Petition to replace an awarded ability

Darigan

Now I understand the general way things work around here. The two types of grinders those who sit in one general location and those who seek out people to attack. The rpers, those who have for the most part forsaken stats for the thrill of telling their own story and having fun with others who complete that story. Then you have the ones in the middle who make a balance of rp and fighting work. Last there is Mur and the realm itself that surround us and offer us ever expanding mysteries and ways to solve those mysteries. We were given viscosiity which most thought was a difficult idea until the ap was increased and the lands were given their own ap counts. The heads contest which has gone for as long as I and most others have been around has become a mockery at MP5 so Mur created the Boss Heads Contest. A Battle of those grinders and middle fighters in a select location with unknown variables and rules to see who came out on top.

This is where my problem and complaint begins. The last BHC was a grand event for those involved for the rewards were great, including the ability to cause stat loss. At the time I thought nothing of it because I was dealing with stat loss already, trying to dig my way out from 1000 under. Once the wishpoints for days came out I was able to give myself a reprieve by reseting my balance and I was able to escape stat loss until Eon's ability was activated and now it is no longer safe to sit anywhere in the realm for long periods of time save for sanctuaries without having to worry about Eon coming through and wiping out any stats you may gain for the day and more.

I don't mind the grinders at the moment I need losses and a lot of them but I'd really rather get them without having to deal with sacrifce stats as well.

So I know that Eon went through a lot to gain his reward for the BHC so I can not ask for it to be removed, what I purpose is something to replace it. Something of equal value to being able to drain people of their stats without so much worry that people can't even wander through the realm. I'm open to suggestions. I just wish to find some alternative.

Pip, Eon doesn't talk(or at least not to me), can't receive pm's and also this isn't just about letting up on me. It's about the fact that one of, if not the strongest fighter and grinder in the game has an ability to diminish the stats of anyone they attack. People like to be able to sit in a scene and shouldn't have to worry about their stats being diminished.

Of the three times Eon usually attacks me every day -

One is instant death, while two are accidentally freezing my ele while trying to lose exp. I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Eon isn't just the strongest fighter anymore. He/She is now the enemy of everyone...
No man's land has no rules. Deal with it.

On a side note, there are more and more ways to make someone weaker. Use the seed, spells, new items, ect.
(Even if Eon doesn't speek, 1-way chat is possible.)

If you really want to suggest a solution, suggest a solution, otherwise this topic won't amount to much. All you've suggested is something in return; what do you want to give him? Will he accept it? Will the Council or Mur allow it?

In regards to this bit:
[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1318816560' post='94222']
People like to be able to sit in a scene and shouldn't have to worry about their stats being diminished.
[/quote]
Other than sanctuaries, I'm sure there are many places Eon won't bother you; MDA, for example, is full of viscosity, but if you're going to be sitting in one place talking with other people, your AP will fix itself over time. Five steps or so into the Tribunal, you can also find 5 different places where almost nobody goes normally. Not to mention, of course, I'm sure people would also like to have a million defense stat, but that's not how the game is.

MD changes, you need to change with it, sometimes.

Also:
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10776-energetic-immunity-and-stat-damage/"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10776-energetic-immunity-and-stat-damage/[/url]
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10612-skill-increase-for-defending/"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10612-skill-increase-for-defending/[/url]
[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10455-sanctuary-versatile-powers/"]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10455-sanctuary-versatile-powers/[/url]
Just FYI.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Darigan' timestamp='1318816560' post='94222']
Pip, Eon doesn't talk(or at least not to me), can't receive pm's and also this isn't just about letting up on me. It's about the fact that one of, if not the strongest fighter and grinder in the game has an ability to diminish the stats of anyone they attack. People like to be able to sit in a scene and shouldn't have to worry about their stats being diminished.
[/quote]

I just sent him a pm yesterday! You should at least attempt to try and contact him. He doesnt speak, but does listen.

He tries to pretend he doesnt care, but if you ask nicely he will normally be kind back.

