Petition: Return of the Children of the Eclipse

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1339068897' post='113893']
It would be interesting to hear other CoE members views on this, i can only assume this has changed since amoran, who i believe is a senior CoE member, has started this pertition. However i know little of the inner CoE structure, so she might just be starting it on her own without permission. again this is just conjecture.
[/quote]

I haven't changed my position on that - I do prefer in-game means to "administrative" fixes. It's a regrettable position for me to take in some ways because I am and have been very busy, but I believe a person should put his money where his mouth is. I plan to work with all the CoE officers to see what kind of solution we can concoct - now that negotiation to get the badge back is no longer an option, we must resort to different means. To me, that's a good thing.

I don't want to undercut Amoran's initiative on this petition, but I don't think popular sentiment [i]alone[/i] should change the way things are in MD. The CoE hasn't been very visible for a while, and that's partly my fault. I hope to show that we are a vibrant and useful element of the community.

I support this.

Since the willpower of its members has apparently not been deemed "enough" in order to justify the return of the badges, I hope that the willpower of the greater community will reach the ears of those who have the power to affect change.

Whatever the outcome, we will persevere - as we did before there were badges, and as we have done since they were taken away.

For we understand that the moon, and night, affect us all. And in that mystery we revel.

Edited by Phantom Orchid

I can see how council is in a pickle, because you obviously want the alliance back, but a rule is a rule and this should be no exception. If the badge means you will improve and maybe invite some younger members to join in the discussion, then so be it. I would approve. But not because you had 30 members a long time ago. Out of this hibernation should come something positive. :)

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1339068897' post='113893']
Actually, as someone pointed out to me there have been no offical petitions to get the alliance back because of:

It would be interesting to hear other CoE members views on this, i can only assume this has changed since amoran, who i believe is a senior CoE member, has started this pertition. However i know little of the inner CoE structure, so she might just be starting it on her own without permission. again this is just conjecture.
[/quote]
I believe I understand why Tarquinus takes this position regarding the Council, and I can see where you're coming from as well, I would just like to offer my view: If the CoE simply did their thing and waited to be recognized, the Council would not recognize them. They are preoccupied with other things, and have little time to go looking for people to reward, no?

Edited by Pipstickz

• Root Admin

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1339130582' post='114039']
I believe I understand why Tarquinus takes this position regarding the Council, and I can see where you're coming from as well, I would just like to offer my view: If the CoE simply did their thing and waited to be recognized, the Council would not recognize them. They are preoccupied with other things, and have little time to go looking for people to reward, no?
[/quote]

I dont know, I think they should cross that bridge when they come to it, i havent seen them do anything and if they have they have been very quiet. If they do a shedload, and still nothing comes of it, then more direct means could be decided, but at the moment i find it foolish to presume things that havent happened.

I think the reasoning that they shouldnt bother because they wont be noticed... is rather poor

well i am on the fence here. To me none of the alliance have really done much.
I know i am not online in game all that much thies days but i do still look to see what is happining.

CoE where unfortunat to have been taken over and for a long while be lower than 3 members
shame that all it takes is a single player to bring the downfall of an alliance. But that is the
mechanics of the system.

I can only suggest that the path Tarq chooses to take be the best one. I dont see why a ptition to the council
would be the way to go. the comunity is not the CoE. I do not wish to undermine the petition but
to me a petition is not action enough to regain ones alliance.

The main issue here is MD has become stale. not much happens alliance dont do much.

Tarq, I really do hope you regain the alliance. I respect you and some of the members and i
believe you would deserve to regain the allaince but action speaks louder than words.

good luck in your fight to regain the badge of your allaince

I don't follow you, Chewy. Shouldn't bother with what? My opinion is and always has been that talk is not enough. The petition is all very well and good, and I am certainly grateful for the support that has been shown (and thank you, Yrth), but I think we need to show what a viable and active alliance looks like. There's just one problem with that - I have time to make little posts on the forum here and there, but until this nightmare of a work project moves on, I simply don't have time to even log into MD and be social, let alone direct the revival of an alliance I have allowed to lie mostly dormant for months. I have ideas. Poe has ideas. Amoran has ideas. Karak has [i]gravitas[/i] but even less free time than I do.

The dissolution of the alliance was easy. Building it back up will take time, but if we do it right, it will be really worthwhile. In the meantime the badges and game mechanics are bells and whistles to me. I mainly posted on this thread because I don't want there to be a perception that we expect to be handed our badges back with little or no effort.

• Root Admin

[quote name='Tarquinus' timestamp='1339148555' post='114059']
I don't follow you, Chewy. Shouldn't bother with what? My opinion is and always has been that talk is not enough.
[/quote]

My post was mainly a reply to Pip, I was under the impression he was saying there is no point doing anything if the council are too busy/lazy to check things happening. I also agree with you that talk and specifically this post, will not be enough :)

If there is anything i can do to aid the alliance, please feel free to ask me for anything.

With one foot in the Crypt, so to speak, even I, the half dead, support the Children of the Eclipse. What is Loreroot without the CoE? I remember their struggle and triumph and think it very naughty of Mur to disband them. Take away the Red Bull from Mur for a Month!