to be forgotten.

Length of activity (there is no real minimum, but it helps).
Type of role and dominance thereof (fighter, roleplayer, helper? Were they the undisputed, or were other peers great or greater?)
Impact on MD, seen as a sum of their activity (were they beneficial, nefarious? Did they influence a lot, or not?)
Impact on MD, in singular achievements that are noteworthy (Established an alliance, became the first to do this or that).

[i]I would like to nominate [/i]Sagewoman for a nominee.

Length of activity= Women don't reveal their age, but its a darn bit older then most of you youngsters
Type of role and doninance=The Hostess of the Loreroot Inn as long as most can remember. Longest role as a hostess of anything as far as my old mind can remember.
Imact on MD as a sum=There are few who don't know sagewoman...wether through her antics, helpful tips, or friendship few could find. Crazy as always but there for any.
Impct on MD, sigular avievements= Besides the large role she played in legends such as Khalazdad, Grido, Granos, Zeiphener, Kragel, etc i believe most can state a singular acievment that sticks out in all their time in MD that with Sage. I know I sure can.......