Alliances

Pipstickz

So, here's my view on every single alliance (with members) out there. [color=#008000]This is a positive thing.[/color] [color=#b22222]This is a negative thing.[/color] [color=#daa520]This is a suggestion.[/color] It's as true as I could make it, feel free to let me know if I've gone and said something outright wrong, and all that. This is all just based on my personal opinion and observation, after all. Use accordingly.

[u]Marind Bell[/u]
Seekers of Enlightenment
[color=#008000]-Important and interesting research[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Small public impact[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Merge into Knights of the Bell as research branch[/color]

Knights of the Bell
[color=#008000]-Primary Marind Bell alliance[/color]
[color=#008000]-Diverse role possibilities[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Small recruitment effort[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Inactive members[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Almost no purpose for military groups[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Develop training partnership with other alliances[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Target younger players for recruitment, giving you members and them purpose[/color]

Water Dowsers
[color=#008000]-Lots of public presence, logging water levels[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Usually little need for water itself[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Partner with other guilds to make tea[/color]

[u]Golemus Golemicarum[/u]
Guerrilla Golemicarum
[color=#008000]-Primary Golemus alliance[/color]
[color=#008000]-Clear leadership[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Few new recruits[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Target younger players for recruitment, giving you members and them purpose[/color]

MR Fraternity
[color=#008000]-Piece of history[/color]
[color=#b22222]-One active member[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Almost no purpose for military groups[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Merge into Guerrilla Golemicarum, differentiate with name and flag if necessary[/color]

Kelle'tha Order
[color=#b22222]-Small public presence and impact[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Only one active member[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Merge into Guerrilla Golemicarum, keep forum for discussion[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Recruit[/color]

Lair Keepers (maybe a little biased, but issues are obvious anyways)
[color=#b22222]-Role unfulfilled[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Single inactive member[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Give role to someone else or disband, probably both[/color]

Fusioneers
[color=#008000]-Dedicated members[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Little use as it stands[/color]

[u]Loreroot[/u]
Guardians of the Root
[color=#008000]-Primary Loreroot alliance[/color]
[color=#008000]-Public presence, mostly through few key members[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Leadership unclear[/color]
[color=#b22222]-A few inactive members[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Set short term goals or positions to give purpose to current and future members[/color]

Woodcutters
[color=#b22222]-Many inactive members[/color]
[color=#b22222]-No recruitment[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Merge into Guardians of the Root[/color]

Crafters
[color=#008000]-Important role[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Little to no recruitment[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Recruit[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Expand item creation possibility[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Advertise/sponsor quests[/color]

[u]Necrovion[/u]
Tainted Warriors
[color=#008000]-Good recruitment effort[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Some inactive members[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Make news[/color]

[u]Archives[/u]
Archivists
[color=#008000]-Clear and useful role[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Little public impact[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Record stuff and stick it on the forum, write articles regarding past events[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Teach new players about the past[/color]

Dimensional Shifters
[color=#008000]-Revived with good intentions[/color]
[color=#008000]-Good recruitment[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Unclear purpose[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Create long term goals[/color]

[u]Tribunal[/u]
Caretakers
[color=#b22222]-No public impact[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Do something[/color]

Seal of Six
[color=#b22222]-No apparent purpose[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Show Tribunal loyalty[/color]

Treasure Keepers
[color=#008000]-Clear and important role[/color]
[color=#008000]-Good recruitment[/color]
[color=#008000]-Good public presence[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Useless while not "on the job"[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Find a purpose between sponsorships/deliveries[/color]

Soldiers of the Inner Sun
[color=#ee82ee]-Well, no sense talking about this.[/color]

[u]Others[/u]
Shattered Illusions
[color=#b22222] -No public impact[/color]
[color=#b22222] -Two non-alt members[/color]
[color=#b22222] -No apparent role[/color]
[s][color=#daa520] -Remind me why dst needs an alliance?[/color][/s]
[color=#daa520] -Do anything that constitutes a need for an alliance[/color]

Defenders of Bob
[color=#008000]-Clear role[/color]
[color=#b22222]-No pretty pichure > :([/color]
[color=#b22222]-Role consists of sitting and talking in chat[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Create Bob-centric quests or events[/color]

Edited by Pipstickz

I have no issue with the logo not having been uploaded. It will be uploaded when it can be. People complaining about it only makes me want it to take as long as physically possible to be honest, because its not your logo, its ours. As far as anyone else is concerned for now not having a logo is our logo if that makes you feel better.

