Conditional Rewards

Ackshan Bemunah

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1349375344' post='123096']
I think it's about time I upped the Ante :D

If enough interest is shown in this Quest, and Lashy gets 20+ applicants. I'll upgrade the rewards, and the first, second, and third place prizes will be more than worth your time :D

Let's get Quests going again guys :3

Let's breathe some life back into MagicDuel ! :D
[/quote]

Conditional rewards -- aren't we not allowed to do that?

(Thank you, whoever moved this to a new topic.)

Edited by Ackshan Bemunah

[quote name='Ackshan Bemunah' timestamp='1349377516' post='123100']
Conditional rewards -- aren't we not allowed to do that?
[/quote]

in all honesty?

i wouldnt know o.o

however O:

if im not allowed to do this, then the Council (or someone else) will let me know, and ill stick to my original sponsorship o,O

no harm no foul xD

[quote]What things Seigheart could do that would bother me badly:
[...]
- gamble with the decision of sponsor you or not. TK decision should be clear and to the point. There are NO IFs in that, so hearing seigh doing anything like "i might sponsor you if" would be wrong.
- influence quests or advise quest makers in such way to make them gain or lose sponsorpship. TK should never influence how quests are done[/quote]

I see what chu did there Pip Pippy Pip (oh how i love thee :D)

Alas o.o

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]1) "i might sponsor you if" is not what im saying. im saying im DEFINITELY sponsoring you, BUT we could make this crazier :D[/background][/size][/font][/color]

2) "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]TK should never influence how quests are done" ok. sounds fair. im not making/asking/etc etc Lashtal to change the way hes doing things. im just trying to get more people into doing things period ^^[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]So, thank you Pip Pippy Pip, King of all Fries, Salty yet Delicious Savior of all things Smexy, but i think im still abiding by the rules ^%^

however D: if you (or anyone else) Think(s) im wrong, feel free to message the council about it :3[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1349392864' post='123118']
I see what chu did there Pip Pippy Pip (oh how i love thee :D)

Alas o.o

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]1) "i might sponsor you if" is not what im saying. im saying im DEFINITELY sponsoring you, BUT we could make this crazier :D[/background][/size][/font][/color]

2) "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]TK should never influence how quests are done" ok. sounds fair. im not making/asking/etc etc Lashtal to change the way hes doing things. im just trying to get more people into doing things period ^^[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2][background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]So, thank you Pip Pippy Pip, King of all Fries, Salty yet Delicious Savior of all things Smexy, but i think im still abiding by the rules ^%^

however D: if you (or anyone else) Think(s) im wrong, feel free to message the council about it :3[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Feel free also to email the treasury, we will try to fend off and thereby strengthen your concerns until Fang's head is successfully penetrated.

EDIT: Looks like Seigheart successfully penetrated Fang's head enough to see that he was right. So never mind.

I have to agree here. While Pipsticks makes a very valid point, Fang hasn't changed the quest details at all, nor has he "withdrawn sponsorship" if his conditions are not met. He merely seems trying to boost popularity in the quest, by hinting at better rewards if there are many.
It's the classic case of "one marshmallow now, or two later". Either way, you still get marshmallows! :cool:

[quote name='Seigheart' timestamp='1349401180' post='123127']
From my understanding of the rules, this is perfectly allowed.

I never attempted to do such a thing because I would sponsor the quest with what I thought it was worth. Not because of it's popularity.
[/quote]

thank you my dear beloved adored tresaured smexual friend of mine !:D

[quote name='Maebius' timestamp='1349430187' post='123160']
I have to agree here. While Pipsticks makes a very valid point, Fang hasn't changed the quest details at all, nor has he "withdrawn sponsorship" if his conditions are not met. He merely seems trying to boost popularity in the quest, by hinting at better rewards if there are many.
It's the classic case of "one marshmallow now, or two later". Either way, you still get marshmallows! :cool:
[/quote]

pff! even Maebius agrees with me!??! well then o3o i think im safe in doing this xDDDD

in all seriousness though, and Fangy shinanigans aside, im doing this with purely good intentions in mind :D

the more the merrier my beloved MDers =D

so come on down! make a Recipe of Terror! spin the wheel! take a chance! its Halloween! lets dance a spooky dance >=D

Nyeheheheheeee >:3

Well it seems DST was right D:

(that physically hurt to admit)

And it seems the Active Questers of today aren't so many :3

Well then o.o let's change the requirements for the Upped Ante rewards ;3

10! Only 10 people need submit works of Horror, but I'll go no lower!

Come on people :3

I believe in ya ^_^

Edited by Fang Archbane

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1349725566' post='123534']
Nyeheheheheeee >:3

Well it seems DST was right D:

(that physically hurt to admit)

And it seems the Active Questers of today aren't so many :3

Well then o.o let's change the requirements for the Upped Ante rewards ;3

10! Only 10 people need submit works of Horror, but I'll go no lower!

Come on people :3

I believe in ya ^_^
[/quote]

This seems premature.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Fang Archbane' timestamp='1350879292' post='124425']
Well see ;3

If the Council rides me like a small pony for what im currently doing, then sure, ill stop it :D

But honestly, i can see no negative repercussions from this, as im simply egging people on to try that little bit harder :333
[/quote]

I get what you're saying, but the simple fact is that the prizes were what you were, and you said "they're not that anymore, they are this". I think that's a no-no.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but what is a darkling? o.O

And I'm not sure if raising the rewards has had any effect, because I already submitted mine long ago...