Hmm i dont know i have asked him many times not to attack em as i am trying to rebalance my profile
he does not listen to everyone.

This sort of attacking does spread the community about and lowers interaction between vets and new players.
For me i dont really care about the stat lost. It is part of what he is now. I dont mind the odd attack
but he does seem to set his sites on some players and hammers them whenever he sees them.

The issue i have with grinders is they force players to not be in location that removes them from the
realms and new players just dont get to see the older players as much any more. that is what i see
causing MD to be so quiet as grinders dont stay away from RP events then hound them and destroy what is happening

but that is just my opinion on that.
Regards EONs ability. Why should it be removed he was rewarded it and that should not be taken away
but with great abilities comes great responsibilities. Shame he choose to hound players instead.

i agree with yrth.

Eon hounds some players more then others. I myself am one that as soon as he gets a chance attacks me. i have lost around 8 stat points across the board so far from him. That's why I, along with many others just stay away from the park. Eon does a bit of traveling but he keeps his attacks to a central location. As was said this was a gift given to Eon for his dedication to grinding, and the cash he spent to help the game. It is his right and privilege to use his gifts as he sees fit. As pip said, there are MANY places to go away from Eon, and believe it or not there are times EON isnt on. It isn't often, but it happens. I see the park come alive in times like those. Besides that it is up to us players to avoid him, not to try and rip apart what he has worked for. After all, the world needs evil people too. Isn't that right DST:P

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1318840532' post='94228']
The issue i have with grinders is they force players to not be in location that removes them from the
realms and new players just dont get to see the older players as much any more. that is what i see
causing MD to be so quiet as grinders dont stay away from RP events then hound them and destroy what is happening
[/quote]

I do not agree with your explanation (plural for grinders, Eon's skilldamage is another issue)
First: there are rituals that make any real (-> profile) damage unlikely... And the few that will happen anyway are trivial to countermeasure as there are very few ppl with strong defs online
Second: most older player are allied... with all consequences (->spoiler alert)
Third: some ppl who want to interact but do not want to fight kill their crits. not many ppl use spells just to harras them
Fourth: in the last few events I was present either ppl who did not wish to be attacked were not - or did not voiced their opposition.

To summarize:
While new MP5s may have problems to 'find their way', older MD players should hae no problems here. If they wanted to interact and be available to newer players, they would. Community centers are community defined - they could just as well be sanctuary locations - but most of the time they are even more abandoned than training areas; a few ppl idle with occasional conversation. I do not think your blame on poor grinders is well placed.

[quote name='Yrthilian' timestamp='1318840532' post='94228']
but that is just my opinion on that.
Regards EONs ability. Why should it be removed he was rewarded it and that should not be taken away
but with great abilities comes great responsibilities. Shame he choose to hound players instead.
[/quote]
I can only guess why it was awarded in the first place. I suspect to decentralize the community - packed with ppl at MDP and empty elsewhere. It partially worked out some ppl gather and train/ move elsewhere. I believe that in backfired - as the elsewhere is often IRL/ other games and as is was pointed out - with almost no older players left (only Shem and Burns) at MDP MD may appear empty and discouraged new potential players.
I guess the ability could have worked fine if there was more active players in MD (same as needle...). As it is many ppl djust their MD activity to Eon's one... but it's not an option for everybody

As you've noticed Eon hounds some people more than others. I am one of those who do not suffer from Eon's attacks. I might have lost a few stats but nothing major. Why doesn't Eon attack me much? Probably because I say hi from time to time, don't get angry from every attack and have a rit on defence Eon could profit from without killing me.

A while ago there was a post about [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9266-petition-for-enforcement-of-the-sparring-ground"]enforcing the sparring ground rules[/url], perhaps those who have trouble with Eon should look at her post there.

