Reporter Quest: Who killed Eon?

Passant the Weak

This is my first mini quest. Be indulgent. And make it a success please.

Eon was killed ingame a couple days ago. Then she was revived. I asked around what happened, but people were rather silent about it, or elliptic in their answers. This quest is very simple: you are a reporter Free Lance. [b]You have to investigate about facts and make an article that will be published in Legend Speakers forum.[/b]

The basic question you have to answered:
[color=#4B0082]- [i][b]who killed Eon ?[/b][/i][/color]
[color=#4B0082]- [i][b]why ?[/b][/i][/color]
[color=#4B0082]- [i][b]who revived her?[/b][/i][/color]

You can of course elaborate around that. Style of your article is free, but it must be an informative article based on facts, not a polemist entry supporting a judgement on actions of individuals involved in the murder.

I will ask my fellow legend Speakers members help me judge the submissions following those criterias:
- quality of information contained in the article (the more unknown an information is before the article is published, the better quality)
- conciseness of the article (go straight to the point, imagine you are being published in a daily newspaper)
- objectivity of the article (well, if we find it too subjective, it will get penalty points)
- other secondary criterias that I won't disclose (and no good English is not a criteria as I can't judge it... just make it so that I can understand, and most of the other readers will be able to understand too)

There is no restriction in the participants. So yes, the murderer and the victim are more than welcome to submit their contribution.

[b]Send the article to me as forum PM please[/b]. I will publish all submissions after the event is closed. You may require anonimity if you wish so.

[b]Deadline: Sunday november 27[/b] midnight server time.

Oh yes, [b]rewards[/b]....

[i]EDIT: we got support from very generous sponsors. I will split and freeze prize list later on, depending on the number of participants and quality of submissions. So far we have enough to reward the 3 best submissions and maybe add some consolation /specific prizes.[/i]
So far we got the following in stock:

[b]One Wishpoint[/b] sponsored by [b]Dark Priestess[/b] (Peace ingame), reserved for the winner.
[b]1 Gold and 4 silver[/b] sponsored by [b]Tarquinus[/b] (Keith Moon ingame sponsorship)
[b]1 Marksmen[/b] aged 80+ sponsored by [b]Neno Veliki[/b]
[b]1 Pimp aged 230+ with Black tear token[/b] and [b]2 silver[/b] provided by myself.

Come on now. Take your pen and let us know the true story of Eon's death.

Edited by Passant the Weak

Thank you neno! Much appreciated.
Tarquinus actually added 2 silver for the 3rd place too. I will edit the list of prizes later on, but that would probably look like:
- winner: his choice of Marksmen or Pimp + 1 gold + A silver.
- 2nd place: leftover Marksmen or Pimp + 3 silver
- 3rd place: 3 silver.

Of course if enough submissions are received...

And to put everybody on the same level, it seems that a bit of information can be found [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/10993-recent-activity-log/"]here[/url]. Check it out, complete it, make an article with your findings, and help the rest of the community understand what happened!

I plan to submit an article, though I am only starting investigation now. Since I have come back after the beginning of the Eon incident, maybe I can offer a less biased opinion. Posting just to let people know there is some competition, however little I can offer. Could we see some of the other writing after the competition is complete? I like reading other's work!

Yes Krioni, I plan on publishing all work I will receive. :)

And don't worry about not witnessing the murder... investigation can bring great results!

I already received a couple submissions. I suggest writers to not wait the last minute to send their work: that would help in a faster evaluation after the deadline. And you all have the right to amend/correct/complete the articles you send me, prior the deadline of course.

Now here is a thought.
[color=#4B0082][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [i][b]who killed Eon ?[/b][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [i][b]why ?[/b][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [i][b]who revived her?[/b][/i][/font][/color]

So if somebody talks with Eon he gets a free WP?

[quote name='TTLexceeded' timestamp='1321911678' post='96358']
Now here is a thought.
[color=#4B0082][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [i][b]who killed Eon ?[/b][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [i][b]why ?[/b][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#4B0082][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- [i][b]who revived her?[/b][/i][/font][/color]

So if somebody talks with Eon he gets a free WP?
[/quote]

Well, go talk with Eon. And then:
- see if you get a WP
- if yes, tell us if you consider it's a free WP

Other option is wait and see, and then complain that someone got a WP.

Edited by Passant the Weak

To answer the PMs I have received in and out of game, I feel I have helped enough with the logs. I am going out of state today and will not be back until after this quest is over. There is enough information on all but the resurrection part in the log I posted to do a fine article.

Sunday is the last day for submitting your article. Join the group of the apprentice reporters and share your knowledge with the community!

All questers who have already submitted an article are allowed to correct/complete their work until the deadline: tomorrow Sunday at 23h59 server time.

Don't miss the opportunity!

Quest is over now. We have received 8 (I think!) submissions, which should allow to distribute the prizes. Please allow us around one week to judge all entries and define the winners!

Thanks to all participants and the people who accepted to help them by providing information about what really happened... and see you soon to disclose some interesting information about the death and resureection of the Boss Heads Master Eon!

Results are annouced [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11115-results-reporter-quest-who-killed-eon/#entry97358"]here[/url].

Thanks for your offer Seigheart. Judging is over already. As a personal ethic, I don't let sponsors take part into jury of my quests. Please confirm or remove your offer of sponsorship after checking the results. If you remove it, we will find another solution.

dst, all articles are published as I said earlier in that thread. I claim my innocence here!

ShadowSeeker, please check the results, if you believe 2 WPs are too much, I guess there is an easy solution. ;)

Thanks to all participants and sponsors... and go check who killed Eon, why and who revived her!

Are you willing to disclose the secondary criteria now that the quest has been decided?

I'm also a bit confused how one of the winning articles was rated first for the information disclosed when that information was not, by the author's own claims, not factual.

Secondary criteria were Originality and Style of the article.

I will not comment further the rating of each articcle, as it would lead to endless discussions. I just remind that the Jury has reached a consensus, although 2 of his members were absolutely clueless about the authors of the articles. There must be a winner, it doees not mean the winner has reached a perfect result! :)

Ivorak, I suggest you take time to read thoroughly all articles to make your own opinion if you wish so, particularly on the point you mention. That should be easier now that I have edited the results post, that was altered by some unwanted strange characters.

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1323696583' post='97768']
TK sponsorship still stands.

Just a side note, I had no intentions on judging any result. I just wanted to make sure there were actual submissions.
[/quote]
That's great news. Thank you and the Treasure keepers! :)

You have an e-mail pending for a few days in regards to this. feel free to answer it for letting me know how to distribute the reward.