So we have a clear role which is good....but that clear role is sitting and talking in chat which is bad. That doesn't make a lot of sense. I thought our role was to defend Bob? I'm pretty sure we do do that every single day, and every specific time too.

We already do Bob related quests and events. We just dont do little pre-organised forum announced festivals - is that what you want? We arn't CoE, it's really not our style. Guess we could do a Bob festival or something though, will think about it.

Is there a purpose to this list of yours or just want to get talks going on alliance activity for the bazillionth time? Serious question, not taking the Michael.

Z

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1343824877' post='118879']
I have no issue with the logo not having been uploaded. It will be uploaded when it can be. People complaining about it only makes me want it to take as long as physically possible to be honest, because its not your logo, its ours. As far as anyone else is concerned for now not having a logo is our logo if that makes you feel better.
[/quote]
I know it's not a real issue, hence the little angry face just for you.

So we have a clear role which is good....but that clear role is sitting and talking in chat which is bad. That doesn't make a lot of sense. I thought our role was to defend Bob? I'm pretty sure we do do that every single day, and every specific time too.

We already do Bob related quests and events. We just dont do little pre-organised forum announced festivals - is that what you want? We arn't CoE, it's really not our style. Guess we could do a Bob festival or something though, will think about it.
[/quote]
Identifying the role is easy, this is good, and of course when I say you just sit and talk, it is an over-simplification, but that is ultimately what RP is, and also what MD boils down to for some people, totally fine for them, could be better to me. As for quests and stuff, I see your quest, but I am trying to address the alliance as a whole. If there have been things and I have simply missed them, I apologize. What is your style? Random events, or what?

Is there a purpose to this list of yours or just want to get talks going on alliance activity for the bazillionth time? Serious question, not taking the Michael.

Z
[/quote]
I happened to have some time and figured I'd put something out there, if someone reads it and tries to do something, good for them, I'll be happy. If you don't like it, write it off and forget about it, not a big deal.

[quote[u]][/u]
[u]Necrovion[/u]
Tainted Warriors
[color=#008000]-Good recruitment effort[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Some inactive members[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Make news[/color]

[/quote]

Could you elaborate the 'Make news' suggestion?

Edited by Peace

In the past, Necrovion has been a source of excitement and ultimately history within MD. I realize that perhaps that particular image no longer suits you, but I'm hopeful that we can figure out some way around it, to once again create excitement and history.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1343823848' post='118871']

[u]Golemus Golemicarum[/u]
Guerrilla Golemicarum
[color=#008000]-Primary Golemus alliance[/color]
[color=#008000]-Clear leadership[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Few new recruits[/color]
[/quote]

Thanks for the nice input, but any not-grinder form of 'training' is pointless currently, and i'll not recruit newbies as long as an ally can be taken against the ally's will with such ease.

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1343824514' post='118877']
So, in other words, no meaningful reason. Better now?
[/quote]

Pipstickz, my job cannot be posted on the forum and I cannot form "official" reports for general MD population. I suggest you read the description of my ally from the Ann and maybe then you'll understand. Maybe then you'll understand why this ally has so few members as well. Or maybe not...because I don't expect you (personally) to actually understand when you're blinded by hatred.
And this is my last post to this thread. The ones that have eyes to see will see. The ones that have ears to hear will hear. The rest...well..I don't care :D.

Enjoy the summer!

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1343826468' post='118897']
Thanks for the nice input, but any not-grinder form of 'training' is pointless currently, and i'll not recruit newbies as long as an ally can be taken against the ally's will with such ease.
[/quote]
Pointless for you, maybe, but it gives people something to do, and your alliance has a particular advantage regarding takeovers with Grido's illusions, no?

[quote name='Liberty4life' timestamp='1343826472' post='118898']
ooo look somebody is jelly cuz he aint in SOS

and SOS purpose didnt change much since it was formed, granos was villain, eon is villain, only difference is they both have their own methods
[/quote]
Granos did nothing with SoS, Ailith did nothing with SoS, I did nothing with SoS, now Eon gets to do nothing with SoS. Jealous? Not anymore. I don't make a habit out of holding pointless grudges. Most of the time. If you want to tell me SoS is being used for something, I'd be happy to hear, and change my post.