Furthermore if you want Eon's statdamage to be replaced you'll have to propose something of equal or higher value and you'll have to convince Mur to change it. The only good replacement for Eon's statdamage as it is now I can think of is statdamage depending on the defenders stats, that will hurt strong players more and weak players less. That way those who don't have much stats jet have a better chance to grow and those with insanely high stats will have a hard time to keep them.

This issue seems to come back regularly. Eon's haters have now a new toy to play with: the Fierce needle of something. Maybe they should try to regroup and retaliate?

And yes, I guess it is very difficult for it to be succesful.... but for Eon to get her ability was probably difficult too.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Passant the Weak' timestamp='1318861466' post='94234']
This issue seems to come back regularly. Eon's haters have now a new toy to play with: the Fierce needle of something. Maybe they should try to regroup and retaliate?

And yes, I guess it is very difficult for it to be succesful.... but for Eon to get her ability was probably difficult too.
[/quote]

yes! Precisely! There are methods of dealign with people, there are so many things you can do to annoy her. She has the tools to annoy you using their methods, you do too!

i dont see anything wrong with taking statdamage away from eon. he did earn it yes but i earned my stats too and hes taking them away from me so it would be quite the same. if i can be robbed of something i earned why he couldnt be? but before u get an impresion that im in favour of taking the statdamage away from him, im not. but i am in favour of fixing it. for start i think that we should lose the amount and number of stats equal to those he gains from attack, but thats not the case right now. also it shouldnt work for attacking but only for defending. i dont know if thats intentional or not but by my opinion its wrong.
also that option proposed by some that kissing his behind would get me immunity from his attacks, maybe it would but no thanks, thats just not me.

[quote name='Neno Veliki' timestamp='1318885358' post='94241']
i dont see anything wrong with taking statdamage away from eon. he did earn it yes but i earned my stats too and hes taking them away from me so it would be quite the same. if i can be robbed of something i earned why he couldnt be?
[/quote]
The difference is you can earn your stats back.

[color=#008080][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]It was suggested once that Eon's ability be adjusted so it worked similar to stat gaining. When we fight, we don't get addition to all stats; however, Eon is able to take stats across the board. It seems a bit unbalanced that we can't gain in all yet Eon can take in all. I'm more for balancing.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1318894921' post='94253']
As far as I know, statdamage takes away what Eon earns from the fight.
[/quote]
I am pretty sure it does not. Your stats losses are the same independent of your def or heat

Edited by xrieg

There have been a few things about this Game that make me wonder, one of which is the emphasis on "not fair"- Yes I know life is full of things not fair, but why play a game that has no rules or even worse play a game that has rules but those rules are not fair... err- Im with Neno on this one if EON the speechless wants to attack me over and over let the mute one get the mutes rocks off but I sure as hell aint going to try swing like a monkey from the Gonads of EON. Funk that!

[quote name='ignnus' timestamp='1319106621' post='94354']
I didn't see any emphasis on game being unfair except on heads contest event.Don't wonder too much pleaaase.
[/quote]

What kind of statement is "Don't wonder too much?" You may be perfectly fine with NOT questioning things or pondering, however I am not okay with that, I prefer to question, analyze and WONDER... Don't believe everything you read, hear on the news or get off the bathroom wall.

[20/10/11 22:49] Muratus del Mur:so good luck eon , crush them all till they figure out a way against it lol
This.

and these were within a few mintues of playing scene tag in Oak Tower.
regeneration --0.533
energeticimmun --0.533
tradesense --0.533
briskness --0.35
initiative --0.533
defence --0.533
attack --0.35
power --0.355
luck --0.355
I refuse to run after some stupid item to carry around everywhere and hope to be able to use it before I get attacked. Congrats Mur. you have successfully made me hate this game.

fighting is one thing but being stalked by the most powerful fighter in the realm just to lose a ton of stats. It's stupid . I suppose I'll just be sitting in sanctuaries until he either stops chasing me or just wait til the two days of the month he can't attack. Congrats you have earned a new statue for the PC and RoTMi

Edited by Darigan