I was more than happy with the rewards then too though, but I suppose the 3 or 4 entries after mine were encouraged by Fang's generous rewards...?

Edited by DARK DEMON

[quote name='lashtal' timestamp='1350909827' post='124444']
I avoided commenting this discussion so far, knowing I could be accused of having conflicting interests...

Anyway, before assuming, have you talked to Fang to know why he sponsored the quest in such a generous way?
[/quote]

This wasn't even my question.

The original prizes were...I actually don't even remember what they were. I think there was a GG Drachorn and a soulweaver involved.
(EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong.)
but says Fang:
[quote]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Prizes have changed and now they go as FOLLOWS >:3[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1st Prize) a Darkling (que the dramatic music)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2nd Prize) a Shade (que the drop in bass)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3rd Prize) a Soulweaver (que the surprise)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/quote][/font][/color]

It is unclear what of this TK is sponsoring.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now Lashtal adjusts the prizes:[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][quote][/font][/color]
[b]Rewards[/b][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] ([/font][/color][u]due to the recent upgrade in TK's sponsored rewards, I'd change it as it follows[/u][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]):[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 1st classified: a Darkling,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 2nd classified: a GG drachorn,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 3rd classified: a Shade,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 4th classified: a Lock in Chaos stone,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 5th classified: a Soulweaver,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- for everybody else: an aged Necrovion's creature of your choice (Unholy Priest or Tormented soul).[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/quote][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You can see that it is unclear what exactly TK intends to sponsor, and the fuzzy interpretation lead lashtal to (1) alter the quest and (2) alter TK's sponsorship promise.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I am confused as to why the terminology "Prizes have changed" was used and why existing prizes were displaced, among other things.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Chewett' timestamp='1350919401' post='124454']
Thats even worse! giving away a darkling, shade and SW was bad enought, but adding to the prizes? thats ridiculous. As i said, anyone who wants ot be added to raise their point please pm me :)
[/quote]

I was quoting. Lashtal's call on whether to include the initial prizes. Fang's call on what exactly the sponsorship is.

[size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][color=#222222]LOL, what a mess!!![/color]

[color=#222222]TK's sponsored rewards are stated by Fang and I thought were clear enough..[/color]
[color=#222222]Anyway, let's sum it all up.[/color]
[color=#222222]The original rewards intended for the quest were:[/color]

[color=#222222]1st place: 1 Lock in Chaos stone,[/color]
[color=#222222]2nd place: 1 GG drachorn,[/color]
[color=#222222]3rd place: 1 Tormented Soul.[/color]

[color=#222222]These ones are provided by me and those who supported my quest (Peace and Azull), unrelated to TKs.[/color]

[color=#222222]The original TK's sponsorship was:[/color]

[color=#222222]1st place: 1 Shade, [/color]
[color=#222222]2nd place: 10 sc,[/color]
[color=#222222]3rd place: 5 sc.[/color]

[color=#222222]Hence why I originally announced:[/color]

[color=#222222]1st place: 1 Lock in Chaos stone + 1 Shade,[/color]
[color=#222222]2nd place: 1 GG drachorn + 10 sc,[/color]
[color=#222222]3rd place: 1 Tormented Soul + 5 sc.[/color]

[color=#222222]The "updated" TK's sponsorship is:[/color]

[color=#222222]1st place: 1 Darkling (instead of a Shade),[/color]
[color=#222222]2nd place: 1 Shade (instead of 10 sc),[/color]
[color=#222222]3rd place: 1 Soulweaver (instead of 5 sc).[/color]

[color=#222222]In order to avoid having super big prizes for 3 people and minor prizes for everybody else, I thought better to redistribute the prizes as it follows:[/color]

[color=#222222][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 1st place: a Darkling,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 2nd place: a GG drachorn,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 3rd place: a Shade,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- 4th place: a Lock in Chaos stone,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- 5th place: a Soulweaver,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- for everybody else: an aged Necrovion's creature of your choice (Unholy Priest or Tormented soul).[/font][/color][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]lashtal[/color][/font][/background][/size]

Edited by lashtal

I actually really like that Fang ups it if more people take part, and I like that he is giving out great prizes for what he thinks are great quests. That's what he is supposed to do. If he just gives out minor prizes all the time then he might as well go sleep with the fishes because there is little point seeing as we could all do that ourselves.

Z

Thank you lashtal for clarifying what for some reason was extremely confusing for me. I just discovered that I have a rather high fever which may explain it. I wasn't even intent on debating the magnitude of the prizes, though it seems that that's a problem in the eyes of more than a couple people.

[quote name='(Zl-eye-f)-nea' timestamp='1350929400' post='124461']
I actually really like that Fang ups it if more people take part, and I like that he is giving out great prizes for what he thinks are great quests. That's what he is supposed to do. If he just gives out minor prizes all the time then he might as well go sleep with the fishes because there is little point seeing as we could all do that ourselves.

Z
[/quote]

(Mur explicitly requires TK sponsorship to always more-than-match whatever prize was already offered.)

(EDIT: Like I said, Z, high fever.)