[quote name='dst' timestamp='1343826817' post='118900']
Pipstickz, my job cannot be posted on the forum and I cannot form "official" reports for general MD population. I suggest you read the description of my ally from the Ann and maybe then you'll understand. Maybe then you'll understand why this ally has so few members as well. Or maybe not...because I don't expect you (personally) to actually understand when you're blinded by hatred.
And this is my last post to this thread. The ones that have eyes to see will see. The ones that have ears to hear will hear. The rest...well..I don't care :D.

Enjoy the summer!
[/quote]
Not blinded by hatred, I just see it differently. What is the point of you controlling an alliance? What would you lose by not having it? Could your job be done without it?

[quote name='Pipstickz' timestamp='1343823848' post='118871']
[u]Loreroot[/u]
Guardians of the Root
[color=#008000]-Primary Loreroot alliance[/color]
[color=#008000]-Public presence, mostly through few key members[/color]
[color=#b22222]-Leadership unclear[/color]
[color=#b22222]-A few inactive members[/color]
[color=#daa520]-Set short term goals or positions to give purpose to current and future members[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#808080][i]With all due respect, you might have talked to Mya or me before posting your observations.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]-GotR leadership is quite clear. Mya and me are co-leaders. We both can make decisions, if we'd happen to disagree on something we resolve it before presenting a common decision/reply.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]- the only really inactive member is Firs, but since he was the leader and king before, I took the liberty not to remove him. There are indeed few rarely active members, people who show up once every second month or so. Still I believe they deserve not to be removed as long as there's a chance they might be back.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]- training issues, I agree with Burns. In the past we did plan training sessions.[/i][/color]
[color=#808080][i]- within inside structure of GotR players were given positions and goals. Unfortunately due to inactivity of GotR "Elders" things got worse. And after 2 failed attempts to take over the alliance recruitment of new members is very limited. [/i][/color]

[size=2][color=#A9A9A9]edit: spelling issues[/color][/size]

Edited by Shemhazaj

As a general point for all..

I believe a clear purpose or goal to follow should be established for all (if already established, at least reannounce it). But not by us, but by Council or Mur, when they get a bit of time. This way the Community, Council, or Mur can actually judge based on it and I guess it would be easier to make a structure and disband those who aren't doing their "goal".

Edited by BFH

• Root Admin

[quote name='Shemhazaj' timestamp='1343828312' post='118905']
[color=#808080][i]-GotR leadership is quite clear. Mya and me are co-leaders. We both can make decisions, if we'd happen to disagree on something we resolve it before presenting a common decision/reply.[/i][/color]
[/quote]

Its interesting that you feel this way, i was under the impression that Mya was the sole leader.

In addition, i would have said GoTR and GG alliances are both largely hidden in their organisation, i would have said their structure is the same, confusing.

To me, in both alliances i see a leader (mya, burns, which is apparently incorrect already :D) with various members dotted around. Said member are only differentiated by me in terms of how "powerful" they are. I couldn't name any one person that would most likely suceed the current leaders because i dont know more about the structure

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1343840006' post='118924']
Its interesting that you feel this way, i was under the impression that Mya was the sole leader.
[/quote]

[i][color=#808080]I have been occupied with RL issues for several months and only since July I've been able to come back and be more active.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]So it's quite natural you had that impression.[/color][/i]
[i][color=#808080]Also Mya has been the Second in Command in Firs' era, so she naturally has seniority while it's still co-leading the alliance.[/color][/i]

Regarding SoE, I agree with your pos and neg points, but I dont like the suggestion.
SoE has this history, and has a very cool logo :D It would be a shame for it to get merged into another alliance. Besides, there are differences in mental approach regarding KoB and SoE, so there is usefulness in SoE as a separate alliance. It gives that option of becoming a bit more neutral than ordinary MB citizens in the spirit of observing way of life. (it makes the library access requirements much easier to handle too)

man SOE is primary alliance of MB, not KOB

soe badge is coat of arms of mb
soe was made first
number of seats doesnt mean anythin
kob was formed coz mur wanted that each land has "civil" and military ally, otherwise kob wouldnt have ever existed
more over military alliances in those days dont mean anythin, nothin is decided by them or by creat fights

Do something? I'm sorry but last I checked the CT's have put on several public alliance sponsored quests in the past few months. The Grail in January, and The Coffening in June. We helped with a funeral for Spart. Several contracts have been fulfilled requested by the powers that be.
No public impact? Hmm last I checked we worked diligently on trying to support the herb population in TB until everyone pretty much gave up on herbs. When Eon or whoever is the only one out farming them, makes little point to monitor it. Also I believe it was the CT's that tried not all that long ago to help "the community" with killing Eon in an effort to pull that "community" together in an effort.

I will agree that we are quite inactive during this time, which has affected the herb monitoring. It's called real life. Summer time is almost always the busiest for anyone who actually does something on a regular bases. Gardens, Work, Children, Schooling, Wives/Husbands, Remodeling, vacations, etc.

[quote name='BFH' timestamp='1343837865' post='118922']
As a general point for all..

I believe a clear purpose or goal to follow should be established for all (if already established, at least reannounce it). But not by us, but by Council or Mur, when they get a bit of time. This way the Community, Council, or Mur can actually judge based on it and I guess it would be easier to make a structure and disband those who aren't doing their "goal".
[/quote]

Why should the council or Mur state the goal of the alliance, when they have no active involvement in them?

Goals and such change for alliances over time, a traditionally fighting alliance may start to do some research because there is a lack of reasons to fight against others, and thus their goal would change.

If you want the current goals/fundamentals of an alliance, best bet is to ask them straight for it.

How do you measure an idea? One man will call it rubbish and toss it away, another will see it as a treasure and a third will wish to bury it deep in the earth.

Especially for somehow research related alliances there can be no such thing as a clear goal. Though I will admit research seems to have moved towards a stalemate lately, I honestly wish we would get the clues that were promised since a long time ago.

[quote name='Grido' timestamp='1343861837' post='118960']
Why should the council or Mur state the goal of the alliance, when they have no active involvement in them?

Goals and such change for alliances over time, a traditionally fighting alliance may start to do some research because there is a lack of reasons to fight against others, and thus their goal would change.

If you want the current goals/fundamentals of an alliance, best bet is to ask them straight for it.
[/quote]

Because alliances actually do nothing? Neither change their purposes. With the time leaders change, but if the alliance have a static purpose then their ideas will revolve around it.

Alliances are not meant to be judged based a number, but based on the role they should fulfill. And actually I see judgments based on numbers, something I disagree. But I guess not all think the same... Too bad.

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1343863806' post='118962']
How do you measure an idea? One man will call it rubbish and toss it away, another will see it as a treasure and a third will wish to bury it deep in the earth.

Especially for somehow research related alliances there can be no such thing as a clear goal. Though I will admit research seems to have moved towards a stalemate lately, I honestly wish we would get the clues that were promised since a long time ago.
[/quote]

OK I'll use Advertisers as example because it's disbanded.

Role: Established and clearly stated by Mur. Free Credits, top lists, traffic, all outside related MD image job.

Even when the outside job can't be seen by most. The internal is seen. So the alliance is active and fulfilling its initial goal.

Research alliances. Are they doing any researches, are they proactive in it? That should work as questions to judge their activity.

Same with other.

I'd be happy to partner with other guilds to make tea, mostly to supply heat if needed.

Otherwise, "little use as it stands" has a bit of truth to it I suppose. Heat stones aren't the biggest commodity around, but we're trying to do some cool stuff with them soon. Oh and if anyone needs heat jars/heat stones or just plain heat in a jar me and Gort would be happy to supply them.

[quote]
Kelle'tha Order
[color=#008000]1 -Important and interesting research[/color]
[color=#b22222]2 -Small public presence and impact[/color]
[color=#b22222]3 -Only one active member[/color]
[color=#daa520]4 -Merge into Guerrilla Golemicarum, keep forum for discussion[/color]
[color=#daa520]5 -Recruit[/color]
[/quote]

1. agreed
2. as it should be for now
3. not true. yes in game terms 1 very active 1 semi active
4. you got to be kidding me. Kelle'tha Order is based in Golemus but is much more then just an alliance.
5. Only if we want to. There is a strick recruting policy in the Kelle'tha Order. It does not just let anyone in.

Edited by Yrthilian